What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin I - Wed 8 Jun - NSW 10-16 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
lol what am I reading about Tedesco? I thought he’d been fairly average for nsw the last 2 years but he was great tonight. Constantly looked dangerous, made a clean line break from a kick return, he was the best member of the spine by some distance imo

Tupou was fine but it’s more that he doesn’t add what JAC can add, which is something from nothing. The NSW spine benefited from simply ‘pass it to Turbo or Latrell’ last year, after them JAC is the next guy most likely to do it. When Staggs went down NSW had no strike weapons out wide which resulted in the 7 and 9 running round in circles hoping that Fcking Yeo or someone would come up with the play.

BranVan3000

Coach
lol what am I reading about Tedesco? I thought he’d been fairly average for nsw the last 2 years but he was great tonight. Constantly looked dangerous, made a clean line break from a kick return, he was the best member of the spine by some distance imo

Tupou was fine but it’s more that he doesn’t add what JAC can add, which is something from nothing. The NSW spine benefited from simply ‘pass it to Turbo or Latrell’ last year, after them JAC is the next guy most likely to do it. When Staggs went down NSW had no strike weapons out wide which resulted in the 7 and 9 running round in circles hoping that Fcking Yeo or someone would come up with the play.
Maybe Tedesco was lacking support then. Either way it just wasn't gelling

SBD82

Coach
You obviously don't watch many games then.

He was alongside S. Rogers, Ettingshausen and Miller as the greatest ever to pull on the black, white and blue and I saw all of those play bar Sludge.
Take off the Sharks blinkers mate. He was a cancer to every team he played in. The Sharks were lucky that they brought in some players who didn’t listen to him in 2016.

The other players you named are legends. Gallen isn’t fit to tie their bootlaces.

stryker

First Grade
The Penrith boys were surprisingly shit tonight.
Those halves had their arseholes stretched over their foreheads.
QLDs young gun pack also beat the f**k out of the blues.
Blues will bounce back but they need to learn how to win with players missing.

Anyway… 1 nil to the good guys. Bring on Perth.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Tonights thoughts:

QLD gave their best forwards good minutes and NSW didn't which could've been the difference.

Hass got good minutes but our other quality forwards like Murray or Yeo didn't get enough game time. Instead we we gave it to guys like Tariq and Martin (80mins FFS)

Martin is a good player in a quality system but cmon. Tariq had a good series last year but has been a middle-of-the-road backrower for a few yrs now at NRL level. How both players got more minutes than Murray and Yeo beats me.

Freddy with some absolute howler selections and calls as usual

Vic Mackey

Referee
Also playing Murray, Yeo and Matterson on the park at the same time was completely geniused. I’m only guessing but it seemed Matterson was playing prop. Freddy’s obsession with locks is out of control. I’m fully expecting Finnucane to come in if fit next game for Paulo.