What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Hour - 7:30pm Sydney

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
While reducing emissions is a good idea anyway, there is no way that our emissions, etc are changing the world.

I especially hate that flying is being singled out. Everyone who complains about planes/greenhouse emissions should take a f**king horse and cart or boat everywhere.

[furrycat]

Coach
Locky_Jr said:
they pollute the atmosphere and that is bad; this is a fact

And?
How is that related to my point of it not being linked to climate change conclusively?

Emissions are bad; but there is no where near enough evidence to say that man made global warming exists. You're judging it from the media.

pantherz9103

First Grade
You guys make me laugh. Most key experts now agree that climate change has been caused by greenhouse emissions and has been caused by man. Why should I take what anyone here says with anything more than a grain of salt? Forum nerds (rararara)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
A good major volcanic eruption will reduce global temperatures anyway.

Calm down.

[furrycat]

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
You guys make me laugh. Most key experts now agree that climate change has been caused by greenhouse emissions and has been caused by man. Why should I take what anyone here says with anything more than a grain of salt? Forum nerds (rararara)

Yes... most.
And the rest are disagreeing.
Until they can show evidence that convinces experts and can DIRECTLY link it, then you're an idiot who should go back into the hot woman thread and fap his heart out like you do.

Forum nerds... please... :roll: Best you can do?

bear56

Juniors
Locky_Jr said:
go for it Raider, I am going to turn my lights off and encourage others to do the same, you can do whatever you want, but if you or your children have to suffer as a result of the issues related to this, you will know that Locky_Jr did her part to try to ensure a better future for all whilst you just chose to continue to be an arse
What about the 500 live volcanoes pumping toxic gasses into the atmosphere every second?Are they good toxic gasses?Or is there somehow a difference between man made and natural toxins?Perhaps what is happening is only a natural cycle for our planet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The locky's have opposing views???!?!?!?!?!

:crazy: *head explodes*

Timmah

Staff member
:|

It's quite clear:

lockyno1 = against earth hour
locky jr = pro earth hour.

Hence - the locky's have opposing views!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Umm...Instead of turning your lights of for an hour, we should be encouraging the people out there to switch to renewable energy sources; to swicth to alternatively-fuelled cars; to not use styrofoam and CFC-emitting products...

Oh, and Earth Hour was the most idiotic concept ever.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Pure comedy gold.

I love you Phillips. Make babies with me.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Earth hour - an amazing concept, not quite as amazing as the channel 10 program a few weeks ago, whereby greenie hypocritical nutbags tell us to use energy to watch a tv program that tells us to stop using energy.

So everyone turns off their appliances for an hour. I ask you, how many appliances do people have running while they are asleep? And while those appliances are turned on, but not actually in use (ie - washing machine, dryer, microwave, kettle, tv, vcr, stereo et al) how much more energy are they actually using then when they are completely switched off?

The difference is sweet f**k all.

there's no point to turning everything off for an hour, if what Al Gore is telling the world has any substance, that we only have 10 years before armageddon on Earth.

If its really that close, don't you think we should be taking slightly more drastic measures than turning the fridge off for an hour? These idiots aren't thinking properly, they need to be working on a much bigger scale. Its not the residents in their homes using the majority of energy to run appliances. Its not the residents in their homes creating the majority of the pollution and carbon emissions either. It's businesses, industries, corporations etc.

The same greeny idiots who bitch and moan about carbon emissions, yet they drive cars to work, and use busses and taxis, which also create carbon emissions.

the same fools who think using a "Green safe" light bulb which uses less energy and creates a minimal amount less danger to the atmosphere than standard light bulbs, is actually going to make some form of difference. Here's a tip einstein's, even if it releases less carbon into the atmosphere than its predecessors, its still releasing carbon. morons.

I can't believe people have been buying this hyped up bullsh*t.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know of many people who have all their lights on 24 hours a day either.

Its pretty stupid to think that having them off for an extra hour will really make a difference, especially when its only Sydney doing it.

Lets have a look at 4 stupid ideas shall we:

1) Lets all face East and blow really hard, hopefully that will push us a little bit further away from New Zealand.

2) If we all spat on the ground in drought affected areas, then the drought will be gone and there will be green grass and lambs frollicking amongst the disies in the meadows.

3) All people in Sydney turn off their lights for an hour, which will actually make a difference to the amount of carbon emissions going into the atmosphere and if done regularly enough, will slow or halt the process of global warming.

4) We get a nice big exhaust fan and put it in the hole in the ozone layer, so that all the bad smog and pollution can be sent out into space.