What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 v Dolphins

Fangs

Coach
Weve won 2 grand finals with him in our spine.

unless you use his money to get Munster to Penrith there will not be any improvement.

Munster would almost certainly increase poker machine revenue.

Only 150 million more needed for a stadium rebuild. Get slapping Cam.

snickers007

Juniors
It's probably too late in the year to be testing but I'd like to see how Cogger handles the bench and playing hooker. He'd be very handy to have in the 17.

Unfortunately his value is providing a solid replacement for Luai and Cleary in case of injury/suspension.
Wouldn't surprise me to see him rested from NSW Cup duties later in the year depending on how their season goes from here.

Turuva is in lime for rookie of the year

He's barely made a mistake. He makes half breaks every game. Deadset freak

I like Jenkins but he's not even close.

Jesse and Casey are going to pass Jenkins easy.

Daeon Is a bloke that could go either way.. put it this way under Bellamy he'd play soo.

He has all the skills. Just needs direction to get there
Did Turuva have an NRL appearance in '22? If so he would be ineligible .
Bula for mine.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Turuva makes lots of half break but almost no full ones. I also think he'd have the same issues at centre, he's an out and out fullback. Too good for cup as well so i'd be looking to trade him.....yeah sucks. Just need to see how May comes back and even if he goes down again we have Jenkins and the McClean boys.

The Realist

Juniors
He was great only a fortnight ago against Storm and also vs Knights. It can’t always be just about attack though, Luai has been great defensively - far better than majority of the 5’8s in the comp and I’m sure his tackling efficiency will back that up. Plus you risk putting in a player there who sure might set up 2 tries extra but might also leak in 2-3 tries at the same time therefore negating any advantage. food for thought.

Yes. I agree. It was something I was going to mention but my posts are already too long :D . Luai is probably a top 3 defensive 5/8. Cleary is also #1 or 2 for half backs. Having a 'leaky' half would have considerable negative impact on our team - in fact it would probably be disastrous.

My point would be this. If we had a 5/8 who was very good defensively - and merely 'competent' in attack - that is pretty much what our team requires. You don't have to pay 850K plus for those.

Also given how we have been going with reserve halfbacks for almost 2 seasons straight- one might question the need to have an over 1 million dollar halfback....

It appears that our 'system' does the heavy lifting in this regard.

The Realist

Juniors
Not sure what people are expecting from Turuva. Safe as a house at the back under the high ball and takes the tough carries which is the backbone of Panther ball.

Make your assignment down the sideline? It's not the first time he has butchered a try down the sideline by being out of position. To his credit - he is getting better at it.

Turuva makes lots of half break but almost no full ones. I also think he'd have the same issues at centre, he's an out and out fullback. Too good for cup as well so i'd be looking to trade him.....yeah sucks. Just need to see how May comes back and even if he goes down again we have Jenkins and the McClean boys.
No offence, love your passion but geez some of your comments are so off the mark like ie the above statement - that I wonder if you’re not actually a secret Eels supporter masquerading as a Panthers?!

Fangs

Coach
Unfortunately his value is providing a solid replacement for Luai and Cleary in case of injury/suspension.
Wouldn't surprise me to see him rested from NSW Cup duties later in the year depending on how their season goes from here.

I just like what he brings to the table.

It seems certain that we will run with Salmon. And I have a feeling Peachey might be in line for Luke's spot.

Fangs

Coach
All run metres 2023:

NameRunsRun Metres
1 D. Edwards3053066
2 H. Farnworth2852702
3 J. Isaako2802668
4 A. Fonua-Blake2762657
5 C. Nicoll-Klokstad3012627
6 B. To'o2692578
7 P. Sami2702538
8 S. Turuva2712530
9 M. Timoko2312513
10 V. Holmes2462484

Our kick return metres are crucial to our game plan. Turuva is giving us a great return in this area and he is quite safe under the high ball.

Iamback

Coach
Not sure what people are expecting from Turuva. Safe as a house at the back under the high ball and takes the tough carries which is the backbone of Panther ball.

No doubt he has held his own, Has he locked in a spot longer term is the question?

Iamback

Coach
Hope you're right. Defence wins comps but you still have to score points.

I agree that is my concern with the 3 peat.

Our attack v Roosters and Storm are what gives me hope.

Having our edges settled should allow more creativity outside of just attacking the middle

WestyLife

First Grade
No offence, love your passion but geez some of your comments are so off the mark like ie the above statement - that I wonder if you’re not actually a secret Eels supporter masquerading as a Panthers?!

He's a reasonable fullback with a lot of potential. Every chance he becomes too expensive to keep especially when he'll be an international FB.