What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Storm

justadragon

Bench
Clearly upset that McGregor was shafted. He was never staying after the coach deservedly got punted
agree, there was a lot of white noise about contracts etc, but he was annoyed over the McGregor scenario. Anyway the end result is he is probably in a better place right now at the sharks because here we are talking about coaches at the Dragons again and what the current coach lifespan is.

Illusion

Bench
agree, there was a lot of white noise about contracts etc, but he was annoyed over the McGregor scenario. Anyway the end result is he is probably in a better place right now at the sharks because here we are talking about coaches at the Dragons again and what the current coach lifespan is.
Same crap from the board signing Hook to another year before a ball was kicked this year ..... So we have no choice but cop it .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Same crap from the board signing Hook to another year before a ball was kicked this year ..... So we have no choice but cop it .....
The same crap from the same crappy Board with the same crappy crap. What a load of crap.

It is just a load of smelly rubbish dished up out of the Board's too hard basket. Why wait until September to decide on the future of our dear friend Anthony Griffin? He has done things as requested by us in 2021 and we have punished the players who ignored his "order" not to have the BBQ. He is a good man. We want to keep him for 2023. He is a good man.......

justadragon

Bench
Thought Hook was right to keep him on the bench as he needed time to adjust to first grade however, now due to the draw and after seeing him play MEL, he's ready to swap with AM in playing minutes.
I agree, but it really pains me that we should use him as a 9 because of the crisis we are in with that position, the kid is an out and out half back, a natural half back, he should be the 7, not getting belted in the forwards, and Hunt regardless if he wants to be a 9 or not should be there

Mojo

Bench
I agree, but it really pains me that we should use him as a 9 because of the crisis we are in with that position, the kid is an out and out half back, a natural half back, he should be the 7, not getting belted in the forwards, and Hunt regardless if he wants to be a 9 or not should be there
I agree. This is a genuine question which I've asked before: has Hunt actually stated that he doesn't want to play at hooker? I know some people get pissed-off with the repeated suggestion but he's paid a heck of a lot of money to play for the club. I would expect that if he's a good team man and a true professional, which I believe he is, he'd be more than willing to play where the coach tells him to.

It's not a trivial issue. Our club is currently hampered by the hooker position and, IMO, Hunt is one of the best hookers in the comp. He's certainly a better hooker than he is halfback. With Muhleisen coming through, we could have the hooker role covered for years into the future, with the proper development. Also IMO, Sullivan is a good and potentially great halfback and is also the key to Amone (and possibly Sloane) hitting his straps in first grade. There's a really solid line-up and real future depth available to us which hinges upon Hunt going to hooker.

justadragon

Bench
I agree. This is a genuine question which I've asked before: has Hunt actually stated that he doesn't want to play at hooker? I know some people get pissed-off with the repeated suggestion but he's paid a heck of a lot of money to play for the club. I would expect that if he's a good team man and a true professional, which I believe he is, he'd be more than willing to play where the coach tells him to.

It's not a trivial issue. Our club is currently hampered by the hooker position and, IMO, Hunt is one of the best hookers in the comp. He's certainly a better hooker than he is halfback. With Muhleisen coming through, we could have the hooker role covered for years into the future, with the proper development. Also IMO, Sullivan is a good and potentially great halfback and is also the key to Amone (and possibly Sloane) hitting his straps in first grade. There's a really solid line-up and real future depth available to us which hinges upon Hunt going to hooker.
100% Mojo, I couldnt tell you if Hunt wants the 9 or not and likewise I dont know if Hook see's him as a 9, as I've said before he can do from 9 what he does from 7, defensively it may be an issue but he has done it at SOO level.

slippery5

Juniors
IMO we've got as much chance of Hunt playing Hooker this year as we have of winning the 2022 premiership
1. Hook wont do it
2. Hunt doesnt want it...........end of
Point 2. is the correct reason because Hunt is for himself & even commented the other day regarding Origin that his preferred position is 7, not what's best for the team. He wants to be the centre of attention in the most important position in team & Griffin hasn't got the balls to upset him.

justadragon

Bench
Point 2. is the correct reason because Hunt is for himself & even commented the other day regarding Origin that his preferred position is 7, not what's best for the team. He wants to be the centre of attention in the most important position in team & Griffin hasn't got the balls to upset him.
Dont know if I'm going to step into that one Slippery5, but even at the beginning of last season hook said he saw hunt as a 7, and you know what happens when he digs his heels in.

