What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.16 v’s Cowboys

Iamback

Coach
Imo the turning point was when we were cruising at 22-12 and sorro hits Townsend late. From then on we shit the bed and numerous players came up with dump errors after that but before that penalty we were cruising and after that it went to shit. Townsend was kicking from his own 40 at the most why risk hitting him after kicks there’s zero to be gained from it just wrap him up like we always do and let dyl take the catch and run 20 metres.

Re peach, he had a shocker, yeah he can come up with some really nice plays and his defence has been fine but geez he can do some dumb shit. Not just the error at the end I can think of 3 or 4 more really shit plays from him tonight. Feels like he can’t be trusted in big moments, for every diamond he serves up 3 rocks doesn’t pass when he should, forces passes when he shouldn’t, really disappointing. Give cole or jenkins the back up spot.

Again that is on Ivan.

Garner and Spencer should of came on then to give the energy and fresh legs needed

Iamback

Coach
With pretty much every team on 18 points having a bye.

Sets up some big games next week. Hopefully we can get a couple to back up

mxlegend99

Referee
We played much better than I expected to be honest. Half our side were reserve graders.

Salmon impressed me the most. Kinda faded the second half like most of the team. But I think he's the better halves partner for Luai until Nathan is fit.

Peachey is a ball hog who shouldn't be picked again. We've seen him bomb tries or nearly bomb tries before by going himself and then throwing an offload once he realised he couldn't score (like against Roosters). But last nights one was unforgivable.

Only problem with Salmon at 6 for the short term is it means we gotta keep Luke on the bench who hasnt really been effective in a long time.

Iamback

Coach
We played much better than I expected to be honest. Half our side were reserve graders.

Salmon impressed me the most. Kinda faded the second half like most of the team. But I think he's the better halves partner for Luai until Nathan is fit.

Peachey is a ball hog who shouldn't be picked again. We've seen him bomb tries or nearly bomb tries before by going himself and then throwing an offload once he realised he couldn't score (like against Roosters). But last nights one was unforgivable.

Only problem with Salmon at 6 for the short term is it means we gotta keep Luke on the bench who hasnt really been effective in a long time.

Our defence was poor, that was unexpected for me

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Our defence was poor, that was unexpected for me
Poor defence on the edges and very poor discipline cost us the game.

I was also quite disappointed with Ivan’s comments to the team at half time. Assuming that they were reported accurately.

Very disappointing game

Iamback

Coach
Poor defence on the edges and very poor discipline cost us the game.

I was also quite disappointed with Ivan’s comments to the team at half time. Assuming that they were reported accurately.

Very disappointing game

Just goes with Ivan having an off night, poor use of the bench goes with the poor comments

murraymob

Coach
The thing I love about this team after the game win or lose they walk the fences take photos sign things bag them all you want not all sides do this
It was not just the amount of players out but the strike position they played in that hurt.but so far no one has put us away this year.At full strength we got this

mxlegend99

Referee
The thing I love about this team after the game win or lose they walk the fences take photos sign things bag them all you want not all sides do this
It was not just the amount of players out but the strike position they played in that hurt.but so far no one has put us away this year.At full strength we got this
The fact we would have won in regular time not for goal kicking is pretty impressive tbh.

Cowboys had a few out. But from the 5 missing from the side that destroyed Storm. They brought in Feldt and Taumalolo which really offsets a couple of those losses and their spine was still all first graders including their regular 1, 6 and 7.

I think we can take a lot away from that game.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The fact we would have won in regular time not for goal kicking is pretty impressive tbh.

Cowboys had a few out. But from the 5 missing from the side that destroyed Storm. They brought in Feldt and Taumalolo which really offsets a couple of those losses and their spine was still all first graders including their regular 1, 6 and 7.

I think we can take a lot away from that game.

I agree. There were some good lessons learnt after last nights game. The biggest is you don't ever take your foot off the throat to an opponent. Cleary said that (using other words in last night's presser.)

As I said last night. I can live with last night's result. Help drive the hunger for a 3 peat.