What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

Munky

Coach
A NSW spine of

1) Robert Jennings
6) Jaemon Salmon
7) Jack Cogger
9) Soni Luke

Should be considered, after all they did all appear for a premiership winning team at did point in last two seasons.

Fangs

Coach
No one has confidently put any name in front of Luai. Moses/Hynes/Walker/Cogger are not in front they are just options.

So the idea that Luai is unlikely to be selected isn't making much sense to me.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Anyone see Cole and Jesse Mclean bursting onto the scene this season?
Jesse will only play for To'o during origin unless someone goes down.

Cole will hopefully be a shot at 14 by the second half of the year. I guess he might play centre if May or Tago get hurt.

mxlegend99

Referee
No one has confidently put any name in front of Luai. Moses/Hynes/Walker/Cogger are not in front they are just options.

So the idea that Luai is unlikely to be selected isn't making much sense to me.
He was already dropped in Game 3 for 2 of those guys. NSW won after having dropped him. Hynes played for Australia.

Cogger is almost zero chance of being picked. That's just insane. A different coach will have different ideas obviously. But I don't see him being picked and would say the likes of Moses, Hynes and Walker are ahead of him.

One thing a new coach will do is look at what worked and didn't work for his predecessor. What worked was dropping Luai. What didn't work was picking him.

Pomoz

Bench
He was already dropped in Game 3 for 2 of those guys. NSW won after having dropped him. Hynes played for Australia.

Cogger is almost zero chance of being picked. That's just insane. A different coach will have different ideas obviously. But I don't see him being picked and would say the likes of Moses, Hynes and Walker are ahead of him.

One thing a new coach will do is look at what worked and didn't work for his predecessor. What worked was dropping Luai. What didn't work was picking him.
I can't agree with that. Luai had Cook outside him in the centres. That had way more impact on the game than anything else. That was a brain explosion by the NSW coaching team.

The series was won by the time Walker and Moses were playing. Easy peasy when there is nothing to play for. I would like to see how Walker goes when they are in the trenches getting manhandled by the QLD forwards and, I don't know, getting head butted.

Fangs

Coach

If we win game II and Cleary is fit its a different story as well. We all know the first 10-12 rounds will decide a lot. Its up for grabs and Luai isn't out of the running just yet.

I'm interested to see what they do with Crichton/To'o. Both played right edge game three. I think Martin played left side as well. Its an obvious advantage when you pick Luai but if you split them on two sides you lose that.

maple_69

Bench
I personally think Moses deserves a shot at the 6. Walker is great at times but he’s dreadful at times and he’s 34. Maybe it’s slack on him but peaking at that age just doesn’t help give people confidence in you as an option to invest in at the start of a new era. Hynes needs to prove it in big games frankly although I do think he can do a good job.

Moses can offer a first class kicking alternative, is very fast and showed last year he can handle the physicality. I think he can be a great foil for Cleary.

Luai needs to go back to the NRL/Samoa and earn his spot back in my eyes. He certainly wasn’t set up for success for NSW but he’s also been in patchy form for the last two years basically so I don’t think he’s owed anything.

Latest posts