What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Fangs

Coach
We really don't have a choice with JFH he must play. Considering the injuries we already have in the forwards. The Warriors will walk through us just like the Tigers did without him.

Iamback

Coach
We really don't have a choice with JFH he must play. Considering the injuries we already have in the forwards. The Warriors will walk through us just like the Tigers did without him.

Put Sorensen back in his role.

fixes that

Yep. It allows the middle to hold their ground better and who knows maybe Garner has a good couple of weeks and makes it
Hard for Ivan when Martin is fit
True. We have missed Sorro's impact especially last week without Spencer
14 Luke
15 Sorenson
16 Smith
17 Henry/Salmon

Munky

Coach
It's an interesting sliding doors moment with Hook being shown the door in 2018.

Would the team still have taken off in 2020 with him at the helm?

He couldn't get past week two of the finals with us but did make a prelim with Brisbane in 2011. The 2011 Broncos were a pretty good side but Lockyer broke his jaw during the finals and missed the prelim.

I think he's an ordinary coach and would have struggled big time with the Mt Druitt boys.

Black Diamond

Juniors
It's an interesting sliding doors moment with Hook being shown the door in 2018.

Would the team still have taken off in 2020 with him at the helm?

He couldn't get past week two of the finals with us but did make a prelim with Brisbane in 2011. The 2011 Broncos were a pretty good side but Lockyer broke his jaw during the finals and missed the prelim.

I think he's an ordinary coach and would have struggled big time with the Mt Druitt boys.
We would have lost a heap of players if he stayed, I was devo when Moylan left and that was due to Hook. Wonder how Moylans career would have went if he remained a Panther? However, in retrospect, he was full.of his own importance and out of control so ultimately was the best thing for club even though I didn't think so at the time.

age.s

First Grade
I'm a bit torn on Hook.

The one metric in his favor is that several players who left played by far their best footy here. Moylan has improved recently but his best footy by far was here under Hook, ditto Cartwright. DWZ and Blake were borderline rep level players here and almost instantly became memes upon leaving. Even King Katoa looked like a decent hooker under him. That phenomena isn't as pronounced with those that left under Ivan.

On the flip side Hook hasn't really done much with the Dragons, albeit in a difficult environment. For some reason I find it hard to imagine guys like Nath and Yeo developing the kind of finnesse they now have under him either.

Not complaing mind you. The last 3 years have been magical.