What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day - Rd 12, Warriors v Bulldogs

nswarrior

Juniors
Really looking forward to this one. With the injuries, the last 3 games did feel a bit of a stretch although there was hope.

We are favourites for this one and should win if we play to our potential. In past years we have lost a few of these.

From what I have seen in the last 3 weeks, the team has a lot more resilience and toughness and I think we will win it.

Warriors 24-12

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I noticed the club was advertising a special 2003 retro jersey this week but they’re not wearing it- are the special strips just for fans these days? Not that I’m complaining.

Matua

Bench
I could’ve made it today but I don’t much like Accor and I’ve had a bastard of a week and just wasn’t up for it
Yeah a mate and I were weighing it up last week but a combo of Homebush and how pissed off we were by the officials put us off.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Mixed feelings.
Super happy to get the win but average performance in the 2nd half
Yeah second half was a bludge but I’ll take it. We never really looked like losing control of the match even when it was “all Bulldogs” according to the commentators

Bulldogs going wide early.

DWZ tackled in air. Nothing in it but can't touch them in air.

Burton hurt? Josh kicking a lot.

SJ kick traps dogs in goal with great a great chase.

SJ grubber through and Curran only one in the screen shot!

0-6 8mins.

AFB works over Dog trying to play the ball and penalised and start on our 40m.

Set restart as Volkman to long in tackle.

6 again as Warriors inside the 10m.

Dogs lose the ball reaching out for the try under Montoya attention.

Dogs lose ball in tackle on their 25m.

Dogs apparently didn't play at SJ grubber, still last, bomb to corner, taken back off Dogs arm on replay as Pompey challenge then Dogs tackled in goal.

Short dropout volleyballs back.

Harris got called for a forward pass to Bunty 10m out.

CNK takes 2nd Burton bomb special under pressure.

Dogs throw a rocket pass into own forward stomach on halfway.

Lots of attack and possession down their end for only 6 points.

Maloney kicks ball dead and 1 tackle we over halfway.

Shut the front door, to late AFB already through it again under the post.

Dogs rushing SJ.

0-12 26mins

Volkman misses change to have foot out and catch Dogs kickoff.

Mahoney thought he had a 40/20 but was 3m over when kicking.

Dogs penalised for to long in tackle, starting on our 40m (made 20m on kick).

Walker to long in tackle and Dogs start in our 35m.

Pompey with an intercept, run down, then next tackle down the middle by Ale, SJ chips ball pinpoint to DWZ sitting out wide unmarked.

0-18 35mins SJ nails sideline conversion and cant stop smiling.

Burton taken out there by Egan off chip and chase? Sponsor will be happy.

6 again Dogs inside the 10m.

1 pass to many and Montoya going out throws it back into dogs player.

Halftime. Biggest halftime lead in 2 years.

Egan pokes himself in the eye fending and hand bonuces back into his own face!

Montoya loses ball catching a bomb on our 20m that is taken out by dogs but rolls of Harris back.

CNK trapped in goal.

Short dropout, knocked back but Curran knocks it on.

Dogs go through to easy next to post.

Egan turned in for dummy runner.

6-18 47mins

Burton passes to DWZ after SJ shit up put of defense on halfway.

Harris stays down after tackling a player, Dogs take advantage. Knock on by Pompey diving at dogs pass on our 20m.

6 again as to long in ruck by AFB.

Then another next tackle.

AFB shoulder charge?

CNK takes ball dead.

Short dropout regathered!

Egan off with 22mins left.

Montoya break, SJ kicks again to DWZ on 1st and straight to Dogs winger.

SJ done for holding down.

Dogs stuff play the ball on our 25m.

Reynolds running a block play for his winger and hit by DWZ.

Reynolds strips at ball of CNK and Dogs denied a try and penalised.

Volkman scores off a poor dummy half pass to SJ, Volkman pick it up, chips ricochet, regather, steps and scores!

6-24 68mins.

Dogs short kickoff regathered by them.

Burton breaks through and throws ball forward out of back of hand 10m out.

CNK cramping up!

SJ penalised for strip.

Captains challenge.

Pangi let's ball go, no stripping action challenge successful.

Pompey loses ball in tackle on ground off the scrum. Captains challenge.

Thumb slips off ball constitutes knock on.

Cummings calling it a try after DWZ is taken out for bomb, Rocco can't gather bouncing ball. Dogs pass to player in front to score. Rocco knocks it on facing backwards. No try. Dogs scrum 10m out.

Dogs score, slowmo shows a bobble under Montoya tackle on ground but confirmed.

12-24 74 mins

DWZ tackled again after held on halfway.

Lussick pass to Nikora called forward 10m out.

How that ball not forward by Dogs centre?

Poor second half.

But take the win going into the bye.

Mixed feelings.
Super happy to get the win but average performance in the 2nd half
Yeah second half was a bludge but I’ll take it. We never really looked like losing control of the match even when it was “all Bulldogs” according to the commentators
Such a poor second half.
Attack looked clunky.
SJ picked it at halftime interview, saying last one of these we didn't come out at halftime.

I suspect Webster mentioned getting the week off back in Auckland after the poor bustards just spent a week on the Gold Coast. 😀

Blair

Coach
I've just gotten home from the stadium. These are the best scenes since 2011, there's no doubt about that, from what I saw.

When Poi E played after our fourth try the whole joint had wild scenes and it continued on into the western Sydney night. The train stations were just singing, dancing, and pure joy being a Warriors fan!

sup42

Juniors
Very pleased.

Expected trouble with our set moves using two number sevens and with SJ being such a ball hog in a good way.

Volkman needs more game time in the NRL, he has the potential to organize as we see him in the running for the player of the year in Cup footy.

Volkmans three kicks were all rush plays to him as after thoughts, he did well with hardly any time to first do a cross feild kick that pinned the Dogs in their ten, second a kick chase where he made the tackle inside the dogs ten, and that last urgency chip that he calmly gathered, one side step, stroll in to break the dogs comeback. At that stage the game was over really even though to their credit Bankstown did not stop fighting till the end.

Metcalf is on the comeback, Barnett, Jazz, this game could be the most important this year to date,.

We are in a very comfortable position in the NRL.

Seeing the Roosters flogged you wonder how we would have gone the last three games with NRL Reffs who were tasked with making it a fair contest for the Warriors, you wonder what could be if the NRL gave us tonight's quality of Reffing every week.

Grizzman

Juniors
I've done my 321's on the other thread but I thought I would add a couple of things here.

I've been a Pompey detractor but he has really improved this season. His defense looked solid last night (maybe because he trusted his outsides not to jam in - I'm looking at you DWZ).

Lussick has been a good improver too but he does have more than the odd forward pass in him.

Bunty disappointed last night. Looking forward to getting Mitchell back.

Walkers value as a bench player was highlighted with that delightful pass to AFB to score.

nswarrior

Juniors
We will need to play better to get results against Dolphins and Raiders.

Barnett and Ford returning soon and Tevaga and TeMare Martin retiring after that will give the team a huge boost.
There has been no news on Tevaga - he really lifts the energy when he comes if the bench. Something we missed yesterday

Rich102

Staff member
We will need to play better to get results against Dolphins and Raiders.

Barnett and Ford returning soon and Tevaga and TeMare Martin retiring after that will give the team a huge boost.
There has been no news on Tevaga - he really lifts the energy when he comes if the bench. Something we missed yesterday
Retiring or returning?