What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could 2023 be our best chance?

Matua

Bench
I guess their marketing team have decided it's cool name for the fans to call the team and they organisation are on board. I'm not, but at least it gives me something to whinge about as usually I'm whinging at the team by this time of the season. :D

The 'Wahs' sounds like an aussie thing.
Any connection to do with the Warriors being over Australia the past couple seasons?

Benek

Juniors
I think it's more a case of the club semi-officially adopting slang that some fans were already using. I don't actually hate it and can admit saying it a few times myself.

Matua

Bench
I think it's more a case of the club semi-officially adopting slang that some fans were already using. I don't actually hate it and can admit saying it a few times myself.
You're dead to me. JK.

But, what fans have been saying it? I haven't heard it before this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
So, I've been thinking about this more over the weekend (as I was annoyed there was no Warriors match) and I've been extremely cautious about getting excited about the Warriors this year, as I've been burnt too much in the past and the club's direction pre this year has annoyed me so much. But, I think I'm ready to believe - that we can at least make the finals, and maybe last a week or two.

Also, I discovered this week people are starting to call the Warriors the Wahs. I really don't like it.
I have an 09 jumper in my room at school and a parent pointed me out as a Wahs fan at parent teacher interviews last night. Usually that would've thrilled me, but it left me flat.

Not surprising that it's caught on, it's even used on their official social media. Honestly I don't care that much but I certainly don't like it. Does that become the Waaaaaahs if we start losing again?