What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

WestyLife

First Grade
Of course rep players is a part of being good but at this stage I don’t think we need it, sure Spencer would likely see some benefits from playing origin but selfishly a part of me would be happy for all our boys to miss out through selector stupidity. Origins such a drain on a team with 4,5 or 6 players and it would give our boys a chip on their shoulders to play with. And plenty of great players never got harderned in origin. Look at fish and leota. Test footy would have benefits but it’s rarely near the intensity of origin.

We don't need it now but we did to get here. That's why I said you can't turn it off because in year 4 we just want our hardened rep squad to stay in club land this time around. It'd be nice but not how it works.

Iamback

Coach
Gotta see the 17 but already this looks a tough ask.

NQ is always a hard road trip. The Cows will be fresh off the bye. They will lose potentially Taulagi and certainly Cotter to Origin. But there is a good chance Taumalolo will return.

Next week is even harder

Iamback

Coach
The cowboys could have 3 or 4 in the qld team we are a big chance of getting the win

It isn't pure numbers.

They lose a winger, Centre and prop. Should be able to still have some strike power.

As opposed to running out with a spine of

Edwards
Salmon
Cogger
Kenny.

Eisenhuth replacing Yeo who our attack runs through.

Defensively we will be strong, If Crichton makes it who even goal kicks? Let alone gets our points

Fangs

Coach
Still have to see our 17 but its definately getting a bit more even. Potentially 5 Cowboys in the Origin team.

Taumalolo will be very important to them this week.

murraymob

Coach
It isn't pure numbers.

They lose a winger, Centre and prop. Should be able to still have some strike power.

As opposed to running out with a spine of

Edwards
Salmon
Cogger
Kenny.

Eisenhuth replacing Yeo who our attack runs through.

Defensively we will be strong, If Crichton makes it who even goal kicks? Let alone gets our points
The players they lost are pretty handy as well a lot of there strike players out wide where they love to attack cotter is a huge lose for them tidies up the center in defence big work rate

Sime_11

Juniors
i think we should be winning tbh - their outs for QLD makes it an easier task

we've got quality to get the job done

Alintheeast

Juniors
At least the weather might help us no rain high of 27 during day probably be 24 by game time. Might have to run Taumolo around a bit. Reece goes Blue still have Glanvile who has had good games against us.

Iamback

Coach
Apparently Reece Robson is in for the Blues too. So that's 5.

Will be a very valuable 2 points if we can get it done.

We need to get 2 wins and the bye during this period

Cows
Knights
Storm
Bye
Dolphins

If Nathan is back for Dolphins game that makes that an even money game ( assuming the Origin guys don't back up )

Big Mick

Referee
We need to get 2 wins and the bye during this period

Cows
Knights
Storm
Bye
Dolphins

If Nathan is back for Dolphins game that makes that an even money game ( assuming the Origin guys don't back up )
If we are fair dinkum - we win at least 3/4 here. Only iffy one is the Storm game.

Cow's shouldn't be an excuse when they have players out too. I know ours are more important but we should still out-grind them imo.

Then Knights/Dolphins I don't see how we should lose even with Cogger at half - assuming no further injury problems.

Flashstep

Juniors
Cowboys have been awful for most of the year but recently I think they’ve turned a corner. They just smashed Melbourne and have an outside chance at the 8 with their schedule and teams being very close to each other on the ladder. I think it’ll be a much harder game then the Roosters for example.

Cowboys have been awful for most of the year but recently I think they’ve turned a corner. They just smashed Melbourne and have an outside chance at the 8 with their schedule and teams being very close to each other on the ladder. I think it’ll be a much harder game then the Roosters for example.
They will have more creativity in the halves than we will. I also don’t see Nanai being out as a huge loss; while he is a very good player, that is a position they are stacked in.

Up to the boys in the middle to grind us to victory.

Iamback

Coach
If we are fair dinkum - we win at least 3/4 here. Only iffy one is the Storm game.

Cow's shouldn't be an excuse when they have players out too. I know ours are more important but we should still out-grind them imo.

Then Knights/Dolphins I don't see how we should lose even with Cogger at half - assuming no further injury problems.

Cogger isn't the issue. Salmon at 6 and whether he can play 80 and create tries.

Hopefully Crichton is available. He helps add some attack

maple_69

Bench
I hope Cleary gives Smith the lock role. Eisenhuth was great this year but Smith will be in our side for years to come and has a nice set of mits. His pass on the To’o try was phenomenal.

Could be a dour game if we dominate possession and territory as you’d expect and then hand the ball to Edwards/Salmon/Cogger/Kenny to use it. Would be keen to see Cole at 6 but unlikely given we sent Salmon back for some time there last week.

Latest posts