What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As much as I hate a loss... I do like being right

You clearly haven't seen Cogger play if you think he can lead an NRL side to a win
I’ve watched most of the NSW cup games and Cogger is good enough to play in this side and beat the West Tigers.

If not, who cares, Cleary we’ll be much better for the rest. His fitness is the key to a 3-peat

Black Diamond

Juniors
This game should be a statement game for the Panthers and not treated as an r&r getaway retreat for the squad. If they go in thinking it’ll be a walk in the park then they’ll get their pants pulled down like Knights did to them - almost did to them. There’s a bye in 4 weeks or something use that as the rest period for players.

I completely understand that these players have accumulatively played the most footy out of any other squad in the game. Reg season, finals, gfs, origin series and World Cup. But it isn’t the time to rest - the side keep having games where opposition throw 100% effort at them. Hence the close losses. There’s been fatigue and fade outs in the last 10 mins in all the loses Broncos, Eels and especially Souths.

This game needs to be a statement. High completion rate 85% + with a simple game plan, aggressive defence and turning up every play. Getting back to basics. If they do this it’ll put them in good stead. They cannot afford the opportunity drop this game the comp is too close this season- Tigers will want to ambush and Panthers need to be ready.
You do realise they have injured players that can't physically play? Cleary has a groin injury that could be worsened if he plays and the others injuries are significant enough that they can't take the field. I really don't think Ivan is using this game for an opportunity to "rest" players, they are just filling gaps left by injured players.

Hooked

Juniors
This game should be a statement game for the Panthers and not treated as an r&r getaway retreat for the squad. If they go in thinking it’ll be a walk in the park then they’ll get their pants pulled down like Knights did to them - almost did to them. There’s a bye in 4 weeks or something use that as the rest period for players.

I completely understand that these players have accumulatively played the most footy out of any other squad in the game. Reg season, finals, gfs, origin series and World Cup. But it isn’t the time to rest - the side keep having games where opposition throw 100% effort at them. Hence the close losses. There’s been fatigue and fade outs in the last 10 mins in all the loses Broncos, Eels and especially Souths.

This game needs to be a statement. High completion rate 85% + with a simple game plan, aggressive defence and turning up every play. Getting back to basics. If they do this it’ll put them in good stead. They cannot afford the opportunity drop this game the comp is too close this season- Tigers will want to ambush and Panthers need to be ready.

A statement I don't think so. Not when you are without Fish, Martin and Tago.
Cleary, Sorro and Turuva are either playing injured or out.

I will be happy with a win and no more injuries for this one.

Iamback

Coach
I’ve watched most of the NSW cup games and Cogger is good enough to play in this side and beat the West Tigers.

If not, who cares, Cleary we’ll be much better for the rest. His fitness is the key to a 3-peat

You need to be top 4 to win the comp.

I have 4 teams under us winning this week.

Storm have the bye

Roosters play Warriors.

So atleast 2 teams jump us should we lose.

So a lose puts us 6-8th.

With

Warriors
Roosters
Broncos to follow

into an Origin series. So we are in no position to be 'resting' players

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I have a grip on reality unlike the delusion you have.

You do realise from mid May until July we will not have our 3 or 4 best players?

This is when you need to bank the wins because we will drop a few games then
You do realise that we are going to need Nathan fit and healthy to win the 3 games that proceed this one. We will drop a lot more than 1 if his groin doesn’t settle.

We are also going to need Cogger during the origin period. This is the perfect opportunity to get a game into him.

You acting like this is sudden death footy all of a sudden.

Have a look at the big picture.

I thought Eisenhuth was fantastic last year but he just looks to have regressed this year and Henry is one of the few prospects banging on the door in Cup. Below looks a lot more threatening and the only risk is in talented but inexperienced kids coming in rather than guys proven to be reserve graders these days.

1. Edwards 2. Turuva 3. Jenkins 4. Crichton 5. To'o 6. Luai 7. Cleary 8. Leota 9. Kenny 10. Smith 11. Sorenson 12. Hosking 13. Yeo 14. Luke 15. Leniu 16. Henry 17. Peachey
Which Smith?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Running round like a headless chook does nothing. Luke I think you've summed it up well.
You do realise that we are going to need Nathan fit and healthy to win the 3 games that proceed this one. We will drop a lot more than 1 if his groin doesn’t settle.

We are also going to need Cogger during the origin period. This is the perfect opportunity to get a game into him.

You acting like this is sudden death footy all of a sudden.

Have a look at the big picture.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Winning Saturday without Clez will allow us the best chance (a more fit Cleary) for the next 3 games before origin - Warriors, Roosters, Broncos after which the origin period is G1 - Bye (week before), Dragons, Roosters, Cowboys G2 - Knights, Storm and a Bye again G3 - Dolphins after which we play Bulldogs, Sharks, Storm, Manly, Titans, Parra and the Cowboys. Clearly the next 4 weeks will set us up for success given that the origin period will feature 2 Byes and some very winnable games. It's not a disaster if we drop a couple now but it will really help our Top4 aspirations if we can get through this next month well.

Fangs

Coach
I'm in the Cleary has to play camp.

If he is out of SOO so be it. We have a competition to win and need these games.

A statement I don't think so. Not when you are without Fish, Martin and Tago.
Cleary, Sorro and Turuva are either playing injured or out.

I will be happy with a win and no more injuries for this one.
Risk potentially dropping what should be an undroppable game and then chasing points as origin is around the corner and panthers will be without a few players then.

That’s how I see it and if most players end up playing that’s how Cleary will see it too.

It would be a different story is panthers were 5-2 or 6-1 but they’re not they’re 4-3…

Iamback

Coach
Risk potentially dropping what should be an undroppable game and then chasing points as origin is around the corner and panthers will be without a few players then.

That’s how I see it and if most players end up playing that’s how Cleary will see it too.

It would be a different story is panthers were 5-2 or 6-1 but they’re not they’re 4-3…

For me it is how close the comp is

Latest posts