What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No it isn't. Looking good whilst losing never won a comp yet. Winning is more important.

Exactly. That original comment about it mattering 'how you win' reeks of an old fable 'the emperors new clothes'

Nothing matters except winning the 2 points.......How that is achieved doesn't really matter in the end.

The 2 points is what it's all about.

Nothing else is important.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I deadset think its the reason why people think he is down on form. Top 5 run metres in the competition. And in terms of wingers no one is making more metres than him.

The other reason being that teams are kicking away from him.

Yeah post contact are still high, We need to get him more involved

Iamback

Coach
I've been very lenient on Cleary because I know he is playing injured but we need a result this weekend.

Origin needs to be an after thought for him as we need to win games right now. As it stands I doubt he even plays 3 games for NSW as he is playing within himself with the boot and he will probably take time by June.

I haven't.

Anyone not named Edwards needs to lift.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He looked ok early on last week then dropped the ball and had no field position.

It is why I can't blame a single player,

Every week we have 16 guys either play 5/10 or 6/10

Then Edwards is always an 9/10.

The rest especially the senior guys need to lift across the board
When was the last game Luai was the best player on the field? He can be that every few weeks

WestyLife

First Grade
No it isn't. Looking good whilst losing never won a comp yet. Winning is more important.

Who said anything about losing?

Exactly. That original comment about it mattering 'how you win' reeks of an old fable 'the emperors new clothes'

Nothing matters except winning the 2 points.......How that is achieved doesn't really matter in the end.

The 2 points is what it's all about.

Nothing else is important.

You people are actually insane.

WestyLife

First Grade
If I could ask the football gods just 1 thing it'd be to see Luai rip and tear. When he's on he's genuinely a top 10 nrl half. Give me my world Cup Luai back thanks for listening to my ted talk.

age.s

First Grade
Itd be nice to come out with the attack firing, combinations clicking, Luai looking like Kikau was in his shadow again and put the Warriors to the sword. Realistically though, this is still a team with several injuries, some cup level players, guys coming back after time out or playing with niggles. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we showed a high level of fluency and would be more than happy to grind one out on the back of defense.

Last week stung us as supporters, it would have been much, much worse for the playing group. How they bounce back will say a lot about them.

WestyLife

First Grade
Itd be nice to come out with the attack firing, combinations clicking, Luai looking like Kikau was in his shadow again and put the Warriors to the sword. Realistically though, this is still a team with several injuries, some cup level players, guys coming back after time out or playing with niggles. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we showed a high level of fluency and would be more than happy to grind one out on the back of defense.

Last week stung us as supporters, it would have been much, much worse for the playing group. How they bounce back will say a lot about them.

Very well said.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We lose 3 games in a row and that's our season... origin to come.. the injuries that come with that and we lack depth. Our nsw cup is playing shit house... so many on here thought they'd carve up but they've been horrible all year so no pressure on the top squad.

Honestly think if we lose on the weekend that'll be our season. We might make the 8 but I just think it'll be too hard with origin and more injuries..

We really need to have a top 4 spot locked up to be a chance this year.. if we can finish 3-4 and jag a win in week one we'd be a chance... but there's a he'll of a lot that needs to go right a click between now and than.

Luai, Nathan, Kenny and Luke simply need to make it happen this week.
Geezzz one of the best thing about the last three seasons is that we have to read comments like this.

Everyone wants to say we are the best strongest club, but no one wants embrace a little adversity.

The great teams ride out patches like this come out the other side stronger. Elite players rise when they are up against it and we are stacked with elite players.

Just strap in and enjoy the ride mate. It will make the victory even sweeter

Iamback

Coach
When was the last game Luai was the best player on the field? He can be that every few weeks

Well when is the last time he has had the same left edge for a few weeks in a row?

He will get used to playing with Sorensen and then Martin will come and run different lines and so on.

We mentioned Tago bombing tries, Last week Turuva scores and he has 2 try assists in the 1st 20 mins.

Currently the side across the board is 20% off and aren't finishing off tries like they should.

Iamback

Coach

I don't think we will put many sides to the sword but just something slightly better in attack and hold the ball is enough

Iamback

Coach
If I could ask the football gods just 1 thing it'd be to see Luai rip and tear. When he's on he's genuinely a top 10 nrl half. Give me my world Cup Luai back thanks for listening to my ted talk.

The effort has been there, That is all I want. Combinations and better ball handling will come

WestyLife

First Grade
The effort has been there, That is all I want. Combinations and better ball handling will come

I agree with you. Some things have to get a move on though if we want to be competing for the competition. Our rep players have to start hitting their stride in the face of adversity.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Well when is the last time he has had the same left edge for a few weeks in a row?

He will get used to playing with Sorensen and then Martin will come and run different lines and so on.

We mentioned Tago bombing tries, Last week Turuva scores and he has 2 try assists in the 1st 20 mins.

Currently the side across the board is 20% off and aren't finishing off tries like they should.
Enough with the excuses for him.

Iamback

Coach
Enough with the excuses for him.

It is true though.

He is getting involved. Is it his fault players are dropping passes with the line open?

Looking at the Errors

Cleary 12
Luai 11
Tago 10

How many of Tago's 10 has been from good work from Luai inside?

Or he is getting no space?

Growing pains were going to happen. As long as I see effort from the senior guys then I am confident it gets turned around

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I agree with you. Some things have to get a move on though if we want to be competing for the competition. Our rep players have to start hitting their stride in the face of adversity.

Take the 2 bombed tries last week, We win. Despite having no possession and a stack of injuries.

That would then flow into our State of Origin halves getting us home conversation

That would of been a try to Cleary
2 TA's to Luai

Yet 2 handling errors suddenly makes a difference.

Every game we have lost has been similar. We cut out those and we are where we should be

Having very ordinary depth hasn't helped either but that is something that can't be helped