What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Canberra

Nealo 12

First Grade
It has to click soon for us or the front runners will get to much of a head start, points are a concern ... fair dinkum how many gimme tries have we bombed

BxTom

Bench
Yeah a few good moments but like a lot of guys from that era never reached the heights they could of like the team that came after.
He was probably responsible for winning 3 or 4 (?) games for us, but other than that he wasn't good enough to be first choice in any position. Small spurts of brilliance and a lot of pretty ordinary.

The Realist

Juniors
He was probably responsible for winning 3 or 4 (?) games for us, but other than that he wasn't good enough to be first choice in any position. Small spurts of brilliance and a lot of pretty ordinary.

I think that is a little harsh. Peach was a little too much of a jack of all trades, Master of none and it hurt his career.

A little too small to be a proper backrower. A little too loose to be an Elite Centre. Very skillful but not quite skillful enough to command a position in the halves.

Fitness and laziness in defence were his biggest flaws. He is a great #14 though, and at his best Easily far better than a player like Salmon.

I really think Peach missed his calling as a running 5/8 behind an experienced dominant halfback.

BxTom

Bench
I think that is a little harsh. Peach was a little too much of a jack of all trades, Master of none and it hurt his career.

A little too small to be a proper backrower. A little too loose to be an Elite Centre. Very skillful but not quite skillful enough to command a position in the halves.

Fitness and laziness in defence were his biggest flaws. He is a great #14 though, and at his best Easily far better than a player like Salmon.

I really think Peach missed his calling as a running 5/8 behind an experienced dominant halfback.
Yep, I'd pretty well agree with this summation. Just a bit better put than mine. :)

WestyLife

First Grade

We're probably all making the same point with different wording.

betcats

Referee
Peach had a great year or two for us at centre, really that period was the only time in his career he was given a position to stick with, the rest of career hes been bench/utility type who has played all over the park. Not expecting much from him tonight, not sure his passing game is up to playing hooker if that is the plan. If he can run like he did for us a long time ago maybe he can do something but I doubt that.

betcats

Referee
the one thing I do like about tonights team is L Smith getting a run over Huth. Not bagging Huth he can do a job for us if required but I think Lindsay can do bit more running the ball he has a nice step or swerve on some of his runs that sees him beat a tackler every now and then, plus he is 23 he has done his time in reserve grade and will continue that when Martin is back but if he is a genuine first grade option going forward he should be getting those minutes over Huth I think.

Last edited: