What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 26th March 8:05pm @Stadium Australia

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
They will probably offer reynolds a 3 year contract and pinch him,gronk played until 34 35

I really hope that doesn't happen because you know they'd probably win a premiership. Keary and Reynolds compliment eachother perfectly.

Weren't Souths going to resign Reynolds on a 3 year contract with the third year in Souths favour?

callmack1

Staff member
Woke up with a big grin on my face this morning!!!

Rabbitohs Rout Roosters in Ron Coote Cup: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/26/rabbitohs-blitz-roosters/

Press Conference - Round 3: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/03/26/press-conference-rabbitohs-v-roosters---round-3-2020/

‘He would be doing backflips inside’ - Tallis’ Bennett insight after Souths masterclass: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/58b64be9a0a4975f7fd55f09dc653af7

From Sporting News,

Gorden Tallis reveals Wayne Bennett’s rare private admission about South Sydney

Gorden Tallis has revealed South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett predicted his men would be too strong for arch-rivals the Sydney Roosters prior to Friday’s 26-16 victory at Stadium Australia.

A coach telling a former player his side will win on the weekend is nothing out of the ordinary.

But Bennett isn’t your typical NRL boss and is known to keep his cards close, even when he is away from the media spotlight.

Speaking on Fox League on Friday night, Tallis revealed he crossed paths with his ex-boss in the lead up to the Round 3 blockbuster and was taken aback when Bennett tipped his Bunnies to win.

“I bumped into Wayne early in the week, and he doesn’t say too much, but I said, ‘Hey coach, how are you going? How do you thinking you’ll go?” Tallis told Fox League.

“And he said, ‘We’ll go really good’. He never says that, in all my time with Wayne and I thought did he really say that?

“And I said, ‘Why’s that’? And he said, ‘Well, what are you thinking?’ I said, ‘Well, they haven’t really played’ (a strong opposition), and he goes, ‘I think we’ll get them’.

“And to me that’s Wayne having confidence in what they’ve got.

“Wayne normally just throws a question back on you and says, ‘What do you think?’ And walks away.

“And you saw his body language (in the post-match press conference), he had this swagger and walked in like Clint Eastwood and walked out like Clint Eastwood.

“He had that swagger about him, so he knows that he’s got the Roosters’ measure at the moment.”

Bennett had every reason to be confident after watching his side’s 60-8 thumping of the Roosters the last time the two clubs met in September.

It was more of the same on Friday night as the Bunnies raced out to a 24-0 lead after 45 minutes on Friday night before conceding three tries, including two in the final eight minutes.

Bennett went out of his way to play down the victory at his post-match press conference with a series of one-line answers when given the chance to praise his players.

You must have liked what you saw out of the Cody Walker-Latrell Mitchell left-side combination, Wayne?

“Yeah, we’re only three weeks into the season so we’ve got a fair way to go yet,” he quipped.

But Wayne, they really seemed to click tonight?

“Well, it’s starting to, it’s not there yet.”

And you must have been pleased with Latrell, Wayne?

“Yeah, he was good. Yeah, he was doing his job.”

Tallis wasn’t buying it and revealed what Bennett would really be thinking after the impressive performance.

“He’s doing backflips on the inside, absolutely,” Tallis said.

“His body language, he loved it. I know him that well that he is so proud of his boys.

“And what he’ll do is he’ll address them, he’ll talk them up, but in the media there’ll be a lid on it now.”

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I like jai arrow what a great acquisition he is to souths already i loved his smile/grin with his red & green mouth guard when he was baiting the rorter player fifita after fifita had just hit him in the back of the head illegally.GOLD!!!
What a no brained F..wit, we scored 2 tries with him in the bin and sealed the game by the time he came back on. He cost them the game. Suck sh!+

He should be sacked for his stupidity

LOL

Jim Rockford

Bench
For the first time in a while I think the roosters made a huge mistake in recruitment letting Kyle Flanagan go. They're now going to have to debut Sam Walker playing alongside Manu/Hutchinson.

I would never write them off but with Keary doing his ACL theyre going to be a lot clunkier this year.

