What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I've NEVER in my 30 years of watching footy witnessed a team fall to pieces like the Broncos. Can't believe all the mistakes and STUPID decisions. They turned it on for 25 minutes and then went back to shit house footy. How on earth did they let that slip away?? As a neutral im absolutely shattered for them.
giphy.webp

Black Diamond

Juniors
To be fair, I don’t even think the team thought they could win after that try and it was a consolation - it’s not like Leota was mobbed by the team after he scored.
The team didn't mob Chrighton either. I think they had game faces on and were too focussed on getting back in place to score again. I don't believe the players thought the game was gone, they were up for the fight. Seems just a lot of supporters (including myself) thought we were done.

fourplay

Juniors
Hey. If you're coming at me like this - for me to console you, or to justify the 6again - then you've come to the wrong person. Suck it up princess. Add it to the Book of Feuds (Broncos version), The Short Novel of Adversity. It's half a f**king page.

What are you going on about? Coming at you like what 😂😂

There is no way you can be that dumb to take a simple one sentence post so out of context.

some11

Referee
Schadenfreude is a highly addictive drug, and the donkeys have done their best to cause me to OD in the last decade. Two spectacular Grand Final chokes, three straight ignomious finals exits (Storm 30-0 in 2017, Dragons 48-18 in 2018, and Eels 58-0 in 2019), a series of second half collapses that handed them an incredibly unlikely wooden spoon in 2020, and last year's collapse from top 4 to missing the finals in 6 weeks, capped off by a truly comical game against the Dragons. It's getting to be too much of a good thing. Come on Kevvie, give us poor little haters a break.
You've followed St George your whole life then quit on them like a bitch

Black Diamond

Juniors
He wasn't that exhausted, he remembered to congratulate the ref but not the opposition. Twist it any way you like, it was extremely poor form by the club captain.
Agree 100% Every Club Captain knows when they enter a GF they will need to make a speech win, lose or draw and part of that speech includes acknowledging your opponents. Plenty of other exhausted, gutted Captains on losing sides remembered what they needed to do regardless of how hard it was for them. It's their job.