What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Sea Eagles

JamesRustle

First Grade
Surely he takes the 3 games early guilty plea??
Just as worrying is who will take his place.
Hoping Ryan Couchman gets a start.
If Carr picks J Hunt, that will do me.
Surely they grow a set and say f**k your early guilty offer, well see you at the hearing. JDB offers a lot on the field but 3 or 4 weeks v. None is worth taking on with 5 games to go and a season in the toilet, if only for the chance to hold the ref accountable.

sammymills

Juniors
Regardless, he gives me the shits. Says that then sits there with that smug but dumb look on his face.
I once heard him commentate and he said dragons could win if we ‘got the ball out to gasnier and cooper n that’ sums up his intelligence levels really

Batman251

Juniors
Just watched the presser and Carr suitably animated and aggrieved. Some very dubious decisions. Tonight’s ref is one of the weakest we have in my opinion.
Having said that, with a lot of possession we mounted very little threat for most of the game. Hunt much better in the second stanza made a big difference. We are a very slow side and lack any impact off the bench. Musgrove seemed to hobble for most of his time and Couchman is solid but still raw. Russel is committed as is Burns but really largely ineffective. Desperately need some forwards. Fingers crossed Flanno! 🤞🙏

sammymills

Juniors
One thing that really grinds my gears nowadays with the NRL rulings is their interpretation of the one on one strip rule. It used to be you make a one on one tackle and strip the ball. This is not rugby union. Nowadays we see like 6 players making a tackle they all peel for a milisecond and then one takes the ball, it’s bullshit

BLM01

First Grade
One thing that really grinds my gears nowadays with the NRL rulings is their interpretation of the one on one strip rule. It used to be you make a one on one tackle and strip the ball. This is not rugby union. Nowadays we see like 6 players making a tackle they all peel for a milisecond and then one takes the ball, it’s bullshit
Thts because the refs allow the wrestle without calling "held"

BLM01

First Grade
A
There were positives last night and the highlight was the presser by Carr.

3 major turning points.

1. No try call.
2. 3 minute delayed sin bin.
3. Sloane miss on Saab.

Anyone one of those goes our way, we win. Two are pathetic ref errors and 1 is downright weak defence by Sloane. That tackle was there to be made.
Agree and I thought Feagai's effort on Saab before he ran furthur and passed inside as Sloane tackled him for Manly's first try was poor

SEAT 1A

Bench
There were positives last night and the highlight was the presser by Carr.

3 major turning points.

1. No try call.
2. 3 minute delayed sin bin.
3. Sloane miss on Saab.

Anyone one of those goes our way, we win. Two are pathetic ref errors and 1 is downright weak defence by Sloane. That tackle was there to be made.
Add Feagai and Blocker gassed early.

Also, in the first half, Manly not square at the play the ball, crickets.

It's fair to say, can't overcome the no try call. Take that away and we were the better team which is a credit to the boys.

justadragon

Bench
we shouldnt have any version of stripping the ball it wrecks the game, much like raking the ball in the ruck used to.

Jim Dragons

Juniors
I would say Hunt had an absolute shocker last night.

So, the question that should be asked is:

Did Hunt "tank" in favour of his mate and fellow Queenslander's 300th?
I know it is always said that everyone is entitled to their opinion... but you must have been at a different game than me. l know that Hunt is an easy mark these days. But "a shocker" really???
I have been impressed by the 'improvement' of little bits of our game each week. Whoever is responsible for these things needs to be retained (I suspect that it is Carr). Things like:
- Zac finally showing over the last 4 weeks why Freddy called in the gifted one; and not just because he had one flick pass
- Junior's improvement after a stint in Reggies...
- for the last 3 weeks Suli seems to be more inclined to help out coming off our line...
- Rav receiving kick offs and starting sets after scoring on a positive note...
- Slone is actually missing tackles now. The good thing there its because he is trying to use his pace and MAKE tackles. We need to be patient...
- the last two weeks Billy Burns has shown why we swapped him from the panthers (but l am always wary of a vast improvement of a guy off contract soon).
- along with Dan Russell and the Couchman twins we may have a few working edge forwards for next year. Looking forward to them three after another off season
- l read that Flanno was quoted as saying that we will not add a cent to any contract that Sullivan might get. Same as Lomax and hopefully with the same result.
I really came away from last night thinking that I don't like playing well and competing but not getting the chocolates. But the reality is the rest of this season is about being ready to hit the ground running next year.
And as for Hunt - we played against Saab this week and he really kicked stones until he got out. I have been impressed with how Hunt has reacted. I wish it hadn't happened but he has reacted with maturity and deserves that recognised.

Latest posts