What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Same. Not because I don't think he's good enough but because I don't think his attitude fits the current culture of the side. I don't want him to be a bad influence.
He’s going to need to grow as a leader at some point. Hopefully the team forces that.

perverse

Referee
That supposed hair pull on Lui was a turning point. He had hold of his jumper.
You can't put half of his back off limits because Lui doesn't wear a bun.
Yeah it was rough, and very unlucky. We had a lot of unlucky calls go against us tonight, and a few little things that weren't picked up. They were things that would have made us drop our bundle in the past.

The entire 15 minutes after half time was just murder and we never really recovered. Credit to Penrith that they didn't let us recover too. We just hung in there til the death.

Apey

Staff member
Just had nothing left in the tank unfortunately. The good news is that we beat ourselves. The bad news is that we beat ourselves.
Yeah we were physically f**ked in that second half. Absolutely cooked. Brought it upon ourselves though.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Getting penalised for saying FMD after Luai should’ve been penalised for his 2nd and 3rd effort?
Weak as piss.

Gagai allegedly said, “F**k me dead,” but Gough wasn’t buying the Knights star and skipper Tyson Frizell’s assertion it wasn’t directed at the referee.

Tom155

Coach
We got some dud calls + killed our selves with errors but a side note wtf was Fitz thinking even chancing that hit on Cleary on the fg

Got away with it this time but its just asking for trouble

perverse

Referee
We lost because we dropped the ball 20 times after half time and couldn't kick a goal, not because laui has long hair
10000%. The game was there to be won, and we choked in the crucial stage after half time. If we make even half the errors during that period, we maybe get home there.

Tom155

Coach
We got some dud calls + killed our selves with errors but a side note wtf was Fitz thinking even chancing that hit on Cleary on the fg

Forgot to add our forever constant dud goal kicking

slotmachine

First Grade
10000%. The game was there to be won, and we choked in the crucial stage after half time. If we make even half the errors during that period, we maybe get home there.

Would have had more petrol in the tank for golden point at least. Panthers strolled 65m in their only set to kick the FG

perverse

Referee

Fitz is just dumb, and one of the few remaining loose cannons in the team that just regularly produces those clangers. He really did get away with it, I thought it'd be a penalty for all money.

perverse

Referee
Still a dud rule you have long hair you run the risk of it getting pulled during contact sport

Opposing team should not be penalised if it happens
Yeah I think the "common sense" interpretation there is that Friz can't even make an attempt to tackle him otherwise, and it was certainly accidental. Letter of the law it's a penalty though unfortunately.

Latest posts