What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This is my best guess at the run out team.

1.Dyl
2.Tito
3.Hosking
4.Critter
5.Biz
6.J-boy
7.Clez

8.Smith
9.Api, I mean Soni (sorry easy mistake)
10.Fish
11.Soro
12.Marto
13 Yeo

14.Sommo
15.Mose
16.Iso
17.Garner

mxlegend99

Referee
Potentially missing:

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Tago
4. Peachey
5. May
6. Luai
8. Leniu
9. Kenny
11. Martin

6 of them out for sure. 3 others in doubt

Fangs

Coach
Depends if we are wanting to look at Cole for next year. Or go defensive

This scenario is what we do when players go down in the big games later this year. Its about winning the 2023 premiership. For that reason I don't expect new faces/debutants to start.

We should be eyeing off the last round against the Cows to test 2024 players. We did the same thing last year against the Cows and earlier this year that same group got another shot. This will be third time lucky for them.

Soni starting/Crichton fullback make sense to me. The only dicey move for mine is Salmon at 6.

Fangs

Coach
Anyone had a decent experience heading to Brookvale?

The B-line buses don't thrill me.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is an odd take.

I am currently reading the ‘Descent of Man’ by Grayson Perry; it’s an easy read on masculinity recommended to me by a friend. I think it is something we should all read.
Took a million injuries for Moylan to get a shot. He then pretty much carried the side for a years after that.
Been a heap of things go Ivan's way that he's been forced into over the years. A super conservative yet great coach

Iamback

Coach
This scenario is what we do when players go down in the big games later this year. Its about winning the 2023 premiership. For that reason I don't expect new faces/debutants to start.

We should be eyeing off the last round against the Cows to test 2024 players. We did the same thing last year against the Cows and earlier this year that same group got another shot. This will be third time lucky for them.

Soni starting/Crichton fullback make sense to me. The only dicey move for mine is Salmon at 6.

Yeah but if have 6-7 out we will struggle anyway

Take Salmon better off giving him extended minutes on an edge as we know Cogger is next half up

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to seeing what Luke Sommerton can do, should he be given a chance in the 17.

I know if was only a pre-season trial but he was awesome in the game against Parra. If he could reproduce that performance on Thursday, we could be witnessing another unearthing of a future regular first grader.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Injuries happen to every coach. It only looks like he's been kissed because he's put in place a system where the next bloke up has been more than ready in the majority of cases.
Yes and no. He was playing some ABSOLUTE bums at fullback before he finally caved in on that decision.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is an odd take.

I am currently reading the ‘Descent of Man’ by Grayson Perry; it’s an easy read on masculinity recommended to me by a friend. I think it is something we should all read.
Grabbing it on Audible now. Don't get much time to sit down with a book these days