What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 8
Dolphins v Newcastle Knights
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal (TICKETS)

Sunday 28 April 2024
NRL kickoff 2pm.

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

DOLPHINS2024.png

1. Trai Fuller 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Tesi Niu 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Kenny Bromwich 12. Euan Aitken 13. Max Plath 14. Josh Kerr 15. Kurt Donoghoe 16. Ray Stone 17. Oryn Keeley 18. Mason Teague 19. Sean O'Sullivan 20. Jarrod Wallace 21. Valynce Te Whare 22. Connelly Lemuelu

In: Kurt Donoghoe (bench), Mason Teague (bench), Jarrod Wallace (reserve), Valynce Te Whare (reserve), Connelly Lemuelu (reserve)

NEWCASTLE2024.png

1. David Armstrong 2. Greg Marzhew 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Enari Tuala 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Kai Pearce-Paul 13. Adam Elliott 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jed Cartwright 17. Brodie Jones 18. Mathew Croker 19. Thomas Cant 20. Jack Cogger 21. Will Pryce 22. Krystian Mapapalangi

Out: Kalyn Ponga (fullback), Thomas Jenkins (wing), Jack Hetherington (bench)
In: David Armstrong (fullback), Dane Gagai (centre), Jed Cartwright (bench), Mat Croker (bench), Thomas Cant (bench), Jack Cogger (reserve), Will Pryce (reserve), Krystian Mapapalangi (reserve)
Changes: Enari Tuala (centre to wing), Daniel Saifiti (front row to bench), Jacob Saifiti (bench to front row)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: Liam Kennedy
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Kieren Irons
Video Referee: Chris Butler

Match facts

HEAD TO HEAD - 2023 - 2023​

TOTALDOLPHINSNEWCASTLEDRAWN
ALL MATCHES2110
SUNCORP0000

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2023Round 3DOLPHINS 36-20McD. Jones20093
2023Round 23NEWCASTLE 30-28Optus Stadium45814

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12
DOLPHINSNORTH QLD (A)MANLY (H)WESTS TIGERS (A)WARRIORS (A)
NEWCASTLEWARRIORS (H)WESTS TIGERS (A)GOLD COAST (A)(BYE)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 5 Round 6 Round 7
DOLPHINSWESTS TIGERSW 26-16BRISBANEL 14-28PARRAMATTAW 44-16
NEWCASTLEST GEORGE ILLAWARRAW 30-10SYDNEYL 20-22CANTERBURYL 12-36

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
KP and Hetho definitely out and assuming worst case (because the Knights) no Jenkins, Gagai or Frizz.

Armstrong
Tuala
Lucas
Best
Marz
Gamble
Hastings
JSaf
Brailey
Leo
KPP
Jones
Elliott

Crossland
DSaf
Croker
Cartwright

Woody90

Juniors
Amazing how bad the side looks with just KP, Frizz and Gags gone (Hethrington to a lesser extent).

Knight Tales

Juniors
I reckon they will pick Pryce at 1.
I hope not. When you have season which is a write off you don’t throw your great hopes into the Lion’s den. That just leads to even more trauma. If Will had a strong senior support system it would be ok. But he will be left on his own with pats on the back while people not in his postcode for talent give him advice.

macavity

Referee
I hope not. When you have season which is a write off you don’t throw your great hopes into the Lion’s den. That just leads to even more trauma. If Will had a strong senior support system it would be ok. But he will be left on his own with pats on the back while people not in his postcode for talent give him advice.

the other options are just as bad. We throw Armstrong to the wolves, or we move Gags to 1 and play Moidreke on the wing and Tuala in the centres, or play Lucas in the centres and blood a new back rower (Sua?). We have undersized middles galore and that’s about it.

At least Pryce has some first grade experience in the ESL and a lot of spark, though he can’t tackle for shit.

Woody90

Juniors
I reckon they will pick Pryce at 1.

I said in the game day thread this wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t think he’s ready but we apparently paid a lot of money for him so I reckon they will try and give him a go as soon as possible. The seasons done so it’s probably the best time and not like there’s another obvious option.

mozza91

Coach
If the seasons a write off wouldn’t it be the perfect time to blood him?

No pressure just play your natural game. I’m actually quite interested to see how we attack without Ponga. Until we just do 5 one out runs with no shape or support runners for 80 minutes.

Yosh

Coach
Wonder when we will get our next win. I really wonder if we will get another win before AOB gets fired.

Knight Tales

Juniors
You fellas have half convinced me we should blood the youngsters and support them through the year regardless of results. I just do not want them being ruined mentally and not recovering. They deserve better.

Woody90

Juniors
You fellas have half convinced me we should blood the youngsters and support them through the year regardless of results. I just do not want them being ruined mentally and not recovering. They deserve better.

If it was at 5/8 where he’d get run at all day I’d agree with you, and i definitely wouldn’t be putting him at 5/8 myself.

At the end of the day though we’re going to have to blood one of Pryce/Armstrong/Sharpe in the current state. Might as well be the one we’ve forked out a lot of money for.