Obviously hindsight is a bitch and you can never predict injuries but I definitely think Flanagan was better for Keary's game than Lam.
My mate who got the tickets had an extra one so he invited another mate of his who just happens to be a Rooster fan.Turned out to be a top bloke and when Keary got hurt I was talking to him and he was praying it wasn't too bad as he acknowledged they will be in big trouble if they lose Keary for an extended period.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Hollywood superstars invade NRL derby at Sydney Olympic Park: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/h...k/news-story/3b8a283974fd32a45e849226fef526d8

As a massive Marvel fan, I kind of lost my shit at this. Very, very cool!!!
Are you just a fan of the movies Callmack, or are you into comics as well? I've been collecting comics for about 35 years and I had to take over my old mans wine room so I would have somewhere to store them all. If you want to discuss the Marvel Universe, I'm your guy.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
I honestly still don't think people truly appreciate just what Cam Murray brings to this team. Stats can't just quantify what he does.
Watch how he defends. Not just on the tackles he makes, but how he positions himself when he isn't involved in a tackle.
Now when most runners are wrapped up, other defenders will start making their way back to the ten so they can be on the front foot to defend on the next tackle. That's why offloads are dangerous, you can catch guys already retreating to be set for the next play. Murray has that ability to stay near a non-completed tackle for a bit longer. That means he can cut off an offload, or if one of the original defenders falls off he can complete the tackle. He can do this without compromising himself for the next tackle, because he has the speed and stamina to still get back onside for the next play and still defend on the front foot for the next play. Not many other middle forwards can do this. They have to bulk up to survive in the middle so it's hard to have the speed and stamina to do all this clean up work.
He is giving away 20-30kg on his fellow middle forwards, yet he has no issue putting these guys on their backs in defence. His runs for such a little guy are amazing, his abilty to get a fast play the ball is incredible. He also has an amazing offload.
That's why stats can be deceiving. He often comes out of a game with a statline like 120m 35-40 tackles and on the surface that looks like average Lock numbers. But his importance to the team goes far beyond those stats. It's why when he is on the edge, especially at the start of games, our defence loses it's tightness.

Murray was absolutely amazing last night, as he was last week against the Eagles. But It goes unnoticed amongst the flashier plays. We have a genuine one of a kind player and I hope people appreciate what we have

Jim Rockford

Bench
Murray was absolutely amazing last night, as he was last week against the Eagles. But It goes unnoticed amongst the flashier plays. We have a genuine one of a kind player and I hope people appreciate what we have
Well said Dan. I know I appreciate and respect what he does.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I honestly still don't think people truly appreciate just what Cam Murray brings to this team. Stats can't just quantify what he does.
Watch how he defends. Not just on the tackles he makes, but how he positions himself when he isn't involved in a tackle.
Now when most runners are wrapped up, other defenders will start making their way back to the ten so they can be on the front foot to defend on the next tackle. That's why offloads are dangerous, you can catch guys already retreating to be set for the next play. Murray has that ability to stay near a non-completed tackle for a bit longer. That means he can cut off an offload, or if one of the original defenders falls off he can complete the tackle. He can do this without compromising himself for the next tackle, because he has the speed and stamina to still get back onside for the next play and still defend on the front foot for the next play. Not many other middle forwards can do this. They have to bulk up to survive in the middle so it's hard to have the speed and stamina to do all this clean up work.
He is giving away 20-30kg on his fellow middle forwards, yet he has no issue putting these guys on their backs in defence. His runs for such a little guy are amazing, his abilty to get a fast play the ball is incredible. He also has an amazing offload.
That's why stats can be deceiving. He often comes out of a game with a statline like 120m 35-40 tackles and on the surface that looks like average Lock numbers. But his importance to the team goes far beyond those stats. It's why when he is on the edge, especially at the start of games, our defence loses it's tightness.

Murray is my fave Souths player

5ED6C26E-0B75-4507-B41E-1AAEB0507956.jpeg
Cook stands above the rest as you say.

A fair flogging of the roosters, Arrow copping a punch to the head resulting in plus 10 points and the wiping out of 2 or 3 rooster players, including a known traitor, effectively ending their season is not amongst the worst of all outcomes imaginable!

If it’s an acl, it’s tough for Keary. I wouldn’t wish that on any player tbh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My highlights of the night was waving goodbye to the Rorters supporters leaving with 10mins to go and seeing Robbo so pissed off in the box!

Plus the flick pass by Trell to Cody.

All belting out Glory Glory and Eastern suburbs rooster crowed and then was conquered too was awesome!

Plus having my Rorters mate having to sit next to me the whole night!

Let’s have another round of Glory Glory why not!

There’s a petition doing the rounds to keep Reynolds.

Against Tigers interests to mention it, but fair is fair.

If someone here is onto it, maybe you can post a link and forumers can sign up.

And lol the almost brawl and Arrow waving old mate off.