What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

Michael Matral

Juniors
Don't just blame Peach (who was ordinary) or Dyl, who had some silly moments..That was a shit sandwich all round, lets be fair, we got f'ed in the A by the refs but geez there were some poor errors. This is what having your virtual 6 best players out does..they had plenty out too..thought we might sneak this one home, but not to be..

Pjf04b

Juniors
The referee cost Penrith the game pure and simple. Cowboys scored a try off a 3 metre forward pass, and one off a double movement. 3 6 agains, none to Penrith. Not one 50/50 decision went Penriths way. The “knock on” by Sorensen was a pathetic decision by the video ref, and the penalty for the non-existent strip that gave the cowboys the chance to win was ridiculous.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The ref was crap but too many brain dead errors cost us in the end which was sad after such a good first half.
That said I can’t stand Origin and how it costs us key players when every 2 points is valuable, because I know that we should comfortably beat that mob at full strength. Now the Broncos are clear first and with their upcoming draw it will be hard to catch them.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Actually thought Peach had a really strong game with ball and defensively…. But as soon as I saw that ball dribble out, I knew Umina would be balls deep in the keyboard already.

Hard to be critical. We ran outta gas but ripped in and hung on.

IC is a champ but his use of the bench is strange. Sorensen was cooked early second half and not playing particularly well, yet he takes off Hosking. Brings on Luke but keeps on Kenny and we just get rolled down the middle due to pure size stuff nullifies Lukes game.
He blew a try by not passing in the first few minutes and he only got worse. He is shit

murraymob

Coach
Unlucky but the boys did the club proud .We are right in this comp .We only have to get in the top 4 .Our young guys have shown they are ready .Just need to get past origin injury free

betcats

Referee
We had that in the bag until a few of our senior players decided to step up and lose the game for us.

Iamback

Coach
Actually thought Peach had a really strong game with ball and defensively…. But as soon as I saw that ball dribble out, I knew Umina would be balls deep in the keyboard already.

IC is a champ but his use of the bench is strange. Sorensen was cooked early second half and not playing particularly well, yet he takes off Hosking. Brings on Luke but keeps on Kenny and we just get rolled down the middle due to pure size stuff nullifies Lukes game.

Peachey is fine for shorter bursts. Not an 80 min player.

We had Kenny in the middle with a fresh Spencer on the bench.

Garner too. Take off Sorro you get 2 fresh forwards

chrisD

Coach
Spencer should of came back on with 25 left when the Cowboys started coming back.

Some dumb plays too especially late in the game
Spencer is useless while Luke is at DH. Luke has the probing and running game but not the stock standard dummy half service, and that is more important to this basics first team.

The Realist

Juniors

Peachey made a few good grabs and some great runs. Defended well. But that is nulliffied by critical errors. Butchered a try and a few drops including the vital one.

Worst error in our game was the Edwards field goal attempt. So dumb when we had momentum, Cowboys were backpeddling and shot and we kick an off centre field goal from 30 odd metres out. Not only do we not win, we give them 7 tackles 20 metres out. Just pure dumb. So dumb it makes regular dumb look like a genius.

Iamback

Coach
Spencer is useless while Luke is at DH. Luke has the probing and running game but not the stock standard dummy half service, and that is more important to this basics first team.

Fresh body for defence was needed. Any attack was a bonus

Fangs

Coach
One thing for Soni Luke, he did some good stuff inside our red zone. He isn't too durable but he made some crucial tackles in the second half against big crash plays from the Cowboys.

Otherwise not his best night.