What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks- Round 1

Grizzman

Juniors
Hard on TV I guess, looking at photos his guns do look bigger but he must be a lot bigger through the arse/trunk as well. That is a staggering amount of weight, to do in a reasonably short period of time while maintaining speed, fitness etc. Or at least it seems that way to me. I'd love to know how that happens calorie-wise, food types, training etc
I wouldn't mind doing the opposite.

Izz

Bench
oh dear, all the nrl.com tipsters are picking the Warriors this week. That never bodes well...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Webster said today that Metcalf had put on '6 or 7 kgs' in the off-season. That is insane to me. Is that something that happens? The guy has been in the system for how long, 3-4 years? Completely blew my mind. I would love to know how that looks nutrition and strength training wise

I saw him at a bar last year and almost didn't believe it was him because he seemed impossibly skinny for an NRL player (he also certainly didn't seem to be the listed 6 foot tall).

Typically I find it's the "little guys" who are surprisingly "big" when you meet them in person, because if you're a naturally small guy coming into the NRL you are going to get jacked to compensate. To be fair he was hiding himself under baggy "cool Gen Z guy" clothing, but he certainly could've been mistaken for any other skinny white kid at the pub.

His listed 86kg seemed very optimistic, I wonder if that's more realistically the goal weight he has now bulked up to.

Scott

Bench
Hopefully not too much. The whole squad notoriously bulked up prior to the 2004 season when optimism was also very high...
Yeah, in 2004 they all bulked up to the max, but did no running at all through the off season. The whole team was gassed after 5 minutes of each game.