What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Tigers - Bathurst

Fangs

Coach
Ivan has bulked him up to play in the backrow. He's now too slow to play centre, not that he's ever been good enough to start at centre at NRL level

Well he is definitely the back up when injuries happen in game again. No one else on that bench is playing centre.

Iamback

Coach
Well he is definitely the back up when injuries happen in game again. No one else on that bench is playing centre.

Hence the issue I have with the bench. One of Smith/Eisenhuth should be replaced with someone better suited to centre. Kenny is playing middle minutes anyway

Iamback

Coach
That too. I can live with him on the bench if Salmon is unavailable, but that's about the only reason imo.

I'd love for him to be an automatic selection, but that ship has sailed.

For me we need unpredictability which he brings, very few in the squad does. He could add a new dimension to squad. Being injury cover makes it low risk

soc123_au

Staff member
For me we need unpredictability which he brings, very few in the squad does. He could add a new dimension to squad. Being injury cover makes it low risk
I'd rather see what one of the kids can do. Perfect time to look to the future, not go back to a mediocre past.

Iamback

Coach
I'd rather see what one of the kids can do. Perfect time to look to the future, not go back to a mediocre past.

The kids aren't ready yet. Maybe Jenkins but I don't think Turuva will play so he still gets a go.

All our FG ready depth went elsewhere so it is makeshift guys for now.

soc123_au

Staff member
The kids aren't ready yet. Maybe Jenkins but I don't think Turuva will play so he still gets a go.

All our FG ready depth went elsewhere so it is makeshift guys for now.
McLean or Cole would be worth a look. It's only until Tago is back, so not like it's going to be a permanent move. Gives them a taste and something to strive for when they go back to cup.

BxTom

Bench

If (big if I know) the Peach and Luai click they could be magic, both heads up players and could create havoc playing off of each other.

Iamback

Coach
If (big if I know) the Peach and Luai click they could be magic, both heads up players and could create havoc playing off of each other.

That is it. Leaves the option for Peachey to move to left edge ( a position we are still to settle)

So for me I see upside in it