What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutOofd

Juniors
Not a lot of linesmen follow that regime i believe, they like to compete more in good old pie-eating contests

OR maybe we're all wrong and those linesmen on the pics were wearing 20 cm thick padding all over their bodies which would make them even wussier

Jae

Juniors
If you knew the game I wouldn't have to tell you. And that #72 is Wayne Gandy and he's not that fat. He also runs a 5 second 40 yard dash at that size.

I've got a mate who can run the 40 yard dash in 6.2, god damn he's a fat ass though.

I think we're being a bit unfair to NFL, they're really not THAT fat it's just an illusion created by their tight gymnastics outfits. Put them in an NRL jersey and I'm sure their guts wouldn't be hanging over their colourful tights like that. Also, the camera adds 10 pounds remember.

Fat doesn't mean they are out of shape.

Talking about Karl Malone and his retirement on Jay Leno:
Jay Leno: "Karl's in great shape though!"
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Charles Barkley: "Me too. Round is a shape!"[/font]

MutOofd

Juniors
Jae said:
I've got a mate who can run the 40 yard dash in 6.2, god damn he's a fat ass though.

I think we're being a bit unfair to NFL, they're really not THAT fat it's just an illusion created by their tight gymnastics outfits. Put them in an NRL jersey and I'm sure their guts wouldn't be hanging over their colourful tights like that. Also, the camera adds 10 pounds remember.

Well i got to admit the fat doesnt affect them much in nfl since its about explosive runs and short dashes(it maybe even affects this in a positive way), but their weight certainly takes their stamina down, what they would in nrl so they are just not suited for nrl in their current bodyshape

aqua_duck

Coach
MutOofd said:
Well i got to admit the fat doesnt affect them much in nfl since its about explosive runs and short dashes(it maybe even affects this in a positive way), but their weight certainly takes their stamina down, what they would in nrl so they are just not suited for nrl in their current bodyshape
I agree and on the same token many, many league player's wouldn't be able to play NFL because they're too small and they're endurance athletes.
Its like comapring shot putters and marathon runners.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
and after all of this their still fat :lol:

And after all this the'd still be able to play a league a league match as the length of a league match isn't but a half a full on practice session.

TooheysNew

Coach
Do you have a stutter in your typing fingers?

That post made no sense at all - you are just scribbling with your tongue...

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
What regiment?

your used to?

What the f**k are you on about?

Regimental Football players.... LOL

But, based on what you were trying to say...

Irrelevant to the game itself. If they had to prepare for an NRL game they wouldn't do the same training.

The facts remain, as stated numerous times that NFL players play 30 minutes in 210 and NRL players play 60 - 80 minutes in 90.

Greater stamina, NRL be thy name.

It's actually more than 30 minutes from both sides of the ball by the very fact that there are two clocks used in football. I won't even attempt to explain that lil factoid to yuh as it's sure to go over your room temp IQ head.

Your greater stamina claim doesn't hold water by the very fact that league players DO NOT confront each other on a one-on-one basis on every play like in football. End of story. It's just not how the league game is played. They don't train for it. They don't train for blocking, constant scrum action or constant sprinting in the forward passing game etc....

Translation - the break in action after each tackle in football is no different than the 80% of the players on the league field after each tackle in league. But the constant physical nature of football is lost on you. Your so short sighted in thinking that running/jogging in league somehow equates to better fitness than the physical nature of football. I've never heard anyone question the fitness of heavyweight Olympic wrestlers because of their size - well, the endurance training for NFL is on par with those freaks, just less running. And most every athlete runs less than wrestlers.

You've proven yourself unworthy and worthless in debate. Your not worth the time anymore as you ignore posts and flame away and play the stupid child's game of how I don't answer, come back with a blah blahblahblah :lol: more blah and the most unoriginal comebacks I've seen since grade screwl.

All you'll get from me anymore is what an 18 year old kid is told in football when he screws up; grow up and get over it. But I'm sure your used to watching 18 year old kids on the league level play with the league men.

ozhawk66

Juniors
JW said:
Matt Dunning would be a massive coup for the NFL. He's a fine athletic specimen and i'm certain he'd meet Ozdork's strict fitness standards. The added bonus is that he currently plays Union, where doing nothing is encouraged. He also has a gut.
What do you reckon Ozdork? Don't cream yourself mate, I know talents like this are hard to find...

Like a lot of league players, he would get hurt.

ozhawk66

Juniors
MutOofd said:
Not a lot of linesmen follow that regime i believe, they like to compete more in good old pie-eating contests

OR maybe we're all wrong and those linesmen on the pics were wearing 20 cm thick padding all over their bodies which would make them even wussier

And I get accused of stupid responses. This assumption of yours isn't even part of reality.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Dilmah said:
Do you have a stutter in your typing fingers?

That post made no sense at all - you are just scribbling with your tongue...

I's nots two's concerns abouts grammur in a place lik dis.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ozhawk66 said:
I's nots two's concerns abouts grammur in a place lik dis.

or common sense and logic, for that matter

but don't let that stop your trolling for bites

ozhawk66

Juniors
Twizzle said:
or common sense and logic, for that matter

but don't let that stop your trolling for bites

Geez. Nice place when a moderator flames instead of debating. You just accused me of what your guilty of. Nice moderation.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Dilmah said:
Why does him being a moderator mean he can't get involved? I'm admin and I still think your an idiot.

Flaming is different than being "involved". And if you think I'm an idiot, then it should be that much easier to prove it so through debate instead of flaming.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Getting back to the topic,
I fail to see how you can even compare our great game with this over-dramatised, over-choreographed Yankee crap. Not to mention, I especially fail to see how you can compare our fine young atheletes to these over-fed, drugged-up, STD-ridden American w*nkers!

Pantherjim.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
Getting back to the topic,
I fail to see how you can even compare our great game with this over-dramatised, over-choreographed Yankee crap. Not to mention, I especially fail to see how you can compare our fine young atheletes to these over-fed, drugged-up, STD-ridden American w*nkers! Pantherjim.

:-({|=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts