What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Dragons

betcats

Referee
You kind of do though with the salary cap. Look at the average age of NSW Cup when we won it in 2022 compared to now.

Casey is playing now because we lost May, Garner and so on this year. Going back to letting Hosking go and not bringing anyone in

Mate you cant tell me he had no choice but to play Casey. We literally brought in kepoa for May, Older, more experienced, playing well in cup. Would easily be the conservative selection.

As for salary cap giving us no choice, please, every team has that. We are consistently bringing through young talent and debuting kids. Its not luck or forced its just great coaching and player development.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Cole offers more position coverage.

specific cover is an conservative term though. Picking someone in that to tactically come on and change the tempo of the game changes the team.
He does, for sure.

but Trent offers more in attack, particularly around the ruck

betcats

Referee
Happy to see Trent get another run. Wouldnt mind Cole there either but Trent has provided definite spark each time he has touched the field in FG so far. Had like 4 tb and a linebreak on Sunday in not much time. Dont recall him missing any tackles in the middle either.

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Happy to see Trent get another run. Wouldnt mind Cole there either but Trent has provided definite spark each time he has touched the field in FG so far. Had like 4 tb and a linebreak on Sunday in not much time. Dont recall him missing any tackles in the middle either.
He's a weapon. Great to see him get another crack.

Pomoz

Bench
We're probably conceding less than 8 points per game if Tago wasn't in the team. He's been that bad this year.
The players with the most try causes at the Panthers are as follows:

Turuva - 15 in 15 games
Tago - 13 in 16 games
Edwards - 12 in 13 games
Alamoti - 10 in 11 games
Cleary - 6 in 6 games

I think your hypothesis is incorrect. On a per game basis, Tago is fifth. In fact Cleary is the worst player in the team for try causes. All of those players also have a lower tackle percentage than Tago.

This pattern is repeated with line break causes. The list is:

Turuva - 18 in 15 games
Alamoti 13 in 11 games
To'o 11 in 14 games
Luai 8 in 14 games
Tago - 8 in 14 games
Cleary 7 in 6 games

On a per game basis, Cleary is the leading cause of line breaks and tries. He is a human turnstile, needing only a handheld sign to point the opposition to the try line. We should drop him to NSW Cup so he learns how to tackle. He should take Turuva with him. To'o should be on notice too, he is causing far too many linebreaks.

I know you have probably been influenced by Chins. You need to know Chins doesn't do data. He makes emotional responses based on what he thinks he sees and that's why he is so entertaining and lovable.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The players with the most try causes at the Panthers are as follows:

Turuva - 15 in 15 games
Tago - 13 in 16 games
Edwards - 12 in 13 games
Alamoti - 10 in 11 games
Cleary - 6 in 6 games

I think your hypothesis is incorrect. On a per game basis, Tago is fifth. In fact Cleary is the worst player in the team for try causes. All of those players also have a lower tackle percentage than Tago.

This pattern is repeated with line break causes. The list is:

Turuva - 18 in 15 games
Alamoti 13 in 11 games
To'o 11 in 14 games
Luai 8 in 14 games
Tago - 8 in 14 games
Cleary 7 in 6 games

On a per game basis, Cleary is the leading cause of line breaks and tries. He is a human turnstile, needing only a handheld sign to point the opposition to the try line. We should drop him to NSW Cup so he learns how to tackle. He should take Turuva with him. To'o should be on notice too, he is causing far too many linebreaks.

I know you have probably been influenced by Chins. You need to know Chins doesn't do data. He makes emotional responses based on what he thinks he sees and that's why he is so entertaining and lovable.
Exactly what I do you silly merkin. f**k me

Latest posts