Mojo

Bench
100% Mojo, I couldnt tell you if Hunt wants the 9 or not and likewise I dont know if Hook see's him as a 9, as I've said before he can do from 9 what he does from 7, defensively it may be an issue but he has done it at SOO level.
We'd also have triple the kicking options in attack. The way the best sides play the game these days, I think hooker now plays a more important, more central, role than halfback.

True_Believer

Juniors
Did he actually say he doesn't care what's best for the team? Is he not allowed to have a preferred position? And even if he is, is he not allowed to state that? I think this is being a bit over dramatic.

justadragon

Bench
Did he actually say he doesn't care what's best for the team? Is he not allowed to have a preferred position? And even if he is, is he not allowed to state that? I think this is being a bit over dramatic.
hunt is allowed to think and say whatever he wants, but then again so are we, i cant speak for everyone but there is a clear deficiency at 9 and most members believe that hunt would be the best option to fill that role whilst also making room for sullivan. mind you nothing will change or make any difference with what we say, but it is a discussion forum and thats all it is, if sometimes it may look dramatic then so be it, who cares

Dragon David

First Grade
hunt is allowed to think and say whatever he wants, but then again so are we, i cant speak for everyone but there is a clear deficiency at 9 and most members believe that hunt would be the best option to fill that role whilst also making room for sullivan. mind you nothing will change or make any difference with what we say, but it is a discussion forum and thats all it is, if sometimes it may look dramatic then so be it, who cares
That's all I'm doing. Just having a say to pass the time away but being the best I can in my expressions and beliefs. Most of us want to get things off our chests when things are not going so well and most of us want to express our delight when things are going well. I'd like to think that we all like to have balanced views and keep the conversations going in more or less a civil tone. We are very fortunate to have this Forum where we as members come from all walks in life with lots of Dragons knowledge and information and mainly views of the games and concerns where it is needed. Good on us I say.

Sounds like I'm a goody gumdrops guy - sorry!

justadragon

Bench
That's all I'm doing. Just having a say to pass the time away but being the best I can in my expressions and beliefs. Most of us want to get things off our chests when things are not going so well and most of us want to express our delight when things are going well. I'd like to think that we all like to have balanced views and keep the conversations going in more or less a civil tone. We are very fortunate to have this Forum where we as members come from all walks in life with lots of Dragons knowledge and information and mainly views of the games and concerns where it is needed. Good on us I say.

Sounds like I'm a goody gumdrops guy - sorry!
no need for apologies Dave, its actually a good thing that everyone on the forum gets to see other members POV, regardless if you agree dont agree, its a discussion that sometimes expresses passion. the common theme here is everyone wants the club to be mighty again, and thats the most important thing , different ages personalities gender make for good debate, and so it should, its our voice and outlet as dragons supporters.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
When Hunt played hooker in 2020, Clune at 7 barely saw any ball. I thought at the time that that spoke of his commitment to the team.

To be honest, I'd probably do the same but it wouldn't make either of us great team men.

justadragon

Bench
When Hunt played hooker in 2020, Clune at 7 barely saw any ball. I thought at the time that that spoke of his commitment to the team.

To be honest, I'd probably do the same but it wouldn't make either of us great team men.
yeah good point mate, id imagine your're referring to our beloved mr norman, the difference is this time he would have to use either amone or sullivan, unless he wants to run the whole show from 9.

Latest posts