What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin I - Wed 8 Jun - NSW 10-16 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delboy

First Grade
The 7 and 9 were poor for the Blues, thought RCG and Martin were as good as Haas, but with Cleary and Cook doing next to nothing all game Was the difference. Munster MOM by the length of the straight. Shocking kicking game from Cleary.

Great game to watch, but Qld halves dominated and they won.

Wb1234

Referee
A Munster class performance

Nathan Cleary is nowhere near the player he was last year and luai didn’t contribute much either

nsw were very flat for most of the game.

the score line flattered nsw

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Did carrigan shrink after the final whistle?

Did he get the much dreaded shrunk face disease?

tumblr_nsy6coiY6p1usptf2o1_540.jpg

Agreed. As I said Qld were the better side.
NSW need to be much better.
Wighton, Haas, Yeo, Murray and Teddy were great. The rest not so great.
I only saw the second half. I think Luai was pretty good.

One of the issues NSW has to address is you aren’t going to get quick ball in Origin. If you accept this, you need to go through big forwards a bit more. Cook relies on quick PTB to be effective; his service put a lot of pressure on Yeo and the halves. Needs to get rid of the ball quicker. And we need to get better at lying in the PTB; slow it right down.

Bazal

Post Whore
Agreed. As I said Qld were the better side.
NSW need to be much better.
Wighton, Haas, Yeo, Murray and Teddy were great. The rest not so great.

I don't think any of the forwards were bad. Yeah some were a class above but they all contributed IMO.

The hooker was especially awful and the halves were poor.

aqua_duck

Coach
ye
RCG made 100m

But they relied too much on the wingers to take a hitup...
yes i stand corrected, RCG was actually good to be fair. Wingers taking the ball up is fine but you're right it was overdone by NSW. In theory it should've allowed the NSW forwards to load up on D but they just didn't turn up in that regard

Gmac

Juniors
You put Api, fatrell and JAC in that side they probably win. But you have to admire QLD and their Tenacity in the Middle and defence.