What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

eddiesmith

Juniors
As bad as this is, I cant wait untill they reach the clubs that are really in trouble which had Dank alot longer, they will really cop it. It hurts being the first club but shit happens

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Board just covering their arses so they don't get sued by the players.

Plain and simple. Easier to make scapegoats of four people and support the players than throw them to the wolves.

No doubt the NRL has dictated and threatened to step in, basically saying get a CEO or get the f**k out.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k this softcock giving in bullshit. Man up & stick by them.

I wish my club still existed. I'd take this shit over a merger any f**king day.

Ausguy

Coach
I just saw Steve mattai sniffing a bottle of smelling salts ....

Ban him surely he is on drugs... 2 years cmon

Ausguy

Coach
Board just covering their arses so they don't get sued by the players.

Plain and simple. Easier to make scapegoats of four people and support the players than throw them to the wolves.

No doubt the NRL has dictated and threatened to step in, basically saying get a CEO or get the f**k out.

Bad timing for Irvine to be overseas. Apparently it is shark related. Who knows.

Anyway yes a CEO is handy.

Time for a new physio Dr footy mgr and water boy. Move on shall we

Craigshark

First Grade
She should shutup, but as someone else said, it's worrying she is relaying her boyfriends thoughts and if
that's right, you can only imagine what all the other players are also thinking..

What would you expect the players to think.. It's a total witch hunt and somebody(s) who are the real culprits (ie ASADA, media vultures) should be the ones made to pay.

Again, is there one piece of evidence yet presented? One failed test? One tapped phone call? Come on, just one..

MightySharks

Bench
Shit yeah

Blessing in disguise.

How can the NRL essiantly taking over our club meaning we no longer control our own destiny be a good thing ?

They can do what they like with us now, we are fugged no sponsors, no money and a CEO forced upon us, after this board moves on relocation here we come.

I think this is game over.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe the sharks have been in the hands of NSWRL administrators in the past more than once with very similar financial issues.

And they're still here.

It's a temporary thing, get over this hump, support your team like never before, they'll regain control of it again in the future.

Weaponhead

Coach
How can the NRL essiantly taking over our club meaning we no longer control our own destiny be a good thing ?

They can do what they like with us now, we are fugged no sponsors, no money and a CEO forced upon us, after this board moves on relocation here we come.

I think this is game over.

The NRL can't afford for us to go down. They wouldn't invest resources now if they wanted us gone.

We have been run on a shoestring and it caught up with us. We'll be OK

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1983 went into administration and required a loan from the NSWRL
1993 forced into receivership

2013 - club is still here.

Administration isn't a sign of death, nor is it ever a bad thing. It could be exactly what was needed to get their finances sorted, on track and put them in a much stronger position in the future.

Quigs

Immortal
Now lets just see how the NRL rolls with the other 5 (and a bit more) clubs involved.

Or will the goalposts be moved a little bit more for the other clubs.

Me, I am not confident of that level playing field thingy.

Stinkler

Juniors
Now lets just see how the NRL rolls with the other 5 (and a bit more) clubs involved.

Or will the goalposts be moved a little bit more for the other clubs.

Me, I am not confident of that level playing field thingy.

The other clubs have had lawyers watching this unfold.
It won't happen to them.
Manly won't get smashed up, even though this Dank farker was there for 4 years.

We've been made the sacrificial lamb, because we are the easy target.
Imagine if they took on Gus Gould with this battle, you reckon he rolls over like we have?