What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 v Dolphins

WestyLife

First Grade
2020. Tago played backrow in SG Ball
2021. Tago played a bit of both but came into FG as a bench forward.

Why in 2022 would we not be commenting on what is needed to improve centre play? Particularly as we were losing our most destructive backrower

Pretty much. The guy is developing in the position and getting better all the time. One of the strongest ball runners at the moment for backs.

Iamback

Coach
Pretty much. The guy is developing in the position and getting better all the time. One of the strongest ball runners at the moment for backs.

Yep and those traits work in the backrow too should he end up there

Gus
Bloke on the Bar

Have still mentioned him going to the backrow at some stage. So it isn't like it was said as an insult

Both have mentioned passing can be suspect, hopefully he develops that further if he is going to stay as a cen

betcats

Referee
Yep and those traits work in the backrow too should he end up there

Gus
Bloke on the Bar

Have still mentioned him going to the backrow at some stage. So it isn't like it was said as an insult

Both have mentioned passing can be suspect, hopefully he develops that further if he is going to stay as a cen

When did Gus say his passing is suspect? Im sure that is made up, I heard him talking about Tago playing backrow there was nothing about his passing mentioned. Bloke in a bar I have seen some stuff about tago mostly just talking him up, id be surprised if they said his passing was suspect.

Tago isnt moving this season or next season and possibly not ever. His passing is fine. A few times earlier in the year he didnt pass to Turuva for half chances and you and chins are talking about his passing all year long, fact is the way turuva finishes id only want tago passing to him for obvious chances anyway, he had no problem gift wrapping tries for his winger on the weekend.

WestyLife

First Grade
When did Gus say his passing is suspect? Im sure that is made up, I heard him talking about Tago playing backrow there was nothing about his passing mentioned. Bloke in a bar I have seen some stuff about tago mostly just talking him up, id be surprised if they said his passing was suspect.

Tago isnt moving this season or next season and possibly not ever. His passing is fine. A few times earlier in the year he didnt pass to Turuva for half chances and you and chins are talking about his passing all year long, fact is the way turuva finishes id only want tago passing to him for obvious chances anyway, he had no problem gift wrapping tries for his winger on the weekend.

I've never heard it mentioned outside fans and I'm online looking at football talk to an unhealthy degree.

Iamback

Coach

Early in the year he had issues. One of the podcasts I think after the Manly game.

Then had 6 weeks off with the pec, Comes back on the right and is better at passing. Maybe he is a right side player instead again it is all part of young guys developing

RL Guru is always talking him up but mentioning passing is an issue. 11.20 into this week while talking him up. 'Great grubber, ok passing, great tip on. Sums him up

So McLean is no chance to come in to FG and carve up?

He does that and Turuva continues to develop then why could Tago not go to the backrow?

Kilkenny

Coach
Just in the game itself, I thought it was a really decent win.

Obviously, the sin bin of Cogger turned momentum, and for a period they enjoyed most of the field possession, got there noses in front so to come back and get the win was pleasing. Good two points.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just me i guess, must be a character flaw, I generally endeavour to talk our players up.

I am the same Kilkenny.

I believe there is no wrong or right in this:

and in my opinion it's not a character flaw. Probably because I have it also. :p

We need all types.......not just a 'flag waver' (as I was once called, quite nastily). Or the person who finds fault.......Both types, and everyone inbetween is needed.

Kilkenny

Coach
It makes for more lively discussion, it does get a bit over the top both ways sometimes though.
Fan forums by there very nature tend to be negative more than positive.

During the early part of this season the narrative was very negative, opinions suggested our attack was far from where it should be, we lost a few games by a point or so, but here we are in Round 20 or so sitting equal leader.

I think, my opinion only, given the short preseason post WC, loss of key players from our 2022 roster, we have exceeded all expectations.

I‘m really happy we are in the position we are, at the very least giving ourselves an opportunity to compete for a third premiership.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't see how anyones method for evaluating NRL players could be construed as a character flaw. Flawed way of evaluating NRL players, maybe.
Not sure whether your comments are in reference to a previous post of mine but I stand by comments in so much as I think the players who were our guernsey deserve our backing and support. The current debate around say the likes of Soni Luke as one example i would love to see him develop and succeed rather than others who have suggest he is a failure and doomed experiment. The win against the Dolphins was in part as a result of Soni Luke who played a part in both tries which led to our Win, probably not considered try assists but he certainly contributed to the win.

soc123_au

Staff member
Fan forums by there very nature tend to be negative more than positive.

During the early part of this season the narrative was very negative, opinions suggested our attack was far from where it should be, we lost a few games by a point or so, but here we are in Round 20 or so sitting equal leader.

I think, my opinion only, given the short preseason post WC, loss of key players from our 2022 roster, we have exceeded all expectations.

I‘m really happy we are in the position we are, at the very least giving ourselves an opportunity to compete for a third premiership.
It's funny, I think those perceived as being negative cop it even when they are being positive, it's like seeing the posters name sets the tone of the post before it's even been read. It goes the other way too, but not as much.

I enjoy reading the majority of posts either way, even when the slagging off gets on the edge of needing moderation. much better than a ghost town. Pretty much everyone on here is passionate about the Panthers and just wants what is best for the team, which is what makes it great.

soc123_au

Staff member
Not sure whether your comments are in reference to a previous post of mine but I stand by comments in so much as I think the players who were our guernsey deserve our backing and support. The current debate around say the likes of Soni Luke as one example i would love to see him develop and succeed rather than others who have suggest he is a failure and doomed experiment. The win against the Dolphins was in part as a result of Soni Luke who played a part in both tries which led to our Win, probably not considered try assists but he certainly contributed to the win.
I don't think a single poster on here wants Soni to fail, quite the opposite in fact. Calling out a players faults doesn't equal hoping for failure.

age.s

First Grade
Not a reference to your post. Alice just used the term "character flaw", which kind of hit at a general blurring of the lines between footy opinions and personal jabs which seem to come from both directions at times and pretty seriously shit up the forum for those just interested in talking footy.