What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Sat - Brisbane 42-12 Warriors @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Brisbane v Warriors

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Warriors

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

footy75

Bench
Saturday night in the city of Brisbane will be huge with both the Broncos and the Lions going to advance into advance into respective Grand Finals.

The city will be a buzz. The girls at Kittens will be licking their lips. Cha Ching.

Valheru

Coach
I'm all for making things easier for the warriors fans in general but the "won't someone think of the children" calls by the media for this one are over the top.

Kids can stay up late on a Saturday night as a literal once in a decade event and if we are being honest, kids that aren't capable of staying up to midnight have no real interest in watching anyways.

Woody90

Juniors
I'm all for making things easier for the warriors fans in general but the "won't someone think of the children" calls by the media for this one are over the top.

Kids can stay up late on a Saturday night as a literal once in a decade event and if we are being honest, kids that aren't capable of staying up to midnight have no real interest in watching anyways.

To be fair, if the shoe was on the other foot and this was the Broncos, the NRL would move heaven and earth to make things more convenient for them and their fans.

With what the Warriors did over Covid, surely they can review scheduling. With SJ’s age, there’s a good chance this might be the only prelim (or further) they make in a really long time. It’s a massive deal for the club and NZ rugby league. Depending on their age some kids just can’t physically stay awake that late.

Apey

Staff member
I reckon the Warriors are a good chance here, but I don't think they'd trouble Panthers as much as Broncos would. Won't be a blowout like the other Prelim. Broncos by 7.

taste2taste

Juniors
For what it's worth these teams played once during the season and Brisbane won 26-22, if memory serves me the ref made some howlers against the Wahs, it was around this time thier sponsor tweeted the ref's were cheats :D

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I wish I had made better life choices so I could afford to fly over the ditch for this game and the grand final, given this year is our year 😅

Haven't seen Broncos live before but what an epic way to break that cherry by seeing the first rival go down in flames as the Warriors steam towards third time lucky in Grand Finals and Panthers games this year!!!!

So Qantas put on a sale around GF weekend, with change fee waived if your team doesn't win this weekend - I bit and scored $600 NZD round trip from Auckland to Sydney (less than half the prices I could see for Brisbane flights from NZ).

Worst case I can put it towards flight credit over the next year if Broncos win this week, best case full steam ahead on
the BandWahgon!!!!
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Are there any stat gurus out there that know the winning % for the team coming off the rest week ?
I’d imagine it’s pretty high- but then again the whole reason they get a rest week is that they finished high up the table AND won in the first week, so it’d always going to bias that way.

MRN

Juniors
For what it's worth these teams played once during the season and Brisbane won 26-22, if memory serves me the ref made some howlers against the Wahs, it was around this time thier sponsor tweeted the ref's were cheats :D
Brisbane were also without Walsh, Cobbo, Haas, Flegler and Carrigan. Not saying this makes it a given, not by any stretch, but it's somewhat relevant.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Saturday night in the city of Brisbane will be huge with both the Broncos and the Lions going to advance into advance into respective Grand Finals.

The city will be a buzz. The girls at Kittens will be licking their lips. Cha Ching.
I happily pay extra to see that.

JamesRustle

First Grade

Kids can stay up late on a Saturday night as a literal once in a decade event* and if we are being honest, kids that aren't capable of staying up to midnight have no real interest in watching anyways.
Twice in a fortnight if the Wahs advance to the... big dance (just for you @AlwaysGreen )

Evil_Mush

Juniors

The "cheating of the highest order" episode was a few weeks prior after our magic round game against the Panthers.

The main talking point around the Napier game v Broncos (aside from all the crowd pitch invasions) was the disallowed try which would have won us the game, due to the massive milking of a slight collar grab by Pompey against I believe Tristan Sailor.

Pompey shouldn't have done it but if Sailor hadn't had a massive sook instead of actually attempting to chase down Montoya that was a W in the bag for the Warriors.

Another motivation for taking Brisbane down this week 😉

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade

flippikat

Bench
I honestly think it's about the first quarter - maybe even the first 10 to 15 minutes, and we could well get a great read on it that early.

If the Warriors score first and get confidence boosted quickly, they're a better-than-even chance of the win.

I honestly don't think they have it in them to chase-down a Broncos lead, in a sudden death playoff match. Got to be dominating from the get-go, and playing from in front.

For the Broncos, it's about blunting the Warriors (mentally, physically, emotionally) in that first quarter.

GongPanther

Referee
What the Warriors need to do is apply a similar plan which was implemented last week when they absolutely smothered the Knights in defense in the first 15 minutes. But the trick is, if they can get another 12-0 or 16-0 lead by that time, then it all comes down to non-panic game management.

To keep their game heads on whist the Broncs could start to feel the kind of pressure they are not accustomed to, might see them fight towards a very famous victory.

On the other side we have a side that has been fine tuned in the garage with the same lineup that decimated The Storm two weeks ago, and has been playing some of the most entertaining football all year.

The Warriors will get a double digit score lead in the first half by 16-6, and will be eventually run down by a fearsome Broncos side 36-16, and with 15 mins on the clock the Broncos, and Panthers for that matter, will start resting players.

blaza88z

Coach

That was in NZ, during origin, with NZ coming fresh off a bye whilst we had a whole host of regulars unavailable due to origin.

No excuse to not be winning that game.

TheDMC

Bench
That was in NZ, during origin, with NZ coming fresh off a bye whilst we had a whole host of regulars unavailable due to origin.

No excuse to not be winning that game.
It was wet as f**k, we were shit coming off a bye as always, and the ref robbed us at the end.

Plenty of excuses.