What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This game should be a statement game for the Panthers and not treated as an r&r getaway retreat for the squad. If they go in thinking it’ll be a walk in the park then they’ll get their pants pulled down like Knights did to them - almost did to them. There’s a bye in 4 weeks or something use that as the rest period for players.

I completely understand that these players have accumulatively played the most footy out of any other squad in the game. Reg season, finals, gfs, origin series and World Cup. But it isn’t the time to rest - the side keep having games where opposition throw 100% effort at them. Hence the close losses. There’s been fatigue and fade outs in the last 10 mins in all the loses Broncos, Eels and especially Souths.

This game needs to be a statement. High completion rate 85% + with a simple game plan, aggressive defence and turning up every play. Getting back to basics. If they do this it’ll put them in good stead. They cannot afford the opportunity drop this game the comp is too close this season- Tigers will want to ambush and Panthers need to be ready.
Who’s this dribbler?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
good test for Luai to run the team if Clez is out - it should be likely that he does this during the origin period as Hynes should be ahead of Luai for the 6 jersey.

just need to turn up with the right attitude on Saturday night - take the Tigers for granted and we'll be the laughing stock of the comp this weekend
If Luai doesn't fire here I'd look at letting him go after this current deal

WestyLife

First Grade
If he does fire being primary playmaker he is gone next deal anyway...

Funny it's a no win. He either earns a million dollar contract or looks useless. Have to rely on his want to stay and take unders to play with his mate if he kills it.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
What exactly would you need to see from him to spot this constant negativity?

Because if you’re looking for him to play the same as he did last year, that’s not possible at the moment.
After his world cup form and for his age and talent I'd expect him to be the best player on the field once a month

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Positively contributing to the side.
For example he might consider some general play kicking whilst his halves partner is struggling with a groin injury.
That’s not his call, that’s on the 7. Luai’s job is to make his tackles in Defence and stick to the game plan in attack.

As best as I can tell, he’s doing that.