What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Dolphins @ Optus Stadium, Burswood / Whadjuk

Who will win? Round 23: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 23
Dolphins v Newcastle Knights
Optus Stadium, Burswood / Whadjuk, Burswood (TICKETS)
Saturday 5 August 2023

Gates 2:30pm
Dolphins v Knights NRL kickoff 3:30pm
Rabbitohs v Sharks NRL kickoff 5:35pm
Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports at 5:30pm AEST

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Kodi Nikorima 4. Valynce Te Whare 5. Tesi Niu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Kenny Bromwich 14. Herman Ese'ese 15. Josh Kerr 16. Isaiya Katoa 17. Jarrod Wallace 18. Max Plath 19. Trai Fuller 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Ray Stone 22. Jack Bostock

Out: Euan Aitken (centre)
In: Isaiya Katoa (bench), Trai Fuller (bench)
Changes: Kodi Nikorima (five-eighth to centre), Anthony Milford (bench to five-eighth)

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Brodie Jones 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Dane Aukafolau 22. Jack Johns

Unchanged

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Cameron Paddy
Video Referee: Chris Butler

STATE LEAGUES
QLD Cup: PNG Hunters v Redcliffe^ at PNG Football Stadium, Sat 3pm
QLD Cup: Central^ v Townsville at Browne Park, Sat 4pm

NSW Cup: Newcastle^ v North Sydney at Newcastle COE, Sat 1:45pm​

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
3:30pm kickoff over here = 5:30pm in NSW.

I cannot wait for this! It's been about 11yrs since I've been to a Knights game, and the first time I've seen them play over here since late 1996.

I'm disappointed that we're likely to be wearing our white 'away' kit, but I'm stoked with our 4 game winning streak and that we're in a very good position to make that 5 in a row. I'll be in the corner in the bay beside the designated Knights bay.

Up the Knights!

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Brodie Jones 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala 20. Simi Sasagi 21. Dane Aukafolau 22. Jack Johns

Unchanged 17.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I said it a few weeks back and I’ll say it again, it is so good to have a mostly unchanged team week to week, especially when we are winning.

Ugh this has danger game written all over it

Knights flying high. Dolphins missing a few with nothing much to play for. Game on the other side of the country. Old Creeping Jesus and his voodoo over our team

Redcliffe by 20

Zoidberg

First Grade
We should teach the Milf a lesson for not wanting to stay with us…and thank god he didn’t.

Nuke

Staff member
This is the view of the weather from my house looking roughly in the direction of Optus Stadium, roughly a 10min drive from here. 3hrs until kickoff.
Beautiful day. No rain today, nor yesterday if I can remember correctly.
It will be a lovely, fast track today.

Up the Knights!

20230805_122331.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
I hope you're right, @Jono078 !

I'm in the bay next to the designated Knights bay, which is in one of the corners. Dom's tryscoring corner, if I remember correctly.
That view will be similar to this, taken a few weeks ago at a Perth Glory vs West Ham soccer game.
20230805_123815.jpg

Coming with me today is my mum, my sister, my 7yr old nephew (his first footy game, thus his first Knights game ... he's super excited!), my mate (an unfortunate Brisbane supporter), and we've got an empty seat for Dad, who died suddenly an unexpectedly 3 weeks ago. This will be my first Knights game without him, and as I'd bought the tickets months ago, I put his ticket in his coffin for him. It was his ticket. It's his. I have on me his wedding ring, and his father's wedding ring too, both avid die-hard Knights fans, so in spirit at least, there will be 4 generations of us getting right behind the red and blue today.

Up the Knights!!

Jono078

Referee
Sorry to hear mate. I hope the Knights can help put a smile on everyone's faces today, but especially for your family!

perverse

Referee
I hope you're right, @Jono078 !

I'm in the bay next to the designated Knights bay, which is in one of the corners. Dom's tryscoring corner, if I remember correctly.
That view will be similar to this, taken a few weeks ago at a Perth Glory vs West Ham soccer game.
View attachment 77725

Coming with me today is my mum, my sister, my 7yr old nephew (his first footy game, thus his first Knights game ... he's super excited!), my mate (an unfortunate Brisbane supporter), and we've got an empty seat for Dad, who died suddenly an unexpectedly 3 weeks ago. This will be my first Knights game without him, and as I'd bought the tickets months ago, I put his ticket in his coffin for him. It was his ticket. It's his. I have on me his wedding ring, and his father's wedding ring too, both avid die-hard Knights fans, so in spirit at least, there will be 4 generations of us getting right behind the red and blue today.

Up the Knights!!
Sorry to hear this mate. Condolences, and I hope the lads rip in today and give you something to smile about.

Latest posts