What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25 v Gold Coast

Girds89

Bench
We don’t have a speedster. Haven’t had over this four year journey. But it isn’t part of our makeup our strengths are different. No side can deliver what our back three or five do, it is the cornerstone of our success.

Our back 5 are incredible...

I do think critta can go mia at times.. but he does come up with a big play!

I think tonight ennis said hed had 3 runs for 20m at the 40min mark...

Not really good enough.. butbhe delivers when it counts i guess

Girds89

Bench
It was 22-14 with 15 mins to go. Against a side out of the top 8 that was severly weakened.

10 of those points came against 12 men.

You think Ivan will be happy with that?

Read my post... hell come out and say he is butbi think he will be ok...

We are leaving plenty out there in terms of trick plays and defence intensity...

I think he is clearly planning long term.. maybe flogging the boys atm knowing a few weeks off hopefully

Girds89

Bench
Correct. Watch his try in the Parra trial that shows enough speed

Critta and jenkins arent speedsters...

Thats just a fact. They are just normal speed..

Give them a god gap from 40 or 50 put and theyll get it done but they aint going to burn some other opposite but running around them..

Girds89

Bench
Can we all just take a moment and applaud the unsung hero again...

Dylan with 303m with ball in hand.. had a hand in a try...

Deadset i think hes our best player...

Yeah yeo and cleary can have blinders... 12/10 performances every 4 or 5 weeks...

Dylan is a 10 every week... never a 12/10... just a 10...

Even his avg games are a 8/10...

I truly think hes become our best player...

What he does for our team on and off the ball just defines the Panthers.

Not the most talented but all heart, all effort and 110% commitment every week and he does it better than anyone

MrBlack

Juniors
Titans are a much better team than their ladder position suggests.
outstanding foward pack, great fullback, and speed to burn.

we were off a bit, but had plenty of players out.

personally pretty happy with the game.

we are guaranteed top 2 now so can rest players and start prep for the finals.

Iamback

Coach
Critta and jenkins arent speedsters...

Thats just a fact. They are just normal speed..

Give them a god gap from 40 or 50 put and theyll get it done but they aint going to burn some other opposite but running around them..

If someone can score regular 80m tries. I called that a speedster that is what both can do.

Fangs

Coach
FMD some of you guys need an uppercut.

You need fall guys to justify why we weren’t perfect and didn’t put 60 on the Titans.

Its pathetic.

Been hitting the black beers? I rate the kiwi beer Monteiths.

All fans you know this. Gotta have a point of difference.

Iamback

Coach
Read my post... hell come out and say he is butbi think he will be ok...

We are leaving plenty out there in terms of trick plays and defence intensity...

I think he is clearly planning long term.. maybe flogging the boys atm knowing a few weeks off hopefully

We had plenty of guys out to take too much from it.

What we can take is what we are discussing, Jenkins is next winger up. Hosking bench edge

Girds89

Bench
If someone can score regular 80m tries. I called that a speedster that is what both can do.

Mate critta got chased down by dce in origin... dce who covers the most meters on ground next to nath... dce was out on his feet when he got him to and critta was fresh with a low work rste...

That is not a speedster. Not even close.

You are dilusional if you think otherwise and just way to panthers biased.

Jenkins is slightly quicker but hes no speedster...

The two quickest blokes we have had over the last few years are laurie and Staines.

Both slightly different.. daine was very quick over 30 or 40... staines was quick over longer once he got going he kept getting quicker..

Its the main reason you see laurie often beat a man and get caught and staines never really can burn a man..

The last player we really truly had who was a speedster was a young mj... before he baulked up...

He could burn a player flat footed.... he could get a ball from a standing start and burn a centre or winger...

He slowed down as he got older and added 4 or 5kgs to his frame but he had speed...

He was a speedster.

Critta and jenkins dont have that... not even close.. not even close!

One thing to not is speed with and with and witjout the ball...

Staines was lightning without the ball but he lost a lot of pace with it in hand...

Jenno was a bloke that was as quick with the ball in hand as he was without it..

Speed isnt scoring a try from 40 or 50 out when its set up for you...

Its being able to burn a man when your one on one when your carrying the ball...

We havent had a player like that since mj...

But we have had the best metre eater all round backs in the comp...

I think daeon in an open field would blitz most our backs but like coates hes takes 20 or so to get going

Kilkenny

Coach
Classic grumpy old man Kilkenny tonight. We are just football nerds who love to discuss very minor details
Your full of shit mate.

You talk someone up in Jenkins only to carve them up.

Again I’m far from grumpy, thought it was another solid performance and everyone did there job.

You do what you do, most see thru it, just bullshit.

Girds89

Bench
We had plenty of guys out to take too much from it.

What we can take is what we are discussing, Jenkins is next winger up. Hosking bench edge

Maybe this year...

Mclean will be next man up next year..

Salmon will be the 17. Ivan likes the fact he has a bloke on the bench that can cover the halfs...

It wasnt needed tonight as cogger covers that.

In terms of next year... Hosking will start the year ahead of mav but the club clearly has a play there...

Ive been asking for burns back simce we got blacker... im really hoping this is who blade is talking about..

He is a class nrl player.. with a god coach in a good team i truly think hed be close to origin level.

He has speed, an offload, can hit a hole and plays 80 every week...

Hosking has done really good but hes just a solid player.

Hes best has been like a normal game for soro...

Soro...

Shame tyrell may is locked up...

This would be brilliant if we could make it happen...

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Marto
Yeo

Luke
Smith
May
Burns

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His last prior happened in round 21 last year and is thus over 12 months, so he has no priors. This means he'd get 2 weeks if it's a grade 3 and takes the early guilty. Hard to be sure but it doesn't look that bad. Maybe a grade 2, which would be 1 week with early guilty. It was his turn to be rested anyway.

That will be hopefully a huge help. Could it be just a grade 1 ?

Iamback

Coach
Maybe this year...

Mclean will be next man up next year..

Salmon will be the 17. Ivan likes the fact he has a bloke on the bench that can cover the halfs...

It wasnt needed tonight as cogger covers that.

In terms of next year... Hosking will start the year ahead of mav but the club clearly has a play there...

Ive been asking for burns back simce we got blacker... im really hoping this is who blade is talking about..

He is a class nrl player.. with a god coach in a good team i truly think hed be close to origin level.

He has speed, an offload, can hit a hole and plays 80 every week...

Hosking has done really good but hes just a solid player.

Hes best has been like a normal game for soro...

Soro...

Shame tyrell may is locked up...

This would be brilliant if we could make it happen...

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Marto
Yeo

Luke
Smith
May
Burns

I want to see what Hosking can do in the middle before I put him in the average FG category. He is still raw so still has some growth to go

Latest posts