What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 26 vs Cronulla @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 26: Newcastle v Cronulla

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Adam O’brien must stalk this forum.
He mentioned in the presser that times in the past we’ve played like Benny Hill (not so much this year though).

mozza91

Coach
Great win. First half was a tough slog and we just blew them away in the 2nd.

That run from Ponga opened up the game and we shit it in from there. Our defence was as good as I’ve seen in a long time. There was a play from Gagai in the 2nd half were he covered at least 40 metres to put pressure on one of their forwards and stopped him from putting in a kick. It was a huge play that the old boys would’ve been proud of.

Knight Tales

Juniors
That second half has me convinced we are the side who can turn the finals on it’s head. The shape of the defence. The calmness we displayed when they were ripping our middle early. We are turning teams around and killing them with momentum. The hustle is unbelievable. Lucas was so good yesterday.

Woody90

Juniors
Haha the Sharks game day thread is quality. The NRL solely exists to screw them over apparently. Who’d of thought Nikora not grounding a football would cause so much of a furore?

They were flogged. If they think that was the difference they’re crazy (he obviously didn’t ground the ball anyway). They need to be more worried that their side didn’t turn up in the second half.

Apey

Staff member
Haha the Sharks game day thread is quality. The NRL solely exists to screw them over apparently. Who’d of thought Nikora not grounding a football would cause so much of a furore?
First time in the Sharks forum? They hate Klein and there were 50 posts blaming him before a ball was kicked.

The only call I think he got wrong for them was Tracey looked to have his foot in the ingoal when he caught the ball.

Tom155

Coach
Ponga update

Scans today have confirmed nib Newcastle Knights Captain Kalyn Ponga has a high-grade AC shoulder injury.

Ponga will not be considered for selection for Round 27, medical and performance staff have commenced treatment with a view to returning for week one of the finals series.

Pretty funny that they're blaming the loss solely on the refs... I'm sure it had nothing to do with their 41% possession, 61 missed tackles or 66% completion rate

Lynoman

Bench

I too was reading through both the Team threads and one thing was unanimous.

We all hate that ref!

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
I can't see how they can't get that it wasn't a try. And clearly so. Fails to ground it in the first instance, bobbles it in the 2nd before applying a tad of pressure ... but after those two had taken place. Camera perfectly shows this in close-up ... yet they can't see it.

Crazy.

Rod

Bench
I thought the refereeing was quite frustrating both ways, especially in the first half. Several odd calls against both teams, and Klein's interpretation of the ruck speed is probably what was the most frustrating. It took until the second half for him to finally ping the Sharks for all the holding down they were doing, and even then I think there were barely any 6-agains in the whole match.

In any case, a great win and next weekend is going to be an awesome occasion. Now of course all eyes are on KP, get that boy in a cryogenic chamber for 12 days and then needle him up to his eyeballs....