What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17 2024: 530pm Eels v Knights GAME DAY THREAD @ MJ Stadium June 29th

Gronk

Staff member
Serious question, and Barrett even confirmed in the presser that Blaize is playing out of position....

What is Blaize's actual position? Because I can see one... If he's not a winger, then I don't see a centre, or a half or a fullback's qualities in him (yet).

He's been moved around positions in Cup... they need to work out what position Blaize is, and let him get good at that position in Cup for the remainder of the season - with the occasional taste of NRL to see what it's like to play against the top talen, and then go back down and build on his learnings.

Promote Harper and shift Russell back to wing for the rest of this season, it'd be no worse - and Blaize is then ready for whatever role he might play for us next season - if he signs a contract..
Does it matter? People argue on here all week that it time to blood the young guys, cos it’s all about 2025. Yet when they don’t do great, they are hopeless. Blaize is hardly going to play 1 or 6 last night. He was hardly going to defend better than Russell. So do you play him or put Cini on the wing ? I think the sensible answer was what we did.

Does it matter? People argue on here all week that it time to blood the young guys, cos it’s all about 2025. Yet when they don’t do great, they are hopeless. Blaize is hardly going to play 1 or 6 last night. He was hardly going to defend better than Russell. So do you play him or put Cini on the wing ? I think the sensible answer was what we did.
I just can't see an NRL future for him, unless they work out what they think he'll be (e.g. fullback or centre/half) and train Blaize in the skills needed (e.g. catching a ball or defence). I want the kid to be a success, but he's being exposed and potentially ruined, and it's not worth it this year. (And we don't even know he's signing for next season).

As I said, from next week I'd put Harper back at centre and Russell back on the wing. They won't leak any more than Blaize does, and that combo hasn't had much of a chance this year to show what it can do in attack with a fit Moses/no Lussick handbrake in the side.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Said nobody ever. Not one person in this entire thread defended the team or the club.

I'm staying possitive and resting my hope on our juniors and being able to try and move a few forwards on. I'm just hoping they aren't overhyped just like Russel was for example.

lingard

Coach
I know this forum has gone into it’s usual meltdown after a loss, the whole team needs to be sacked etc, but FFS we lost by a few points on the back of two 90m tries by Best against the run of play and there were two absolute bunker clangers against us.

Anyway yesterday’s fish n chip paper. The ultimate difference last night was that their 2, 3, 4 & 5 were superior and outplayed us. That’s no news flash, cos everyone knows that we have no backs.

I don’t think that Sivo was that bad last night.

Blaize is out of position and still very young.

Russell is a good squad player. Not a starter in a good side.

Penisni had a shocker, but he is still only 21.
Out of curiosity? what do you think Blaize's position is?

Wally21

Bench
Having calmed down form yesterday;
- thought Matt Arthur was serviceable for his first game in NRL, not world beating but saw enough to suggest he might kick on
- still can’t see it with Blaize. As a few have said, what is his position? Cant hide him in defence in the modern game and he is not fast by any measure
- Penisini is a dumb footballer. Definition of rocks and diamonds
- unpopular opinion but I thought Lane was the least of our problems in the forwards last night, that’s how big the problems are
- Paulo is done. There is no way we can keep him to see out the last 2 years of his contract.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I called it that our season was over when Moses got injured in Round 3.

The stark reality now is that these mentally piss weak merkins have f**k all to play for now.

At least I got on early and got us at $19 to get the Spoon.

I remember that.

I remember agreeing with your assessment.

And I remember people referring to Chicken Little, when referencing your sentiments.

Well, where are those people now?

This club is rotten.

JokerEel

Coach
I just can't see an NRL future for him, unless they work out what they think he'll be (e.g. fullback or centre/half) and train Blaize in the skills needed (e.g. catching a ball or defence). I want the kid to be a success, but he's being exposed and potentially ruined, and it's not worth it this year. (And we don't even know he's signing for next season).

As I said, from next week I'd put Harper back at centre and Russell back on the wing. They won't leak any more than Blaize does, and that combo hasn't had much of a chance this year to show what it can do in attack with a fit Moses/no Lussick handbrake in the side.

Well most smart clubs keep their juniors in CUP and Flegg developing a position like the merkin at the Storm at fullback and they come into first grade most of the time at that position they have been playing in the lower grades..

If Blaizes ultimate position is to be fullback he should have been in CUP all this year at fullback not playing multiple positions in first grade...

They did the same with JA played well in his first grade debut but he should not have seen first grade again until our halves were injured not put on the bench in case....

This club has no idea how to develop

Eelementary

Post Whore
Still here making excuses and dribbling shit.

The excuses are becoming increasingly more unpalatable.

This club is rotten to the core.

Who is worth keeping?

Moses, obviously.

Gutho, despite being on his last legs, at least still puts in.

Penisini is young, so he gets a benefit of the doubt from me - ditto Brown.

Joffa always puts in.

And then everyone else, who can go and get f**ked.

Latest posts