What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

globalpanther

Juniors
Enough is enough. We need to stop carrying blokes & make a call or 2.

Dyl
Tito
JCole (Right)
Critta (Left-Was best left centre in comp)
To’o
Luai
NC
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
ZakH
Yeo

Soni
LSmith
Leniu
Garner (We need another forward not Salmon)

T
Enough is enough. We need to stop carrying blokes & make a call or 2.

Dyl
Tito
JCole (Right)
Critta (Left-Was best left centre in comp)
To’o
Luai
NC
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
ZakH
Yeo

Soni
LSmith
Leniu
Garner (We need another forward not Salmon)
Good side named but I think Ivan will go with roughly the same line up as Round 8/9 because whilst yes, the Panthers did lose both games they were still in it scoreboard wise until the end. Well vs. Souths they lost in the last few mins but you get the drift.

It’s not like the teams getting belted, losing by a margin. Opposition sides have needed to play at their absolute best 100% capacity, with star players having 9-10/10 games to beat a below par Panthers side by 1-4 points. That’s the reality.

Penrith fix a few minor details up like errors, competition rate and get back to making sure tackles stick (first contact has impact) and they’ll be back to winning. This game vs Warriors will be a test for whatever forwards line up for Panthers though - Cleary probably should consider some extra size on bench but I am also assuming Leniu and Fish will be back so that’ll help instantly.

WestyLife

First Grade
He is not a first grader. Too cumbersome

I'd applaud Ivan for taking a risk when the team seems to have hit the wall. How much worse can blacker be off the bench than what's happening currently or Jenkins over peachey etc. We just lost to the spooners only way is up.

Iamback

Coach
Ivan looked as frustrated as the fans with that performance which is unlike him as far as the team/players themselves go.

I hope he is, Needs to stop picking a side that is good in defence. Take risks, 11 errors are fine if you are throwing the ball around. Not because of stupid errors

I get we have injuries but in what world was a bench of:

Luke - Kenny goes to prop when he comes on
Henry
Smith
Salmon

going to get the job done?

Sorensen needed to go to the bench
Blacker or someone into the side

This game going to be a tough one, both clubs coming off a loss and this will show a test of character of how we dealt with last week. From memory our record over there isn't that great.

age.s

First Grade
I think Sorensen has to go back to his middle role. He's done ok on the edge, but our middle has missed him, especially in the context of additional injuries in that area. If that means playing Garner then so be it.

If Leniu/Fish are back we'd have our premiership winning middle third back online (sans Api obv). Let's see how we go with that part of our roster intact before we worry too much about following in the footsteps of 03.

And please Ivan, no Kenny at prop. He absorbs pressure at 9 in the first 20-30, then he covers injury and/or fatigue to Soni. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Iamback

Coach
I think Sorensen has to go back to his middle role. He's done ok on the edge, but our middle has missed him, especially in the context of additional injuries in that area. If that means playing Garner then so be it.

If Leniu/Fish are back we'd have our premiership winning middle third back online (sans Api obv). Let's see how we go with that part of our roster intact before we worry too much about following in the footsteps of 03.

And please Ivan, no Kenny at prop. He absorbs pressure at 9 in the first 20-30, then he covers injury and/or fatigue to Soni. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Garner is here for 3 years, Over his injury there is no reason not to play him especially being short some middles

Sime_11

Juniors
following the footsteps of 03? we've gone 3 straight GF's and won back to back comps - nothing like 03 !

we need the bye which is about 3 weeks off - the boys need rest