What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

Bred not Bought

Juniors
That was a rubbish performance.

Boys looked gassed from the get go.

Moses shoulder looks cooked again. Fish looks down on fitness and not in the right headspace.

Despite people frothing about alamonti i thought the edge defence by both him and tago was pretgy avg.

Dyl and yeo really the only shinning lights.

Could make a case romey is getting back to gis best tho which is probs the biggest positive to take out of it other than the two points.

Not sure if ivan flogged them for two weeks but they looked cooked from the get go.

Few days rest before nq i reckon and get nath back.

We weren't that bad.
Alamoti had a great game.

Luai overplayed his hand today. You could see he was trying to impress WT.

Fish and Leota were better in their 2nd stints. People forget both were bog average at the start of last year before getting better.

Henry and Smith had good games.

Yeo was outstanding.

The Tigers dug in and made things difficult.

A solid performance with much improvement still to come.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Fish and Moses both look underdone our middle defence got better once the benchies came on. Right edge defence is concerning Tago has trust in Schneider, cleary back should fix that up.

Girds89

Bench
All bye teams have played a bit like that.

That was a very un panthers like performance..bye or no bye..

Edge defence looked brittle. We never have that many half chances against us.

Our line speed in defence was well down.

Moses and fish were shirt grapping at stages.

Its a bit of a concern cos it was poor against manly too..

Hopeful nath back gets the boys firing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Aslong as getting 2 points amd no injuries who cares.
Visually Brisbane are the team to beat but they are playing their best footy. So are the Storm. But look better at the moment.
Both aslong as you are close enough come the last 6 rounds that's when you step it up. It is a long season. Now just about collecting points however you can.

MugaB

Coach
Very happy with Alamotis performance. Defended well and burned them when he had half a chance. So good to be a club where talented inconsistent players can kick into another gear.
Also a noted goal kicker aswell, but Dylan is doing pretty well atm

Iamback

Coach
Fish and Moses both look underdone our middle defence got better once the benchies came on. Right edge defence is concerning Tago has trust in Schneider, cleary back should fix that up.

Martin's form being down. Plays a huge part in that

Pjf04b

Juniors
I'm in Linyi in northern China and thought it was not too bad a performance. The look on JFH's face when he scored seemed like he was getting back to be happy and his old self. Alamoti was good, Turuva is becoming a good finisher, Yeo is Yeo (I think a new word for excellence should be Yeo), Luai did more today than he has since he did his shoulder, Dylan was his usual workhorse, Smith and Henry did their jobs well.
Whilst there were probably too many half breaks the scramble and pressure led to turnovers. They still have the best defence in the NRL, around 15 points per game.
No need for doom and gloom especially when the best player in the game is still to come back.

One thing I'm not happy about is that it costs $22 for one week on NRL Watch. How is that attractive to anybody overseas who would like to watch the game?

Goonji

Juniors
Aslong as getting 2 points amd no injuries who cares.
Visually Brisbane are the team to beat but they are playing their best footy. So are the Storm. But look better at the moment.
Both aslong as you are close enough come the last 6 rounds that's when you step it up. It is a long season. Now just about collecting points however you can.
Not Panthers best performance but any time we win it’s a good day.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have been saying since we signed him Alamoti must play. The power for that try was what we have lacked this year

May is as powerfull isn't he?
Would be interesting however if decided to put Tago into the 2nd row now.

Frankus

Juniors
I doubt he's even a target of ours
Hopefully he is not. I think there are more promising front towers out there if we were to go to market for one. Otherwise we wait on Riki and have Henry step up. Don’t think it is panic stations for us. What we will miss most from Fish is his passion and mongrel. We need that enforcer in the middle - maybe that’s Martin but we shouldnt weaken one position to strengthen another.

betcats

Referee
One thing was clear to me yesterday - Stefano is not the answer to replace Fish. I don’t get the hype. Probably unpopular opinion but I thought he was ordinary.

Can’t judge him off that one game(even though he was way better than moses, bad games happen), he’s been good this year and would be a great pick up but he’s not going to be fish straightaway. Fish wasn’t fish at 23.