What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin III - Wed 13 Jul - QLD 22-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wb1234

Referee
I’ll take your word for it. But I didn’t even think that Daly was that good tonight. Did his job. But no special plays.
Hahhaha.

this is the funniest thing I’ve read all night

his kicking game late in the second half was the difference

when the game was to be won he did it for qld whilst Cleary went mia

GongPanther

Referee
I don't know if I can handle another 10 years of mid field chip/bombs that don't give the chasers a chance and go straight to the back 3 every time...

It feels like they've cloned Pearce. I was finally on the Cleary bandwagon after being critical for longer than most but I'm back off it. The best halfbacks can do it even when their pack is on the back foot. Johns and Thurston had sh*t packs for much of their careers. Clearys club pack steamrolls their opposition every week but he still can't do it when the chips are down. That said, Freddy gave him a few total spuds to work with.
Once Turbo, Michell and a couple of others are back in next year's squad, it'll be different.

wittyfan

Referee
NSW were always in trouble when the incumbent halfback was dropped.

Moses and Ilias to be the halves in 2023.

mave

Coach
I just don't reckon he's the right style of player for Origin?

Like I said earlier, look at the guys QLD bring in. It's not Dave Fifita, even with a zillion injuries. It's guys like Tom Gilbert, Pat Carrigan, who are just fit, happy to get dirty, and rumble all day. Especially in the pack.

That goes a long way towards winning them games. They don't care about flash or power, they care about outlasting the other bloke. The occasion lifts these tough hard working blokes and they pick just enough spice to produce something when it's needed.

It's not pashun, it's just smarter. Which should be insulting to Freddy but...I mean?

Agreed.

Yet, Jurbo has been bagged at every possible opportunity

Hutty1986

Immortal
Surely that's the end for derpy fred, mong toops, probably half a dozen others for nsw. All good though, cleary will carve up a terrible side at club level and they'll call him Joey again!