What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R16 Sat - Newcastle 16-18 Sydney @ McDonald Jones

Round 16: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
Lol if we didn't have Ponga we'd be 17th. He was close to if not best on the field but the rest of our idiots are NSW Cup standard.

KennySterling

Juniors
I thought the Nein team barracking for the Panthers was pathetic last night, but Brandy and co cheering for the Chooks is nearly as bad.

f**k I'd love unbiased commentary.
Wish they'd invest in a mic' that works for the lovely Lara.

Never heard a word she spoke throughout the game on the Watch NRL app.

This Year?

Immortal
I can't believe how the Knights bumbled their way to that loss. Done all the hard stuff only to f**k it up. Can't say much for Atkins except that he sure got his fill of pubes.
I thought Manu had a great game but the real hero for the Roosters was Nat Butcher. I hope Keary is OK.

Apey

Staff member
Because a penalty could be 2 points. A team potentially wins a game on that ridiculous interpretation.
I've seen some arguments about this call but the call was correct. The rule is that you can strip an attacking player attempting to ground the ball for a try, or in the act of scoring a try. Best was 1m off the ground being held by 3 Rooster players at the time he was stripped. Of course he was trying to free himself to score a try, but he wasn't in the act of scoring it:

1687153531143.png

I thought the referee and Graham Annesley explained it correctly and I don't say that often. Annesley normally just agrees with the refs no matter what but he showed an identical instance from the Manly Parra game and said that should have been penalised too. Roughly 6mins in it starts:

I would expect my team to get penalised in the same situation.