What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 17 v Cowboys

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I disagree.
JFH is a top 5 prop.
Luai is a top 5 5/8
Turuva agree can cover
Yeo turns 30 end of season
Leota turns 30 middle of next year

Not saying both won't play well but Leota particularly looks already slowly going downhill. I think another signing is needed personally.

I was actualy think today if you had the chance to have one JNR back who would you pick?

Crighton
Burton
Spencer
Hopgood
Jerome

Right now Spencer for 550k seems a bargain if ask me. That was cockup as was letting Hopgood go on the cheap.
Yeo hasn't slowed down a notch honey.
The best lock I've ever seen and this clubs best ever player

Last edited:

Alintheeast

Juniors
Given our history did anybody really think we were going to win this. Honestly rainy nights, missing stars coupled with Eiso starting and Mitch Kenny running more than 2 times from dummy half we were stuffed.

Iamback

Coach
How many games have we been full strength and had an uninterrupted prep.

Rnd 20 is when we start to build our momentum. At the moment, we just need to bank points, which we are doing.

Losing not at full strength isn't an issue for me, It is the same guys who are struggling at full strength that continue to do so.

I'd have no issue losing games like on the weekend if the senior guys are playing well.

Like on the weekend, The guys on debut made a couple of errors that is to be expected. Even Toelau's error is part of learning.

Alamoti putting a kickoff out on the full
Tago basic drop coming off the line - Cows scored next set.
Sorro was the one to throw the stupid offload that we burnt our challenge on?

That is the stuff that has been the constant and adding the rep guys will help somethings...not those things.

Not sure getting full strength and running through a seemingly easy part of the draw is a great preparation. Compared to prior years when we can ease and rest guys on the back of great form

Iamback

Coach
Given our history did anybody really think we were going to win this. Honestly rainy nights, missing stars coupled with Eiso starting and Mitch Kenny running more than 2 times from dummy half we were stuffed.

No but at some stage we have to show some improvement in that weather

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeo hasn't slowed down a notch honey.
The best lock I've ever seen and this clubs best ever player

In my post I never said he has. I said he will turn 30. Time catches up with everyone. Yeo might be great untill he is 33 which is 4 more seasons.
But he could start to decline also in 2025. He has played a lot of footy. A betting man would say by 2026/2027 he will begin to decline.

Leota looks in decline now. He still can play at a very high level but not week in week out.

hindy111

Post Whore

Cowboys rest 6 players. Tab had Panthers at $1.35 favourites. I thought Cowboys where great odds though

Chins get the wins

First Grade
In my post I never said he has. I said he will turn 30. Time catches up with everyone. Yeo might be great untill he is 33 which is 4 more seasons.
But he could start to decline also in 2025. He has played a lot of footy. A betting man would say by 2026/2027 he will begin to decline.

Leota looks in decline now. He still can play at a very high level but not week in week out.
Yeo will just move to prop and be a gun till he retires.

This is still normal Leota at this point. f**ks around all year mostly then goes BANG in the finals.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Question for those more in the know, did Coley come off due to his quad injury, he played 68 minutes. I noticed he was off towards the end, but didn't see the circumstances.
I think he picked up the Quad injury at training. I’m sure that’s what was said in the injury update, unless I miss heard
Losing not at full strength isn't an issue for me, It is the same guys who are struggling at full strength that continue to do so.

I'd have no issue losing games like on the weekend if the senior guys are playing well.

Like on the weekend, The guys on debut made a couple of errors that is to be expected. Even Toelau's error is part of learning.

Alamoti putting a kickoff out on the full
Tago basic drop coming off the line - Cows scored next set.
Sorro was the one to throw the stupid offload that we burnt our challenge on?

That is the stuff that has been the constant and adding the rep guys will help somethings...not those things.

Not sure getting full strength and running through a seemingly easy part of the draw is a great preparation. Compared to prior years when we can ease and rest guys on the back of great form
You are sweating the little things.

Players make mistakes, like all humans, great players get over the mistakes and focus on what’s next.

If only fans did the same.

We’ve won 3 premierships on the trot, this team knows what it’s doing.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I think he picked up the Quad injury at training. I’m sure that’s what was said in the injury update, unless I miss heard

You are sweating the little things.

Players make mistakes, like all humans, great players get over the mistakes and focus on what’s next.

If only fans did the same.

We’ve won 3 premierships on the trot, this team knows what it’s doing.
In a vacuum the team that played the Cows didn't know shit. The path to victory was simple yet they pretty much went away from it at every opportunity.