What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
We obviously lose a lot without KP on the field... but at the same time, it doesn't seem like Armstrong is going to be the reason we lose matches either. He's giving a great account of himself today.
At least with Ponga out, there's still someone exciting in our team.

Woody90

Juniors
Definitely needed to score more points at the start to win this (understandable we couldn’t under the circumstances).

Impressed with the effort so far though.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Armstrong has been outstanding. I just wish he wa under a bit more pressure on the kicks and yardage cos we play the Warriors and Penrith in the next month or so and they will not give him this time on the ball. Not taking away from him.

Haffa

We obviously lose a lot without KP on the field... but at the same time, it doesn't seem like Armstrong is going to be the reason we lose matches either. He's giving a great account of himself today.
His movement and leadership behind the ruck in attack and defence is pretty good. Seems very vocal. Pryce is not going to take his spot on this form.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Armstrong has settled in extremely well.
Bit ambitious that last play, wasn’t what was needed, but almost made it work.

perverse

Referee
His movement and leadership behind the ruck in attack and defence is pretty good. Seems very vocal. Pryce is not going to take his spot on this form.
I mean if he keeps playing like this at NRL level, he's going to push a fullback out of first grade at another club very quickly. Did I hear that he's off to the ESL? He mightn't be there very long.

mozza91

Coach
I mean if he keeps playing like this at NRL level, he's going to push a fullback out of first grade at another club very quickly. Did I hear that he's off to the ESL? He mightn't be there very long.
I think we said no and want to keep him. I can see why.

slotmachine

First Grade
Having a go today. Looked good with the starting props playing strong and crap when they sat down.

Attack stinks, it's pretty much looking for an individual effort in good ball.

Nice debut for Armstrong so far, good on him

perverse

Referee
I think we said no and want to keep him. I can see why.
There'd have to be a spot in the outside backs for him somewhere. Surely he's a better option on the wing than that spud Jenkins already? Early days and he's got a lot to prove yet, but yeah promising start.

slotmachine

First Grade

He's off contract at the end of this season and wants a FB gig, so he won't be at the knights. Especially as they've extended Fletcher Sharpe as KPs preferred backup

mozza91

Coach
There'd have to be a spot in the outside backs for him somewhere. Surely he's a better option on the wing than that spud Jenkins already? Early days and he's got a lot to prove yet, but yeah promising start.
Definitely. I’d suggest a broomstick would be better than Jenkins but a human is probably the better option.

perverse

Referee
He's off contract at the end of this season and wants a FB gig, so he won't be at the knights. Especially as they've extended Fletcher Sharpe as KPs preferred backup
Interesting, well I wish him well where ever he ends up. As I said earlier, he'd have to be a better option for us than Jenkins and possibly even Enari on the wing in firsts for us already based on todays display. Maybe not as safe/reliable as Enari at this point, but certainly has some x-factor and speed about him.

Latest posts