What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25 v Gold Coast

Girds89

Bench
He wouldn't came after them on insta if he was struggling. Rested is probably the case though no point burning the guys out

Im really not so sure... hes never posted like this in the past to my knowledge...

I think as much as players say the media doesnt affect them etc it clearly would....

I mean this year hes recieved death threats... he gets hammered by the same journalists weekly and he gets smashed on social media... plus he lost his blues spot..

The way ivan handled the presser i tend to think he was maybe given the week off to just process things...

I said at the time it was strange... i think people think jerome is just some super hero and all this stuff wouldn't get to him... bit he has a wife and family that read and hear all this crap too..

I think people would be a touch niave to think it has had no affect at all

Iamback

Coach
Im really not so sure... hes never posted like this in the past to my knowledge...

I think as much as players say the media doesnt affect them etc it clearly would....

I mean this year hes recieved death threats... he gets hammered by the same journalists weekly and he gets smashed on social media... plus he lost his blues spot..

The way ivan handled the presser i tend to think he was maybe given the week off to just process things...

I said at the time it was strange... i think people think jerome is just some super hero and all this stuff wouldn't get to him... bit he has a wife and family that read and hear all this crap too..

I think people would be a touch niave to think it has had no affect at all

There is zero requirement for a player to be on Social Media. Even less to have comments turned on.

Ivan told Nathan to get off it when it waa affecting him. Same would apply here.

easy enough to put a person being sick down to a cold. Likely that happened here and was still sick so got it checked

Fangs

Coach
Not specifically media scrutiny that hurts the players I think, just the crowd mob that comes with it.

I don't think many people are disciplined enough to use social media and not read the comments/DMs. Even if you say you perform better when criticised there is a breaking point. It would be wise to shut them out completely.

I'd rather it be taken out of the players hands but its their platform not the club's.

snickers007

Juniors

It's winter, and there is a super flu going round. NRL players aren't immune to that stuff.
He didn't train last week, didn't travel to Manly with the team.
Not sure why we can't take the club's word on that?

Sounds like you're thoroughly overthinking this.

Girds89

Bench
There is zero requirement for a player to be on Social Media. Even less to have comments turned on.

Ivan told Nathan to get off it when it waa affecting him. Same would apply here.

easy enough to put a person being sick down to a cold. Likely that happened here and was still sick so got it checked

Yeah but jerome is obviously on social media...

The fact he retailiating to journos says to me it is getting to him...

Someone with no cares doesnt take the bite so to speak.. hes obviously listening to whats being said...

If jerome purely had just the flu i dont see why ivan wouldve needed to be so secretive about it in the post match the other week.. definitely was covering something up

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not specifically media scrutiny that hurts the players I think, just the crowd mob that comes with it.

I don't think many people are disciplined enough to use social media and not read the comments/DMs. Even if you say you perform better when criticised there is a breaking point. It would be wise to shut them out completely.

I'd rather it be taken out of the players hands but its their platform not the club's.

Yep the pile in. It must be pretty horrible. Luai has copped heaps this year from the media, and opposition fans.
Some of it, was of his own making, but that still doesn'r make it right.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It's winter, and there is a super flu going round. NRL players aren't immune to that stuff.

We don't know. On a side note, isn't it comforting to note that our club DOESN'T leak like a sieve.

Girds89

Bench

Haha.. mate ivan always plays smoke and mirrors...

Look at tago... no one at the club can give any update... the weekly injury updates seem to come when the club are happy to give out info... if its something more they are much more secretive and dont give anything..

Which is fine btw.....

but i tend to think if luai is struggling than the club should maybe have a stronger public stance of support... ban hooper from doing media duties at panthers or just dont answer any questions he has.

If he simply had the flu i dont see the need to play silly buggers and just not say so..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Haha.. mate ivan always plays smoke and mirrors...

Look at tago... no one at the club can give any update... the weekly injury updates seem to come when the club are happy to give out info... if its something more they are much more secretive and dont give anything..

Which is fine btw.....

but i tend to think if luai is struggling than the club should maybe have a stronger public stance of support... ban hooper from doing media duties at panthers or just dont answer any questions he has.

If he simply had the flu i dont see the need to play silly buggers and just not say so..

Or are we as fans, just overthinking it all.

Girds89

Bench

That just said due to illness.. than ivan was really coy about it...

Anyway this is a forum... where we can all come to discuss things...

Its going nothing to do with overthinking it... its just a topic of discussion like other threads on this forum..

I tend to think theres more to it than the club let on... but we probs wont ever know i guess..

Iamback

Coach
Yeah but jerome is obviously on social media...

The fact he retailiating to journos says to me it is getting to him...

Someone with no cares doesnt take the bite so to speak.. hes obviously listening to whats being said...

If jerome purely had just the flu i dont see why ivan wouldve needed to be so secretive about it in the post match the other week.. definitely was covering something up

Yes he is. So he'd shut it down if it was getting to him, That was my point. He is on it by choice and can shut it down quickly if he needs too.

He likes the everyone is against me mentality. Posting that ensures he keeps getting that go his way.

Ivan said he was ill. Why do you need to know the ins and outs of players injuries or not?

Iamback

Coach

Yep. I will often get throat infections following a cold. As a result it knocks me out for longer. I imagine getting through a meaningless game or 2 would be hell.

No need to risk anyone

Girds89

Bench
Yes he is. So he'd shut it down if it was getting to him, That was my point. He is on it by choice and can shut it down quickly if he needs too.

He likes the everyone is against me mentality. Posting that ensures he keeps getting that go his way.

Ivan said he was ill. Why do you need to know the ins and outs of players injuries or not?
Its a forum mate... people come here to discuss things and speculate...

Would be boring as f@ck otherwise

Unless you know jerome personally than you couldn't have a clue how hes feeling... which means youre speculating as much as i am...

The fact is if you choice to believe ivan thats great... if you think he was ill thats fine. Ivan is well know to play games.

I think there might have been more to it.. im not trying to make something of nothing... its a forum and im just discussing stuff.

Its not like anyone from panthers or jerome read this...

murraymob

Coach

Unless you know jerome personally than you couldn't have a clue how hes feeling... which means youre speculating as much as i am...

The fact is if you choice to believe ivan thats great... if you think he was ill thats fine. Ivan is well know to play games.

I think there might have been more to it.. im not trying to make something of nothing... its a forum and im just discussing stuff.

Panthers used to hello rob weaver if you still kicking

Iamback

Coach

I don't need to know him.

As I said he is on their by choice, 90% of the hate he gets is due to his posting habits.

Why would a professional athlete do something that affects them? The fact he is slow on there, opening trolling people shows it has no affect

You always complain about the lack of injury info but it is no ones concern expect for those in the inner circle

Girds89

Bench
I don't need to know him.

As I said he is on their by choice, 90% of the hate he gets is due to his posting habits.

Why would a professional athlete do something that affects them? The fact he is slow on there, opening trolling people shows it has no affect

You always complain about the lack of injury info but it is no ones concern expect for those in the inner circle

Mate if you dont know him there is absolutely no way in the world you can know whats going through his head...

Did it ever occur to you that maybe hes on the socials still to connect with the 1000s of people that actually look up to him and adore him..

Simply giving it away might seem easy to you but maybe it isnt to him..

My point is neither of is know... you are speculating as much as i am..

90% of the hate he gets its due to his antics on field... most of the people that follow him are fans lol... not the haters haha..