What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.3 v Broncos

Kilkenny

Coach
Kevvie has confirmed it. I think the Haas replacement is as big if not bigger. Huge wraps on him.

Big game, be nice to get the two points in this one. Storm, Eels, Broncos and Roosters start to this season doesn’t get much tougher so you’d almost be happy with a 2-2 start.

Despite the usual doubts around Matt E he rarely lets us down and does his job. The other contenders just haven't done enough in NSW Cup at this stage To force there way into the 17.

Iamback

Coach
Kevvie has confirmed it. I think the Haas replacement is as big if not bigger. Huge wraps on him.

Big game, be nice to get the two points in this one. Storm, Eels, Broncos and Roosters start to this season doesn’t get much tougher so you’d almost be happy with a 2-2 start.

Despite the usual doubts around Matt E he rarely lets us down and does his job. The other contenders just haven't done enough in NSW Cup at this stage To force there way into the 17.

It isn't that Matt E won't do a job, It is what was the best way to fill that role

Kilkenny

Coach
It isn't that Matt E won't do a job, It is what was the best way to fill that role
I get that mate.

I’ve gone and watched both NSW Cup games and certainly Riki, Geyer and Lisati just haven’t done enough. Jordan Grant I thought perhaps could have been an option, he has performed as well or better than the other three in NSW Cup. If 20-25 minutes is all that is required Grant could have been an alternative but I think Matt E will be fine.

What would I know anyway Grant wasn’t even named in the provisional squad Geyer and Riki were. I hope both Geyer and Riki earn a debut at sometime this season, perhaps this week wasn’t the game to do it, I don’t know.

Kilkenny

Coach
Watching Ivan’s pre-game media conference he wasn’t the usual Ivan, particularly around talk about Taylan May. You could be forgiven for thinking you were watching a Wayne Bennett presser. Bit disappointing, he is normally much more informative, it wasn’t one of his better press talks generally, not just about Taylan.

Iamback

Coach
I get that mate.

I’ve gone and watched both NSW Cup games and certainly Riki, Geyer and Lisati just haven’t done enough. Jordan Grant I thought perhaps could have been an option, he has performed as well or better than the other three in NSW Cup. If 20-25 minutes is all that is required Grant could have been an alternative but I think Matt E will be fine.

What would I know anyway Grant wasn’t even named in the provisional squad Geyer and Riki were. I hope both Geyer and Riki earn a debut at sometime this season, perhaps this week wasn’t the game to do it, I don’t know.

The way I see it is 15 mins off the bench now, gets them better prepared for when they are needed in bigger roles later in the year

hindy111

Post Whore
NRL you have to force your way into the side by really strong and consistent performance. Ideally virtually demand selection of the back of your form. I understand your point .

Penrith have a tough start to the season. Rooster and Manly away after this one. Must take the wins while you can. A 0/5 start was not completely out of the picture when draw released.
Beat the Broncos and your atleast 2/5 and still potentially 4 with maybe your toughest period over.

Kilkenny

Coach
Penrith have a tough start to the season. Rooster and Manly away after this one. Must take the wins while you can. A 0/5 start was not completely out of the picture when draw released.
Beat the Broncos and your atleast 2/5 and still potentially 4 with maybe your toughest period over.
This shapes up as a really challenging season for everyone.

If you can find the top four with a lazy $50 you might just pick up a grand If there is an outsider in there.

He got 18 mins in Round 1.

I can't see him getting much more this week, So it is minimal minutes at home. Perfect time to debut someone.

NSW Cup are 2/2 they have guys going well in several positions so lets not pretend the side is full of bums
Who would’ve you picked ahead of Eisenhuth?

maple_69

Bench
Kilkenny and those who have watched Cup, how has Price looked? By the numbers he has played big minutes, good go forward and no errors but has missed some tackles. Does he look a decent chance of making the NRL and what type of role does he look suited to on the big team? Hell of a pedigree.

Iamback

Coach
Kilkenny and those who have watched Cup, how has Price looked? By the numbers he has played big minutes, good go forward and no errors but has missed some tackles. Does he look a decent chance of making the NRL and what type of role does he look suited to on the big team? Hell of a pedigree.

He has looked pretty good. He looks in the Martin mould so he misses tackles after being aggressive in defence, as opposed to having a poor techinque

Iamback

Coach
Who would’ve you picked ahead of Eisenhuth?

If I could pick anyone Grant, He is unavailable until Round 11.

So it would be Mav, He looks to be coasting in NSW Cup but that could be boredom.

He was 18th man in England. Went to Melbourne but missed the cut
Has been in the final 19 the last 2 games.

So he is clearly in the frame from Ivan.

Martin is a certainty for Origin, If Garner or Sorro aren't available during that time.

He looks the next up, So I think the limited time I see that forward getting. A stint from him is better for the side in the long run or we see he is a dud and move to someone else for that time

betcats

Referee

He is solid, agreesive a bit small though. A bit of a hitter pulled of some good shots the last two weeks.

murraymob

Coach
Interesting thing about the game
Alexander a on the board at Penrith talking about a game being covered by fox at Penrith will most likely be in a studio in Sydney .Years gone by commentators would be at the grounds

As a person whose friends are predominately Broncos fans - I want the Panthers to be absolutely ruthless in the second half. No more points let him and I want Panthers to score another 3-4 tries.

hindy111

Post Whore
Game kinda ruined with no Walsh,Reynolds,Hass,JFH.....
Nathan has been WOW

I find Jerome Luai severely overrated. The Tigers paid a million for that?

murraymob

Coach
We need to just go on and win now.Broncos well down on troops and struggling .Its a good opportunity for a few down on form guys to stand and shine

Latest posts