What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Dargons @Bluebet

Chins get the wins

First Grade
View attachment 88634

giphy.gif
Very obvious choice with Nathan out

betcats

Referee
If he does go Teddy. Naming a different capt gives him the out of dropping Teddy later in series.

It makes a lot of sense to me to make another captain at this point even if teddy is still getting picked. Argued last year they should name a co captain with teddy, this year with a new coach a new captain entirely shouldn’t be an issue. We’ve had two series losses in a row? 3 out of the last 4. Can’t feel entitled to anything with that being the recent results.

Iamback

Coach
If he is any doubt, It would be wise. We all saw how Maguire ran an injired Inglis into the ground.

apparently he wants guys that can train all week. All we need is a 1-2 week injury. We keep him out until Newcastle game

age.s

First Grade
I tend to agree you should probably name Teddy captain if you pick him. No matter how you dress it up, the only reason you strip him of the captaincy is if you don't have 100% faith in him being the most suitable player in his position. The player will always feel that and you don't want a guy playing who feels he shouldn't be there, especially when he's being picked for experience/reliability. You're better off just picking the other guy.

Thats not to say they won't do it though. Nor would it even rank ing the top 10 worst selection decisions I've seen NSW pull.

Pomoz

Bench
I tend to agree you should probably name Teddy captain if you pick him. No matter how you dress it up, the only reason you strip him of the captaincy is if you don't have 100% faith in him being the most suitable player in his position. The player will always feel that and you don't want a guy playing who feels he shouldn't be there, especially when he's being picked for experience/reliability. You're better off just picking the other guy.

Thats not to say they won't do it though. Nor would it even rank ing the top 10 worst selection decisions I've seen NSW pull.
Soften the blow by picking co-captains. "To help with the workload, the game is so fast sometimes you need help. A new era, we are trying something different..etc". Tedesco saves face and a plan B is now ready, just in case.

Personally I hope he picks Teddy, Hynes and Walker and leaves our team alone. We don't need SOO injuries. Yeo is a certainty though and it would be massive kudos if he was a co-captain. He would deserve it.

blue bags

First Grade

Teddy fullback. Eddie winger

Hooked

Juniors
Mav and Toelau were put on report in yesterday's NSW cup match. Soni Luke injured his hamstring.

Latest posts