What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final predictions

jeffdragon

Bench
Just giving my opinion and hope many will also.
Tough game to pick.
I'll go Panthers by 8.
First try scorer Turuva from Penrith and Clive Churchill medallist Isaah Yeo.

be55

Juniors
Clearly the two standout teams all year...

In my opinion this has the potential to be an absolute classic. The battle of the starting props, from both teams, will be worth the price of admission alone. Fischer-Harris was awesome on Friday night, but Payne Hass had one of the best games I've seen a front rower play last night.

19 carries, 223 meters and 91 post contact meters, WOW. And he made 33 tackles and didn't miss one. To say he is a great player would be an absolute understatement. Whatever he is being paid, he's worth every cent. By the time his career is over, he'll go down as one of the best forwards to ever play the game. Pity we couldn't get him in red and white, he's exactly what we need.

They'll have to go up a gear, but I honestly think Brisbane can do a job on Penrith, as crazy as that sounds. As good as Penrith's defence has been for years now, if Brisbane can match them early, and eventually establish enough momentum with some quick play the balls, the likes of Flegler, Hass, Riki and Carrigan will be extremely hard to stop. A very hard proposition for them, but I think Brisbane can do enough to win the middle, and that's when Mam, Farnworth, Staggs and Walsh can do the damage.

Two outstanding teams, that we should be trying to emulate in every way.

For what it's worth...

Brisbane by 14..
First try scorer Herbie Farnworth
CC Medal Hass or Carrigan ( toss a coin) I'll be having something on both of them

Good luck to anyone having a dabble and enjoy your Grand Final day...

Dragon David

First Grade
Clearly the two standout teams all year...

In my opinion this has the potential to be an absolute classic. The battle of the starting props, from both teams, will be worth the price of admission alone. Fischer-Harris was awesome on Friday night, but Payne Hass had one of the best games I've seen a front rower play last night.

19 carries, 223 meters and 91 post contact meters, WOW. And he made 33 tackles and didn't miss one. To say he is a great player would be an absolute understatement. Whatever he is being paid, he's worth every cent. By the time his career is over, he'll go down as one of the best forwards to ever play the game. Pity we couldn't get him in red and white, he's exactly what we need.

They'll have to go up a gear, but I honestly think Brisbane can do a job on Penrith, as crazy as that sounds. As good as Penrith's defence has been for years now, if Brisbane can match them early, and eventually establish enough momentum with some quick play the balls, the likes of Flegler, Hass, Riki and Carrigan will be extremely hard to stop. A very hard proposition for them, but I think Brisbane can do enough to win the middle, and that's when Mam, Farnworth, Staggs and Walsh can do the damage.

Two outstanding teams, that we should be trying to emulate in every way.

For what it's worth...

Brisbane by 14..
First try scorer Herbie Farnworth
CC Medal Hass or Carrigan ( toss a coin) I'll be having something on both of them

Good luck to anyone having a dabble and enjoy your Grand Final day...
A good preview there be55.

Penrith has been the better team with regard to the for and against comparison for this year. They are a very good defensive side and once they have a reasonable lead they can defend the points which in grand finals is vital. On the other hand, Brisbane can score brilliant tries and if they can defend well they can win the game next Sunday.

All in all it will be played tough initially in the forwards and a lot will depend on making fewer mistakes and handling errors throughout the full 80 minutes. The backs of both teams are strong and fast.

The three-peat curse will come into play and that is why I think the Broncs will win in a close one 18-14. First try scorer - Stephen Crichton, CC Medal Payne Hass.

be55

Juniors
A good preview there be55.

Penrith has been the better team with regard to the for and against comparison for this year. They are a very good defensive side and once they have a reasonable lead they can defend the points which in grand finals is vital. On the other hand, Brisbane can score brilliant tries and if they can defend well they can win the game next Sunday.

All in all it will be played tough initially in the forwards and a lot will depend on making fewer mistakes and handling errors throughout the full 80 minutes. The backs of both teams are strong and fast.

The three-peat curse will come into play and that is why I think the Broncs will win in a close one 18-14. First try scorer - Stephen Crichton, CC Medal Payne Hass.

Yes mate, this has the potential to be a classic. For some reason, my gut is telling me that Brisbane can stop the Penrith machine, but I could be way off the mark...

Whatever happens it should be a great game...

Gareth67

First Grade
Congratulations to both Penrith and Brisbane ! Would like the Broncs to come out on top , however to me it will be a case of the old dog teaching the young pup just who is boss .

Brisbane have fought their way to the big game with some tremendous wins throughout the season and thoroughly deserve to be there.

Penrith were almost perfect in their win over the Storm . I believe the biggest difference between the two is the rock solid defence of the Panthers and that is where they will win the game .

Who knows , perhaps they may be able to continue with their reign for a number of years yet and give the old Saints golden era a run for their money ? All I ask is that the better team wins the ‘23 grand final without any blunders from the referee or that ‘ orrible bloody bunker .

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Congratulations to both Penrith and Brisbane ! Would like the Broncs to come out on top , however to me it will be a the old dog teaching the young pup just who is boss .

Brisbane have fought their way to the big game and thoroughly deserve to be there.
Penrith were almost perfect in their win over the Storm . I believe the biggest difference between the two is the rock solid defence of the Panthers and that is where they will win the game .

Who knows , perhaps they may be able to continue with their reign for a number of years yet and give the old Saints golden era a run for their money ? All I ask is that the better team wins the ‘23 grand final without any blunders from the referee or that ‘ orrible bloody bunker .
I think you are right @Gareth67 . Both teams attack well, but I think the Panthers defence will win the game for them. Besides, I despise the Broncos and Reece Walsh appears to be a (talented but) arrogant jerk!

blacksafake

First Grade
If you match them up man for man the broncos are more brilliant.
For me Walsh, Reynolds & Carrigan hold the key.
Walsh is just so quick on his feet & he’s the most dangerous player in the game.
Reynolds imo has the best kicking game & Carrigan can be so physical for 80 minutes.

Having said that I think the panthers can pressure them into mistakes which the broncos can be guilty of at times & win on the back JFH, Leota, Martin & Cleary pressuring them for the 80.

Latest posts