What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 v Dolphins

Kilkenny

Coach
Classic Kilkenny always so grumpy
It will come. We’re way over reacting. Tago has been really good thus far in my opinion, maybe he needs to work on setting up his winger more, I don’t know but defensively and offensively he has been terrific in my opinion.
Mate, the constant bagging of certain players is tiring and in some most instances undeserved. Luke, Peachy, Salmon there are others.

My quote above was a response defending Tago from the flack he was getting around the knights game in round 7. Not grumpy then, not grumpy now. I was being positive and defending Tago against the criticism he was copping on here. Fast forward to the present.

There are times when criticism of players is appropriate and fans are entitled to express their views as opinions. My example using Tago is entirely valid, some of the comments from yourself, Lamback and others were stupid and have been proven so. If Tago had of been guilty of not passing, hogging the ball over the course of a season or two well your criticism would probably of been justified. But it was a handful of incidents over a couple of games.

Turuva appears to be heading for a similar fate, hopefully he can score a heap of tries in the coming weeks and avoid further unnecessary criticism because he has been terrific this season in doing the job required if him.

Iamback

Coach
Mate, the constant bagging of certain players is tiring and in some most instances undeserved. Luke, Peachy, Salmon there are others.

My quote above was a response defending Tago from the flack he was getting around the knights game in round 7. Not grumpy then, not grumpy now. I was being positive and defending Tago against the criticism he was copping on here. Fast forward to the present.

There are times when criticism of players is appropriate and fans are entitled to express their views as opinions. My example using Tago is entirely valid, some of the comments from yourself, Lamback and others were stupid and have been proven so. If Tago had of been guilty of not passing, hogging the ball over the course of a season or two well your criticism would probably of been justified. But it was a handful of incidents over a couple of games.

Turuva appears to be heading for a similar fate, hopefully he can score a heap of tries in the coming weeks and avoid further unnecessary criticism because he has been terrific this season in doing the job required if him.

Because people call it as it is at that point in time, Take Turuva he is 20 in his 1st year of FG.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the complete player, Nothing wrong with calling it as such

WestyLife

First Grade

If a player is better in round 20 compared to round 5 the criticism in round 5 is perfectly valid. Future form isn't an indication of past form.

Kilkenny

Coach
If a player is better in round 20 compared to round 5 the criticism in round 5 is perfectly valid. Future form isn't an indication of past form.
Totally miss the point.

Why was there really a need to criticise Tago at all.

As I pointed out in a positive way at the time, he was generally playing really well. Any missed opportunities in attack were just unfortunate not flaws in his game.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Yep very young still. Tago is carving up on the right, maybe he can't pass on the left.

This is all part of players developing
Maybe you should have made positive comments about Tago similar to the above at the time rather than calling him a ball hog and other derogatory remarks. That’s what I did at the time, I defended Tago, it was obvious the instances where he didn’t pass just things that happen and not flaws in his game.

WestyLife

First Grade
Totally miss the point.

Why was there really a need to criticise Tago at all.

As I pointed out in a positive way at the time, he was generally playing really well. Any missed opportunities in attack were just unfortunate not flaws in his game.

Because people are just saying what they see. It makes sense you love the club and that upsets you because it's not always positive.

Iamback

Coach
Maybe you should have made positive comments about Tago similar to the above at the time rather than calling him a ball hog and other derogatory remarks. That’s what I did at the time, I defended Tago, it was obvious the instances where he didn’t pass just things that happen and not flaws in his game.

Wanting him to replace Kikau isn't talking positive?

Iamback

Coach
Because people are just saying what they see. It makes sense you love the club and that upsets you because it's not always positive.

Correct.

We were looking at having Turuva in NSW Cup this year, Moving Tago was an easy fix.

So it was a discussion

Latest posts