What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Bulldogs

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I missed the first 20 mins or so but within 30 secs of watching I knew we were going to be shit....seriously you could sum it up within seconds as to where this debacle today was going to end up.....You shouldnt single individuals out because across the park we were very very poor ln all fascists of the 80 mins but Amone and Sloan were bloody awful today imo....and Josh Kerr for his size and long levers hits the line like a marshmallow.....and Hunt, sadly in my estimation over many years has never been the messiah many in this club thought he was going to be...he very rarely ices the cake and seems void of options and ideas in clutch situations.....and lastly for us older supporters once again our hopes and enthusiasm has been cut short early in the season....in other words we havnt got that many left to right the ship I'm afraid

Last edited:

shiloh dc

Juniors
Good old Collingwood forever......side by side we stick together, to uphold the magpies name.

Dragon's and Collingwood supporter, at least the mighty Pies give it their all and know how to win the cliae ones. The Dragon's unfortunately are a rabble.
Likewise - the Pies are as good as the Dragons are bad. They just knew they were going to come over the Crows.

rasaint

Juniors
The team looked flat and tired today from get go.

Yes Bulldogs had a number of top quality players out. However remember we have Sua ( best backrower) Frank Molo SOO and starting prop ( 3 games suspension and now extra 2 weeks punishing fans), our fastest player and genuine try scorer Cody Ramsey very sick/ Rava gone with hamstring and the very good Tau Tau Moga gone long term. This is never mentioned.

Ciraldo‘s team have been ordinary also with injuries. They haven’t won much and being protected by media saying injuries being an excuse but not us! Panthers have many quality players out and also getting beat.

Despite the significant injury toll we have been competing.

Lomax and Blocker Lawrie ineffective. How long do we keep Lomax ( very ordinary) at centre, he doesn’t beat anyone. Amone offers little and lacks speed.

Ben Hunt is a tremendous player and trying his guts out. We need him badly. He doesn’t have the players around him of sufficient ability.

Thats my take.

justadragon

Bench
Good old Collingwood forever......side by side we stick together, to uphold the magpies name.

Dragon's and Collingwood supporter, at least the mighty Pies give it their all and know how to win the cliae ones. The Dragon's unfortunately are a rabble.
Compare the coach of Collingwood to our coach, I would kill for the Dragons to have one tenth of what Craig McRae is. What a champion coach and bloke.

Last edited:

sammymills

Juniors
I follow dragons because my father follows St George and I have many great memories of being on the hill watching fantastic footy - Nathan blacklock, Jamie ainscough, Amos roberts - these sort of blokes. We didn’t win every week but it was exciting football and we had a lot of supporters.

I try to watch the games with my 3 year old boy but there’s seriously nothing exciting there. We are such a boring team to watch.

i was at a bbq at a mates place out in glenmore park the other week and a 4 year old told me he went for the panthers. Wouldn’t shut up about how much he loved luai and Dylan Edwards. I wonder if any kids in our area would even know our players names let alone get that excited about our team.

Another unimaginative effort.

One out rubbish even when the other side were down a man.

The short turn around time was probably the difference between winning and losing.

We were flat and played like we were in a trance.

No grubber kicks or chip kicks.

I don’t think we ran it once on the last tackle.

The lack of speed in the backline doesn’t help.

Phantom V

Juniors
Especially in Wollongong.
I remember when I heard the news about Cody Ramsey and how gutted I was for him. He really was one of the few positives to come out of last year and yet I was hopeful that Sloan would step up and show us his potential.

To his credit he has shown flashes of brilliance but he lacks in most other areas needed to be an effective first grade fullback.

I don’t agree with some of Hooks selections, but it’s becoming more apparent that picking Ramsey ahead of Sloan was the right move. He would’ve made that tackle on Avarillo.

Great comment about Ben Hunt kicking stones. He’s given us good service, but he’s not the leader we need moving forward.

Trifili13

Juniors
While players can have an off game, Sloan to me is a Dufty mark II. Doesn't want to put his body on the line, gets caught out of position when covering, doesn't want to tackle the player running at him and doesn't like taking contested bombs. Shows flashes of brilliance in attack like Dufty but you can't be a serious team if your fullback has that many flaws. Much like soccer when you have a dodgy goalkeeper that continuously lets in easy goals.

justadragon

Bench
While players can have an off game, Sloan to me is a Dufty mark II. Doesn't want to put his body on the line, gets caught out of position when covering, doesn't want to tackle the player running at him and doesn't like taking contested bombs. Shows flashes of brilliance in attack like Dufty but you can't be a serious team if your fullback has that many flaws. Much like soccer when you have a dodgy goalkeeper that continuously lets in easy goals.
I agree with you, but if you watched the KOE cup side go round defense was an issue there as well. We are not being coached right in defense in the lower grade, there is more of an emphasis on scoring tries and entertainment. Oh btw we are not a very entertaining side either :)))

TheRev

First Grade
Yep, I tried to make this point after the Anzac game, Sloane has a lot of fans on here, and the flashes of brilliance in attack (mostly because hes quick) are awesome and I cheer too.. but it literally means nothing if you cant stop the tries that come your way (and averillo was a brute today, plenty would have missed him).. but also Sloane has to find a way to be comfortable under a contested bomb.. he has been avoiding them for a while now... but at this level you cant be hesitant.. any of these weaknesses will be exposed as coaches work him out.

I know he's relatively young and patience is required, I think of him a bit like a Laurie or a Campbell or a Savage... but he has to keep getting better quickly.. I couldnt believe Bula's debut last night in the wet, good lord some of those tackles and bombs he took.. the only thing that might differentiate Sloan from Dufty Mk2, is that Dufty almost made a point of refusing to listen to any advice about improving his defence.. he did not change a thing for 2 years.. but Mary kept picking him.. I think Sloan has a better attitude than Dufty.. but he has to keep working at it.. I often think about Cody, he missed maybe 2 bombs in a game early.. copped a lot of flack... went away.. came back and almost never dropped another ball.. he basically went up and hugged the thing like a new born baby.. damn the consequences as he came down.

Latest posts