What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

Chins get the wins

First Grade
One thing for Soni Luke, he did some good stuff inside our red zone. He isn't too durable but he made some crucial tackles in the second half against big crash plays from the Cowboys.

Otherwise not his best night.
Thats been his game all year. I'm not ripping on a bloke for no reason, he's just a 28 year old reserve grader

Actually thought Peach had a really strong game with ball and defensively…. But as soon as I saw that ball dribble out, I knew Umina would be balls deep in the keyboard already.

Hard to be critical. We ran outta gas but ripped in and hung on.

IC is a champ but his use of the bench is strange. Sorensen was cooked early second half and not playing particularly well, yet he takes off Hosking. Brings on Luke but keeps on Kenny and we just get rolled down the middle due to pure size stuff nullifies Lukes game.
The humidity wouldn't of helped either.

chrisD

Coach
Peachey should not be in the 17 come finals whatever injuries may come. One of the priorities for the rest of the season should be finding an option better than Luke. Games like tonight are for finding out the secondary weaknesses, it was very telling and can be to our advantage if we learn from it.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Peachey should not be in the 17 come finals whatever injuries may come. One of the priorities for the rest of the season should be finding an option better than Luke. Games like tonight are for finding out the secondary weaknesses, it was very telling and can be to our advantage if we learn from it.
My worry with Peach since he started somehow getting games and doing ok...ish was September. He will ALWAYS do dumb shit when it matters

GongPanther

Referee
The humidity wouldn't of helped either.
Beat me to it Jane. That final 20 minutes had us really looking for something to lift us. Coach Clear knew this would have been the issue for us late in the game, and it showed.

Some of the missed calls and bunker rulings towards the Cows were somewhat puzzling.

Oh well, here's hoping Newcastle are kind to us next week.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I didn't see the game live. Only saw updates. Inexperience was always going to be an issue late in the game.

Penrith made some mistakes in the 2nd half. The first half they surprised me with how well they played.

Cows were always going to be tough with rabid crowd behind them late in the 2nd half.Fatigue and humidity wouldn't have helped either.

I think Penrith youngins will learn heaps from this loss.

Ivan spoke very well at the presser too.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We fell off when Luke came on and then Ivan hooked him for golden point. Thoughts @Luke Bowden
Soni Luke didn’t give away a single cheap penalty.
Soni Luke didn’t turn the ball over cheaply in our own half.

why aren’t you blaming Sorro, Tago Edwards (twice).

because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Edwards had two crucial handling errors, took a dumb shot at FG and kicked the ball out on the full from a kick off.

I can go on pointing out mistakes and poor cheap dumb penalties.

but you want to blame Soni Luke.

thoughts @Chins get the wins

You are the absolute worst at seeing what you want to see.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Soni Luke didn’t give away a single cheap penalty.
Soni Luke didn’t turn the ball over cheaply in our own half.

why aren’t you blaming Sorro, Tago Edwards (twice).

because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Edwards had two crucial handling errors, took a dumb shot at FG and kicked the ball out on the full from a kick off.

I can go on pointing out mistakes and poor cheap dumb penalties.

but you want to blame Soni Luke.

thoughts @Chins get the wins

You are the absolute worst at seeing what you want to see.
Mistakes are mistakes, some can be limted, some eliminated (dropping Peach) but Soni Luke KILLED the whole flow of the game with his skipping out of dummy half going no where and then passing to players flat footed

betcats

Referee
Imo the turning point was when we were cruising at 22-12 and sorro hits Townsend late. From then on we shit the bed and numerous players came up with dump errors after that but before that penalty we were cruising and after that it went to shit. Townsend was kicking from his own 40 at the most why risk hitting him after kicks there’s zero to be gained from it just wrap him up like we always do and let dyl take the catch and run 20 metres.

Re peach, he had a shocker, yeah he can come up with some really nice plays and his defence has been fine but geez he can do some dumb shit. Not just the error at the end I can think of 3 or 4 more really shit plays from him tonight. Feels like he can’t be trusted in big moments, for every diamond he serves up 3 rocks doesn’t pass when he should, forces passes when he shouldn’t, really disappointing. Give cole or jenkins the back up spot.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mistakes are mistakes, some can be limted, some eliminated (dropping Peach) but Soni Luke KILLED the whole flow of the game with his skipping out of dummy half going no where and then passing to players flat footed
The players were flat footed because they were playing with an extreme lack of energy.

Dummy halves jump out of the ruck when either the defence is on the back foot or he’s trying to bring his players onto the ball. Either way, the ball runners must come with him.

flow of the game was KILLED by our very poor discipline. If you can’t see that, I can’t help you and you’re going to continue to make stupid comments.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The players were flat footed because they were playing with an extreme lack of energy.

Dummy halves jump out of the ruck when either the defence is on the back foot or he’s trying to bring his players onto the ball. Either way, the ball runners must come with him.

flow of the game was KILLED by our very poor discipline. If you can’t see that, I can’t help you and you’re going to continue to make stupid comments.
I really like you Luke but you've backed the wrong horse here, swallow your pride

The Realist

Juniors
I don't accept that Luke had no fault.

As soon as he came on, the Cowboys, whether they were forwards or outside backs, got on a massive roll on and they heavily targeted Luke. They made big metres pretty much 80% of the time they targeted him.

Earlier in the season I thought his offense was worth his defensive weakness. Now his defense is more exposed than ever and his good work in offense has disappeared. I want this kid to be the 2nd coming of Api - but he just isn't. If anything he is a bit of a down hill skier - only good when we are dominating anyway.

I hope I am wrong and that the coaching staff can guide him into being a good 1st grade hooker, but ATM he is regressing.

Beat me to it Jane. That final 20 minutes had us really looking for something to lift us. Coach Clear knew this would have been the issue for us late in the game, and it showed.

Some of the missed calls and bunker rulings towards the Cows were somewhat puzzling.

Oh well, here's hoping Newcastle are kind to us next week.
I thought it was a great game. Yes both teams were missing players, we missed more.

Iamback

Coach
I was wondering this myself. He sort of just disappeared. My feeling is that he ran out of puff. He is accustomed to playing 20-25 mins at the back end of games against tired opposition.

That is what I said earlier in the week. Playing 80 was going to be an issue

Latest posts