What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 vs Sea Eagles

Jim Dragons

Juniors
we shouldnt have any version of stripping the ball it wrecks the game, much like raking the ball in the ruck used to.
Stripping does give the game a point of difference. But the rules says not when a player is on the ground or held. Maybe once a player has been stopped moving with 2 in the tackle no strip - OR - if you strip at the ball you must hold it no matter which way it travels

BLM01

First Grade
Apparently, we will be fighting it.
Good news. I am sure Annesley's interpretation of a hip drop was your feet are in the air and you use that as leverage to swing around falling on the back of their legs..aka Fui last year
Another frickin grey rule and opinion interpretations has now morphed into
any player injured, lets look at it in slo mo and you find an excuse for a penalty or a foul if you look hard and long enough. A legs tackle is now penalised.

its ridiculous, players look at the ref everytime for a clip across the ear, someone is accidently bumped jumping for a ball, a half is touched after kicking it and as soon as someone falls awkwardly or lies down for a sec.
And they same the game is better than ever.. I disagree.

possm

Coach
Flanno sees value in Bird as a lock/middle/centre, however, he is extremely unfit atm.

Nathan Spencer hS been brought in to get the whole squad to where they should be fitness wise. This appointment is an awesome get, and he has already, along with Flanno, mwr with Bird and set a platform for him to be in the best shape come season '24.

So, I also doubt we will see Bird again, at least in First grade, this season.

Most of our squad for '24 are going to be in for a bit of a shock come pre-season in Nov.
I have said for a long time now, one of our biggest problems with our squad is that they are nowhere near the level of fitness that they need to be. We can only hope for players to reach their true potential if they a fit enough to do so.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
We can blame the officiating all we like but we simply were not good enough last night. We conceded numerous long range tries on the back of soft defence and didn't show enough with the ball in hand, those things contributed most to the loss.

Carr downplaying the De Belin tackle as the bloke 'got his knee strapped', however he went off the field and has an MCL injury after the tackle.

Carr should focus on sorting out our defence and attack rather than blaming NRL officials who are simply doing a job.

possm

Coach
Stripping does give the game a point of difference. But the rules says not when a player is on the ground or held. Maybe once a player has been stopped moving with 2 in the tackle no strip - OR - if you strip at the ball you must hold it no matter which way it travels
I'd like to see a rule whereby the referee must say 'held' and from that time on the players must stop and the player in possession must play the ball.

2010Dragons

Bench
I know a lot on here keep saying sack Sloan although I think he’s slowly getting better and he’s always good for a try or two and he has the X factor. A preseason under flanno and intense physical work might well see him achieve his potential next season.
And one word on Casy Badger
She was a hopeless touchie
A hopeless ref
And now a totally incompetent bunker ref
She needs to be removed and sent to the under 8’s to learn the game!
Her husband the original Badger AKA Gavin "I'm hopeless" Badger.
He never got a grand final gig and or any important games.
I can still remember the game Storm vs Dragons in Melbourne.
Gavin Badger sent off Jason Riles for kicking in a scrum.
This is the crap mentoring Cassy Badger has received.

justadragon

Bench
We can blame the officiating all we like but we simply were not good enough last night. We conceded numerous long range tries on the back of soft defence and didn't show enough with the ball in hand, those things contributed most to the loss.

Carr downplaying the De Belin tackle as the bloke 'got his knee strapped', however he went off the field and has an MCL injury after the tackle.

Carr should focus on sorting out our defence and attack rather than blaming NRL officials who are simply doing a job.
I can agree with you in some cases but if you are saying that officials are there to do their job, one would say they need to be correct in their rulings, calling Russell's try a no try was a joke, plus the fact of interpreting rules in different games for different teams goes way beyond simply doing a job. Yes we were poor to very poor in some cases and I called it as that, but that doesnt mean we are not entitled to a fair treatment by the officials.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I can agree with you in some cases but if you are saying that officials are there to do their job, one would say they need to be correct in their rulings, calling Russell's try a no try was a joke, plus the fact of interpreting rules in different games for different teams goes way beyond simply doing a job. Yes we were poor to very poor in some cases and I called it as that, but that doesnt mean we are not entitled to a fair treatment by the officials.
Well said!

Victoire

Juniors
Lomax was very very good. So impressed with his turnaround since Griffin left - he's like a different person entirely. Competing hard on every play. The way he surged at full pace to stop one of DCE's 40-20 attempts that looked a certainty was just fantastic. That's not even his job! That's something the winger and fullback should've been doing but he took ownership of it. Great stuff.

Unfortunately that left edge defence is paper towel thin and Feagai is still making poor reads. And Tyrell Sloan... man I love him but yet again he's conceded a needless penalty due to sheer stupidity. You'd think he would have learnt his lesson from the sin bin last week. Frustrating.

justadragon

Bench
Lomax was very very good. So impressed with his turnaround since Griffin left - he's like a different person entirely. Competing hard on every play. The way he surged at full pace to stop one of DCE's 40-20 attempts that looked a certainty was just fantastic. That's not even his job! That's something the winger and fullback should've been doing but he took ownership of it. Great stuff.

Unfortunately that left edge defence is paper towel thin and Feagai is still making poor reads. And Tyrell Sloan... man I love him but yet again he's conceded a needless penalty due to sheer stupidity. You'd think he would have learnt his lesson from the sin bin last week. Frustrating.
Totally agree mate wrt Lomax, I'm on the fence with Sloan though, I think the kid is just not cut out to be a FB and as a previous poster plus what I also witnessed , he was always on the wing in lower grades, and if he doesnt start putting his body on the line, being a winger in the NRL will be beyond him as well, scoring a flashy try is good but not stopping 2 or 3 which you should be doing is not great at all.

thebigredv

First Grade
This is the real issue that’s there every week.
Basic coaching 101 that none of our last 3 coaches could address.

Usually when you have an deficiency in the team you do something about it. Not the Dragons.

I have my fingers crossed Flanagan is different.

barry

Juniors
Totally agree mate wrt Lomax, I'm on the fence with Sloan though, I think the kid is just not cut out to be a FB and as a previous poster plus what I also witnessed , he was always on the wing in lower grades, and if he doesnt start putting his body on the line, being a winger in the NRL will be beyond him as well, scoring a flashy try is good but not stopping 2 or 3 which you should be doing is not great at all.
Sloan has too much talent to let it go to waste, i think its his age and size that is letting him down in defense.
It is entirely up to Sloan, he needs to put on serious size, i am willing to give him a season or 2 under Flano before casting judgement on Sloan.

I wouldnt mind seeing how he goes in the centres as well. As for Fegai... he has to go, we need speed on the wings

Dragon David

First Grade
Her husband the original Badger AKA Gavin "I'm hopeless" Badger.
He never got a grand final gig and or any important games.
I can still remember the game Storm vs Dragons in Melbourne.
Gavin Badger sent off Jason Riles for kicking in a scrum.
This is the crap mentoring Cassy Badger has received.
The Badgers are not fans of the Dragons is how i see it.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Bah humbug, in his interim position and in our ladder position he was entitled to go all out on some crap decisions which almost made me want to puke on the NRL Watching Carr have a heart felt rant was a cleansing experience which was well overdue from our club.