What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Roosters

age.s

First Grade
I think its fair to speculate that there's a lot of potential improvement in Kenny. He's hard working, physical and very tough for his size which is similar to the best you could say about Edwards in the first few years. Thats not the worst place to start as learning the technicalities of a position can come with enough exposure and perseverance.

The thing is the rapid improvement we've seen in Edwards is pretty remarkable. There haven't been many instances of a guy going from barely NRL standard to among the best in their position within a couple of years. I wouldn't bet on Kenny doing the same, but you never know. It'd reflect incredibly on our development systems if we could make that kind of lightning strike twice.

The Teach

Juniors
A mate who supports the Goosters messaged me before the game, asking if he should bet on them 1-12 or 13+....told him to keep dreaming. By half-time he messaged me saying he turned it off, so I politely messaged him the score at full-time. He's not a happy camper, and even better...I'll be wearing my jersey to a BBQ today which he will be attending 😜😜😜😜

Iamback

Coach
Played his best footy ever in the 2nd row... and that was for Australia...

I'm still waiting on who replaces him in the backrow if soro leaves next year....

Garners shit
Geyers barely nsw cup
Lisati is prop
Salmon not a starter
Hassett 2 years off

Who plays 2nd row next year.

And don't come at me with the tago bs. It's just not gunna happen.. not for 4-5 years

Who replaces Spencer out of that list?

Black Diamond

Juniors
A mate who supports the Goosters messaged me before the game, asking if he should bet on them 1-12 or 13+....told him to keep dreaming. By half-time he messaged me saying he turned it off, so I politely messaged him the score at full-time. He's not a happy camper, and even better...I'll be wearing my jersey to a BBQ today which he will be attending 😜😜😜😜
Had a similar experience. Got a couple Rorters mates who all turned off at half time. I was diligent in updating them with full time score 🤣

snickers007

Juniors
Kenny could do that. Right now he needs good communication and to follow his halves. When he got lost last night he looked a little confused which half to give it to but after that bad play he threw some beautiful balls as well showing if he's committed to a play early he can do it. Still he won't turn into api like how Edwards is surpassing Tedesco.

My favourite play of Kenny's last night was in the play for Peachey's first try. Just before Luai split them open, Kenny realised he was standing in the defensive line.

Before Luai accelerated through, Kenny ran 5-6 metres into the backfield to avoid being pinged fro obstruction.

With 90sec before half time, you could excuse him for standing there hands on hips sucking them in. But he made an active effort to eliminate the possibility of a penalty, which resulted in a try.

Great game awareness.

maple_69

Bench
Just rewatched the mini. We absolutely destroyed them with physicality in the opening 30 and they crumbled from there. It takes one hell of a team to mentally stay in it when Penrith open with that and then follow up with the bench we have. Put that intensity out each week and we will probably be there first Sunday of October even if our attack is a bit broken.

Anitger cool thing I noticed re the bizarre To’o try of a Yeo kick. While Yeo was looking around like a stunned mullet; Luai was screaming and pointing across the field. The one try on the right was Luai’s as well. People think he’s a one trick pony but the guy has vision and skills to play a much bigger role than the one we ask of him in our structure. We need to harness it somehow and get him over on the right more often or at first receiver.

Bob

Juniors
Maybe I’m exhausted from gym and not enough oxygen in the brain but I think Kenny can have a rise like Edwards (not to the same extent) but remember how average Edwards was between 2017-2019 and there was even talks in the fan community that he was the weak link at Fullback during 2020 and early 2021.

As long as Kenny keeps working hard and trying to improve every week at training and in games - in a year or two, Panthers fans might be like “Kenny is a decent serviceable hardworking key player - remember when we wanted him possibly dropped?”.

Of course he might not improve much from now either - but he did show signs he can be much improved after that performance vs. Roosters.
I agree Kenny tries hard but he doesn't have the smarts for a spine position, he's a tacklebot, nothing more , nothing less, he can't bring players onto the ball like ALL good hookers, Soni whilst being slightly better is a bit loose as a dummy half as well, we Hooker should be our NUMBER 1 recruitment target for next year

Pomoz

Bench
Just rewatched the mini. We absolutely destroyed them with physicality in the opening 30 and they crumbled from there. It takes one hell of a team to mentally stay in it when Penrith open with that and then follow up with the bench we have. Put that intensity out each week and we will probably be there first Sunday of October even if our attack is a bit broken.

Anitger cool thing I noticed re the bizarre To’o try of a Yeo kick. While Yeo was looking around like a stunned mullet; Luai was screaming and pointing across the field. The one try on the right was Luai’s as well. People think he’s a one trick pony but the guy has vision and skills to play a much bigger role than the one we ask of him in our structure. We need to harness it somehow and get him over on the right more often or at first receiver.
Great post. That physicality has been missing at times this year and it makes such a difference. It was like the 22 GF. A physical intensity that sucked the air out of the opposition and left them crumpled on the floor wishing they played Union instead. It saps the oppositions energy and creates more space for us in attack.

Having both Fish and Martin back made such a difference. JFH actually looked fit for the first time since the start of the season. Martin was blowing hard after a few minutes but his toughness is so underrated. He smashed Lodge and said something like "get that into you" and had a look in his eyes that frankly, was a little scary.

Next week the Broncos game will be a great test. They have the best pack in the NRL. With Martin, JFH and Spencer all on board, we will see how we measure up.

Lol says Gus and his bitch.

You raise the players, you spend millions training them up and the dogs will gladly take them off your hands for unders.

Maybe I’ve got it wrong, maybe you guys are Gus’s bitches!

Now you get up off your knees and stand up for your bloody club.

You can denigrate my Wests Tigers all you like…when you can actually beat us lol.
Little man your team won once against us. Please, humor me, when was the last time the West Tigers were in the finals, let alone being in three consecutive grand finals, winning two in a row?

Little man your team won once against us. Please, humor me, when was the last time the West Tigers were in the finals, let alone being in three consecutive grand finals, winning two in a row?

As was said elsewhere last night, you guys should hope and pray you don’t meet us in the finals!

Now creep back into your coffin Janey, it’s not nightfall yet, if the suns rays hit you, you’ll turn into dust.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
W/T and finals. Not words one associates with each other.

Time will tell. Will the 11 year finals drought end this year..........Who knows.

Saying that females should be in a coffin till nightfall, and telling myself to be on my knees (is that a sexual in u end o ? )is hardly the type of speak, of someone who professes a domestic violence warrior.

By the way TSP no-one has picked on your club.

My comments in reference to Peachy. His extact words, saying how much he loves Penrith. That's all.