What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFB

Ozzi_78

First Grade
This was a perfect result against him last night. Won’t stroll in thinking he is better than those at the club (although he is). Has to respect those here as being players he has to work with not boss around.

Cant beat em join em.

Frenzy.

Immortal
This was a perfect result against him last night. Won’t stroll in thinking he is better than those at the club (although he is). Has to respect those here as being players he has to work with not boss around.

Cant beat em join em.

I've had thoughts along the same lines. Sort of. I was thinking his cousin, Sifakai, got spiked into a sort of "I'n gonna let cuzzy know he's coming to a serious joint.

Sifa 1 AFB 0

Special K

Coach
Would be insane to add him into the mix. I just don't see a world where that happens. We aren't going to release a player early for him in a swap and the Warriors have zero reason to give us a hand after Metcalf.

Quicksilver

Bench
Would be insane to add him into the mix. I just don't see a world where that happens. We aren't going to release a player early for him in a swap and the Warriors have zero reason to give us a hand after Metcalf.

Guess it depends whether it aligns with their interests. 2 way, 3 way swap might help them long term.

So contracts finish end of October there is 5 months 1 week left.

There is about $430k left in his contract.

Not sure if any development on Finucane re retired.
I also thought we still had one spot left in 30 which would mean some cash available

Unless they do something like we have done in past give up a youngster.
There were rumours they wanted a half.
No way Atko or Trindall

Unless they do something like we have done in past give up a youngster.
There were rumours they wanted a half.
No way Atko or Trindall
Hell no.

Our halves and backup this year is Hynes, Trindall and Atkinson. That’s it. It’s probably where we are most thin at depth.

Yes he would be an awesome addition this season but not at the expense of anyone in our plans for a Premiership this year. We are definitely not light on pigs.

chewsta

First Grade
Man just imagine a rotation of AFB/HERB/TOMMY/BHU/TOBY
WILLIAMS/SIFA/TUKS or HUNT

That is 80 minutes of relentless go forward from some big hombre's!

EDIT: We could be swapping blokes out every other week to keep them all fresh and lose nothing at all up front.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I'd like to think to think they can be seen as two different events. If clubs held grudges for other clubs not releasing players they'd be zero mid season transfers.

We did give them Chad that time so they are probably holding a grudge come to think of it.

Special K

Coach
I'd like to think to think they can be seen as two different events. If clubs held grudges for other clubs not releasing players they'd be zero mid season transfers.

We did give them Chad that time so they are probably holding a grudge come to think of it.
Lets just use round numbers but say AFB has 500k left and we can pay him the 500k that would free up 500k for the warriors to sign a player for next year with this years cap. That is the only way I can see it happening but to release a top 2-3 player in his position is waving the white flag. Perhaps it happens later in the year if they are out of the equation but there is just too many variables for it to be real.

I can't see us giving them someone to get AFB 6 months earlier when we get him for free anyway. Unless a player such as say Hunt thinks he would get more money/game time over there and asks. Even then I find that hard to believe given our current run of form and the man love in the joint.

Craigshark

First Grade
Squad is pretty tight and close knit at the moment too. How would they feel about AFB just walking straight into the team half way through the year after the hard work they’ve done so far? It means someone who has been performing would miss out.. could upset a few.. that would be my only concern.. would go a long way to giving us a serious shot this year but if everyone was happy

Last edited:
Squad is pretty tight and close knit at the moment too. How would they feel about AFB just walking straight into the team half way through the year after the hard work they’ve done so far? It means someone who has been performing would miss out.. could upset a few
I agree Craig.

As it is when everyone’s fit some damn good forwards are going to be playing NSW Cup.

But you’d have to consider it if he comes without a player sacrifice the other way.

We have a bloody good chance for a Premiership this season. We are having a pretty good run of injuries. Our main threats in Broncos, Penriff and Storm have had the opposite luck with injuries to key players. You have to strike while the iron is hot as they say.