What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The moment Spencer was ruled out, Sorensen should of been back to the bench.

We had Garner 18th man. He was signed for 3 years injury and lack of match fitness has meant we haven't seen the best of him.

He should of came in. Sorro to the bench or at the worse put him to get match fitness in NSW Cup 1st.

Throw in Daine Laurie who tore NSW Cup apart.

Hopefully this is the wake up call to cull some passengers in the pack
Garner is a worse version of what we already have playing

I can't remember if Ivan does make massive changes in his time at the Warriors and Tigers. Bench is losing us games! But a 9 who starts and finishes around 60-70 mins would fix alot of our issue.

WestyLife

First Grade
Again though, you have someone who doesn't drink much with alcohol. Happens at most weddings and is usually forgotten.

Yet was out played by the worst 7 in the comp. You see nothing wrong with that?

I see plenty wrong with that. He still nearly won us the game. There are things I can criticise cleary for and praise him for. Not so much Luai that's the difference.

These guys drink constantly.

Iamback

Coach
I see plenty wrong with that. He still nearly won us the game. There are things I can criticise cleary for and praise him for. Not so much Luai that's the difference.

These guys drink constantly.

Nearly won us the game against the worst team... We shouldn't be praising not being good enough to beat the Tigers. We had 4 Origin players out there and kiwi test players.

Here is where your objectivity falls down. Luai had our only try assist. Would of had another if Turuva didn't drop the ball over the line.

Like the other senior guys he is having some good moments followed up by some bonehead plays.

Cleary is in that same boat hence the results we are getting

They all need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They may have the odd drink after a game - If they aren't injured but very rarely. That is why sports people as a whole are light weights

WestyLife

First Grade
Nearly won us the game against the worst team... We shouldn't be praising not being good enough to beat the Tigers. We had 4 Origin players out there and kiwi test players.

Here is where your objectivity falls down. Luai had our only try assist. Would of had another if Turuva didn't drop the ball over the line.

Like the other senior guys he is having some good moments followed up by some bonehead plays.

Cleary is in that same boat hence the results we are getting

They all need to take a long hard look at themselves.

They may have the odd drink after a game - If they aren't injured but very rarely. That is why sports people as a whole are light weights

I'll concede here because we'll go in circles all day. How do you fix it with the available roster? If multiple rep stars aren't performing what is happening? We lost the middle badly last night. Luke/Kenny isn't working if the plan is to play Kenny as a prop he's all effort but can't compete physically and gets dominated

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'll concede here because we'll go in circles all day. How do you fix it with the available roster? If multiple rep stars aren't performing what is happening? We lost the middle badly last night. Luke/Kenny isn't working if the plan is to play Kenny as a prop he's all effort but can't compete physically and gets dominated
You pick a 80min hooker from inside the club for next week. I don't care if we have to go as far down as Flegg to find one.

soc123_au

Staff member
They played pretty well and we were very ordinary. Kenny and Luke combo isn't working, until we fix that we aren't doing much.

Iamback

Coach

We need to stop trying to play like the last few years. Peachey should of been given chance to roam.

Play more eyes up footy. They had a fullback playing his 2nd game and a winger with less then 10 and neither got pressured. Some set plays

If Cleary is getting bad service due to a poor hooker then get Luai or Edwards in there for the last tackle.

or Cleary standing well behind the ruck. Then launch those spiral bombs forcing errors will negate the poor pack we have.

As for changes. Assuming no one is back from injury I'd run out like this

Edwards
Jenkins ( actually played alright last night
Turuva
Crichton ( get him more involved, maybe some scrum plays)
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Smith
Kenny
Leota
Garner
Hosking
Yeo

Peachey
Sorensen
Blacker
Salmon

Need some punch off the bench. That is where we are falling down

betcats

Referee
I feel like that was the loss that we needed to rethink how we are approaching games this season. We aren’t the side we have been that is obvious, but we can still defend well. In attack they just need to focus on dominating possession and field position, make the opposition work defensively before trying to go around them, tire them out a bit. We can do that if they try and get the dumb plays out of our game. The attacks nowhere near where it needs to be, they need to just get focused on 80 percent plus completion rates, repeat sets. With our defence we will win games doing that.

Iamback

Coach
I feel like that was the loss that we needed to rethink how we are approaching games this season. We aren’t the side we have been that is obvious, but we can still defend well. In attack they just need to focus on dominating possession and field position, make the opposition work defensively before trying to go around them, tire them out a bit. We can do that if they try and get the dumb plays out of our game. The attacks nowhere near where it needs to be, they need to just get focused on 80 percent plus completion rates, repeat sets. With our defence we will win games doing that.

Manly not showing up that 1st half. gave the side false expectations.

since then we beat Newcastle in Golden point.
Lost to Souffs
Lost to Tigers

Scored 6 tries in 4 hours of footy. That included the 2 worst sides in the comp

At full strength 2024
1 Edwards
2 May
3 Tago
4 Turuva
5 To'o
6 Luai (just)
7 Cleary
8 Fisher-Harris
10 Martin
12 Hosking
13 Yeo

14 Kenny
15 Leota
16 Sorrenson
17 L Smith

*New blood prefer experience
With the top we really need to find only 1 from outside the club. Bring back moral and things should be ok.

betcats

Referee
I was actually encouraged by Ivan’s press conference simply cause he said exactly what I was thinking. We played dumb in the conditions. The errors are another problem, turning over possession way to often. Now whether that leads to any thing changing I have no idea but at least he was pretty critical of our performance, after other losses this year he hasn’t been.

betcats

Referee
As far as selections go, no idea what we can do at hooker, there’s not much there. But if we are just an average side this year fill gaps with players of the future let’s see if they can step up. Maybe they aren’t good enough but I just can’t fathom how a so called development club can lose one prop and the guy up is huth, lose one centre and the next guy up is peach, I mean both these guys are past their best and have been depth/journeymen types for the last few years.

Peach hasn’t looked any better in cup than jenkins or cole, give one of them a crack and let’s see what we have.